Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

self-censored?

----------------------------------------------------

Watching the local news.... a sports feature called Friday Night  Fever.. local HS games

lately, it has been mostly contests cancelled because of fever...

spoke of wife making me scratch my head. Got a good one this evening.

She made fish for dinner. .... we have 3 or 4 pounds of fresh Bluegill fillets sitting in the refrigerator

so, she thaws out cod...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

From cars to jets, The A-10 Warthog, no landing gear, no canopy, no sweat.👍

It's real name is Thunderbolt II. The Thunderbolt wasn't a classic looker, either. Much like a bulldog

no matter. it's a great plane

shake the dirt off and put it back in the air

got a fly by while I was at the lake the other day. I could almost make out the brand of sunglasses the pilot was wearing.

What you see in the pic above is what they consider minimum altitude out here

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

out of ketchup.   with the pandemic, I just don't run to the grocery store for things anymore at the drop of a hat.  this cursed pandemic!  it's ruined my fine dining practices.

You’ve taken the wind from my sails, BSM. Here in the land of plenty, with more to eat than we know what to do with, sitting in our castle  on the hill with panoramic views of of our vast land holdings and a pantry with two, not one, bottles of Heinz ketchup in the ginormous Costco bottle(s) I can’t help but feel dirty with these riches. I will be more than happy to FedEx one of these beauties your way.

It is the the season of giving, right - 🎅

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

It's real name is Thunderbolt II. The Thunderbolt wasn't a classic looker, either. Much like a bulldog

no matter. it's a great plane

shake the dirt off and put it back in the air

got a fly by while I was at the lake the other day. I could almost make out the brand of sunglasses the pilot was wearing.

What you see in the pic above is what they consider minimum altitude out here

The P-47 Thunderbolt a forerunner of air to air ground:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, richieb said:

You’ve taken the wind from my sails, BSM. Here in the land of plenty, with more to eat than we know what to do with, sitting in our castle  on the hill with panoramic views of of our vast land holdings and a pantry with two, not one, bottles of Heinz ketchup in the ginormous Costco bottle(s) I can’t help but feel dirty with these riches. I will be more than happy to FedEx one of these beauties your way.

It is the the season of giving, right - 🎅

you are a kind man; but when I was a little boy, my grandmother sat me on her knee and said, "Little BigStewMan, never take a man's ketchup -- you must share the finer things in life."  I think that is what she was saying, she spoke Portuguese around the house, so I put my own meaning behind all the hollering. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That's quite a warm up, is that common? Enjoy the warmth, snow for us tomorrow!

uh huh

45` - 50` is a normal warm up during the winter. One reason why we wait for snow [if and when] to disappear before we venture out... around noon

on the flip side, you can feel the sun going down. Start noticing it  cooling off late afternoon.

oh... no...

I was thinking of mercurichrome

Tinctures...

We can lawfully admit to enjoying weed tomorrow, I guess. Recreational becomes legal as soon as the "Certified Election Results" and made public.

I am I gonna lose standing if I was to say I have not been "Pissing off the neighbors".  She likes us. Doesn't ever mention the stereo... Says she notices when boy comes in with his buffalo fart car stereo...

Gave us money to put up our annual Christmas lights in the trees.  Wife told her it wasn't a matter of money.... It is when Bill gets to doing some shopping. She insisted on giving us $20 anyway. That will pay to keep them lit for a while.  For some reason or other, she likes our [rather random] lights hanging in the trees... or maybe that we have big enough tress to do it... I dunno.

• Like 4