Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

there magically delicious !

Troopers: Cocaine found hidden in cereal boxes during Thruway traffic stop in Verona

Observer-Dispatch

0:21
0:49

Troopers with the New York State Police said nearly 4.5 pounds of cocaine was found hidden in two boxes of cereal during a traffic stop Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020, along the Thruway in Verona.

One man is facing felony drug charges after troopers found approximately 4.5 pounds of cocaine hidden in cereal boxes during a vehicle stop Saturday on the Thruway in Verona, according to the New York State Police.

Troopers said 23-year-old Jahn Rentas, of Worcester, Massachusetts, was charged with first-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. 

Troopers said Rantas was pulled over around 1:45 a.m. Saturday for a vehicle and traffic violation. While interviewing the driver, probable cause was established to search the vehicle and the occupants, according to state police.

The search yielded the amounts of cocaine that were discovered within two boxes of Lucky Charms, troopers said.

After he was taken into custody, Rentas was remanded to the Oneida County jail pending arraignment

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

More bluegill for tomorrow's breakfast.

Yeah buddy. I like them 'gills.

...there are red-ear sunfish in the lake, too. Not to be confused with bluegill. Red-ear can taste muddy. Half tempted to go out again today... w/o the boat. Bank fishing. Lake is down enough to do that....  er, don't have to walk an extra half mile [around a boggy area] to get to where I want. Hiking with fishing gear is kinda a pita. Following cow paths thru the brush, which has thorns and cat-claw to slow ya down... not to mention hiking hunched over. Cows don't seem to clear stuff higher than their head.

Pulled a bird from the freezer. Looks to be 13 or 14lb.  Need to cube some bread for stuffing.That's is for me. Wife doesn't care about it. 

Hard to think Thanksgiving is this week. We might get near seasonable weather for the occasion. I can do w/o that.... rather enjoying the 80` temps. 

• Like 4

What were they thinking?  

After the Detroit Lions lost 20 - 0 to the shorthanded Carolina Panthers, The Eastern Market Brewing Co. debuted “Same Old Lager,” a Detroit Lions themed beer.  Apparently, they didn’t think it necessary to get the permission of Barry Sanders or the Detroit Lions.  Barry promptly shut it down.

D8848DF3-A209-4D94-ACC3-EA6A3DA8DFA2.jpeg

• Like 5

• Moderators

Been busy, building permit approved so I have been forming to pour a slab. Looks like it will be poured next week, then the building can start. I used treated wood for the form, will try to reuse it for some benches once the building is done. 

One thing I found out the new (to me) stakes used to hold a form is MUCH better than the old 2x4 cut to a point on the end. The stakes are 3/4" thick round stakes, I used the 18" long stakes since the slab is sitting on the ground. The stakes are way easier than driving a 2x4 or even 2x3 into the ground which is like cement here.

• Like 5

• Moderators

It's been so long since I did this I don't think round spikes were even used back then, well maby commercially ?

I cut a 2x3 to a nice point to try, it was not going to happen, I got about 3" and it would take a 20 pound maul and mushroom the stake to go any more. Plus I have no plans to use one that heavy, for that long anyway, I am far from 30 these days.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, dtel said:

way easier than driving a 2x4 or even 2x3 into the ground which is like cement here.

Oh?????  You gotta see my "dirt".  We have, what is called, caliche. Natural concrete. You get to that after you plow through the rock. First tool you want when digging a hole is a backhoe...

clay is tough, but.... I would take clay over this rock pile... any day

you should have seen me [trying to] drive a ground rod for the house.  I ended up digging a trench 2 feet deep and 15 feet long, instead. The rod went about a foot and a half and STOPPED. Not even a fence post driver would move it any further.

I'll be interested to see how this big Erector set goes together for ya. It does look like fun, to me.

• Like 3