Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

never had black eyed peas though.

If you like beans you would like them.  They are not exactly beans,  but close, with an earthy flavor all their own.  Of course, mine often get the oldtimer treatment, with a little kick.  This time there will be a ham hock involved, and some chiles.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If you like beans you would like them.  They are not exactly beans,  but close, with an earthy flavor all their own.  Of course, mine often get the oldtimer treatment, with a little kick.  This time there will be a ham hock involved, and some chiles.  

I LOVE beans ... possibly the biggest part of my diet for decades now. 

how do mustard greens compare to collard greens -- taste wise?   my family always used some sort of pork when cooking the collard greens. I could eat greens daily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

next morning, there is a puddle of puke next to his rack. we told him to clean it up and he said he didn't do it. we knew he did and demanded that he be the one to clean it up. he tried to say that he was sound asleep then woke up and someone came in the room and threw a pizza.  "okay, buddy ... YOU get to clean up the pizza then."

oh, the good ol days.

Oh yeah, the “the good ol’ days. You know they were the good ol days when puking is involved — 🤮

• Haha 3

Geeze all of you sailors sound like southside guys to me.

Supposedly going to school in Atl., met the brother of a guy I knew in high school here. Roomed and conspired together for a while... pony kegs and inner tubes go well together. In the heat of summer about an hour N of Atlanta is a river straight out of the mountains that will take your breath away when it's 90 outside it's so cold. Besides the innertubes and our two rafts there were a lot more in that flotilla on the Chattahoochee before long!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, richieb said:

Oh yeah, the “the good ol’ days. You know they were the good ol days when puking is involved — 🤮

I haven't puked since 1989. I haven't had a cold since 2017 and have only had five since New Years 2000.  I'm a man that takes his streaks seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

I haven't puked since 1989. I haven't had a cold since 2017 and have only had five since New Years 2000.  I'm a man that takes his streaks seriously. 

You and Seinfeld. His no throw-up streak lasted over thirteen years. Taken down by the black and white cookie — 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

pony kegs and inner tubes go well together. In the heat of summer about an hour N of Atlanta is a river straight out of the mountains that will take your breath away when it's 90 outside it's so cold. Besides the innertubes and our two rafts there were a lot more in that flotilla on the Chattahoochee before long!

It's been very long time since we have gone tubing, like 30 years, but we do go kayaking, no room for beer but we make up for it. 

It's better to go during the week, on the weekend there are more people. The weekend... 

kayaking 8 2014-18.JPG

• Like 6

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

The exact reason I moderate, there is nothing worse than that. The last time I did we were married less than a year, so about 42 years ago, except for a few times being sick,  not involving a drinks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

The exact reason I moderate, there is nothing worse than that. The last time I did we were married less than a year, so about 42 years ago, except for a few times being sick,  not involving a drinks.

early 2000s I tried to puke. at a party and drank WAY too much. went into the front yard and jammed my finger down my throat ... nothing.  I'm happy now because the streak is still alive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I can't stand it, you know your in trouble when the room starts spinning.

a friend from high school used to say that he tries to make the room spin faster. at my age, over drinking doesn't feel too good.  even 10 years ago, the wall was 10 beers, now it's a lot less.  more if I'm out and active though.

saw a lady wearing a t-shirt that said "your liver is evil and must be punished."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

saw a lady wearing a t-shirt that said "your liver is evil and must be punished."

I can tell you firsthand: That gal is d*mn ignorant.

Try it! I killed mine and as it shrivels to the size of your fist it will punish the h^ll out of you in many ways!!

Ya think kidney stones hurt?

You know nothing!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You live you learn, sometimes the hard way in my case. As long as I keep it to three shots a week or so (medicinal purposes) as I have been for a couple years I'm ok and the new one is too. It's a decade more young than the rest of me!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dtel said:

I can't stand it, you know your in trouble when the room starts spinning.

I've heard if you're laying on a bed and the room is spinning, hang a leg off so your foot can touch the floor and the spinning will stop. I've never tried it, it's been decades since I've felt like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm with oldtimer on this one......Mustard Greens.  A little vinegar too.  Folks here in the south (maybe all over the US)  say the greens are more tender after the first frost.  Folks in Florida may starve waiting for a frost though. Turnip Greens are pretty tasty too with pieces of the Turnip root added.  Third favorite would be Collards again with vinegar.  I do think I'm in the minority in not choosing collards as #1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1