Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Not on a farm... but in a rural community, raised by a depression era aunt.

--------------------

Put a coat of finish on those kitchen chairs I've been stripping.. Should hit them again, don't think I'm gonna, though. Tired of them already.. All hand sanding... No flat surfaces to use machines on.  If one wasn't half stripped when they were given, I wouldn't have done it at all. They do look better, but wasn't a high priority project.

Folks think I don't have enough to do...In reality, I am trying to clear my calendar to do things I want to do.

--------------------------------

Record temps all this week.  Don't want to hear people whining about it being too warm... I will tell them to go back to MT or ... 85` - 90` is not uncomfortable. Normal is in the low 70's

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Record temps all this week.  Don't want to hear people whining about it being too warm... I will tell them to go back to MT or ... 85` - 90` is not uncomfortable. Normal is in the low 70's

It was just gosh dern beautiful around these parts yesterday. Rain last weekend cleaned out the skies. Yesterday crystal clear not a cloud anywhere to be seen. Shirtsleeve weather, perfect for wall building.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My OCD kicked in...

I ended up putting a second coat of finish... poly spar varnish on these kitchen chairs.  If I had wanted to make them good I would have sanded and tacked,... the first coat was still a wee tacky to sand

and I don't have tack cloth...

Wife was looking at what they might cost [vs my time refinishing the "free" chairs]....

at the high end $215ea and closer to reality, $115each. Hardly worth my spare time. They do look better, even with the "distressed" finish. I love that euphemism.

Nice weather to do it outside. Didn't get much working time before the poly gummed up.   85` and no humidity

the other day, box came down [damn cats] that had packing peanuts in it. The peanuts got loose and static stuck them to the cats

that was mildly entertaining

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Scanning yahoo "news"... an ad

Stunning Apartments in Arivaca for Retirees"....sure they do! lol

gonna sand and put one more coat of poly on these chairs. They need one more... a finish coat. 

caught a few fish for dinner. Seems the military was playing today. Fly bys from an A-10 at tree top.... and I mean tree top. A Huey thumped by... then a C-120/130 blew oven at the top of the hills [the A-10 was much lower].   A-10's are cool.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Scanning yahoo "news"... an ad

Stunning Apartments in Arivaca for Retirees"....sure they do! lol

gonna sand and put one more coat of poly on these chairs. They need one more... a finish coat. 

caught a few fish for dinner. Seems the military was playing today. Fly bys from an A-10 at tree top.... and I mean tree top. A Huey thumped by... then a C-120/130 blew oven at the top of the hills [the A-10 was much lower].   A-10's are cool.

A-10s just look mean. I'm directly under a flight pattern of two Warthogs, they pass over probably 4-6 times a year. They seem low and slow. Not sure where they're going, or coming from, is Grissom AFB still open?

2 hours ago, sunburnwilly said:

Some-Animals-Just-Want-To-Watch-The-Worl

The cat almost saved that hi-side. Looks like he hit his head, hope he was ok. Alex Marquez had a hi-side much worse than that last Saturday in Valencia Spain. He raced Sunday, but wasn't competitive. 

• Like 4

Where are all the cycle boys?  Was that a flash in the pan?  Did I jump to soon? 

First freeze here this morning.....barely. 

Found a friend with a shooting range so tomorrow I'll visit with my new Extar EP-9 with red dot.  Needs to be sighted in. 

LF will be taking the Jakester to the spa for a trim and bath while I'm popping caps. 

That's about all the news from the slow lane............

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Where are all the cycle boys?  Was that a flash in the pan?  Did I jump to soon? 

First freeze here this morning.....barely. 

Found a friend with a shooting range so tomorrow I'll visit with my new Extar EP-9 with red dot.  Needs to be sighted in. 

LF will be taking the Jakester to the spa for a trim and bath while I'm popping caps. 

That's about all the news from the slow lane............

There's a couple of posts above yours with a bike in it. Or, with snow and winter coming, we could talk about snowmobiles!

Have fun shooting, I have a gun I haven't shot yet, and need to.

• Like 3

Rode one of the bikes last week and found time to hit the range also - win, win. Having a great stretch of weather here in south KC, not a cloud and 60’s - 70’s. Still busy with the the odds and ends of moving, in the process of shoveling 4 tons of decorative rock. Keeps a body  young ya know — (hint hint Mr. ‘Heel) 

• Like 4

was a nice peaceful trip to the lake. Gotten too shallow for the fancy bass boats to launch. Folks with oars rule the lake.

Got a little chuckle....

One couple, on a kayak, asked if "we" were on tour///

Huh?  ZZTop.

Then, I spent 1/2 hour chatting with a BordePratrol agent at the ramp.  When I saw a uniform walking toward me, I thought I was gonna need to dig my fishing license out.  Nah.. just a BP.. Nice convo. We talked politics of the border and "the wall" and the cartels.

.............Actually, it was his Friday and he was looking for a place to take his boy fishing.

I think he was trying to hide and cruise out his Friday w/o getting involved in anything too exciting.

---------------------------------------------

Decorative rock... what a pita. Generally speaking... If it is bigger than pea gravel, shovels don't work on it.

• Like 3