Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mornin' !?!

Getting to listen to the wife's LaScalas this morning.  She went to Tucson to get a covid test.  She's our canary in the coal mine. Sees a lot more people than me.

She goes back to work tomorrow... we don't know if there will be kids or not. Gov is deciding what to do with Supt of Schools recommending a 2 wk quarantine after the holidays.

Normality is in the balance. They're winging it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@grasshopperWife's LS?  You're learning!  hahaha  I see Jubes in your future!  :)

Not too much happening around here.  Cold but no snow yet.  I'm sure it's on the way.  At least I'm back in here post-hack or whatever it was.  These things are crazy.  Lost all my credibility but truth be known I prolly didn't have any credibility!  Just a bunch of points and dots.  😂

Welcome to 2021!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopperWife's LS?  You're learning!  hahaha  I see Jubes in your future!  :)

Not too much happening around here.  Cold but no snow yet.  I'm sure it's on the way.  At least I'm back in here post-hack or whatever it was.  These things are crazy.  Lost all my credibility but truth be known I prolly didn't have any credibility!  Just a bunch of points and dots.  😂

Welcome to 2021!

Hello Newbie 😀 Tubes or SS, Heritage or Reference, analog or digital?

I caught WillyBob calling them the wife's LS also! 

• Haha 4

Lots of "E's" from this place... been going through papers for a couple days and running around town. Finally found some good, plain yellow corn meal took the stuff out to make some cornbread and my buttermilk was sour! Dated 12/21.

Its shredded already but found a bill from two weeks after my little brothers birth date in 1970. He cost $500.00;), his 14 year old boy cost him around $20K. Whew! Glad I didn't have to pay that much for any of my flings! So the file system was broken I think, found this long after the hundred pounds of sheet music was sold and given away months ago. This one is memorable from a piano, or anywhere.

PXL-20210103-192727585.jpg

Welcome Back Dave!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

We had a $2600 wire repair last week caused by rodents.  Had to pull the dash and evap case to fix everything.   Colder weather drives them into vehicles.  We've done a half dozen or so in the last couple months.  Injector and coil wires are a favorite as well.

We winter stored lots of cars over the years. A trick that has always worked was Moth Balls.

On the carpet, under the seats, inside the engine compartment-even in filter housings, just laying around underneath the vehicle,

and especially inside the exhaust outlets. I helped a friend cut a muffler out from his '32 Ford PU after winter storage in a 'secure'

place and it was totally  packed with seeds. The consistency of cured epoxy. I've removed mouse nests from marine engine carburetors.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, Tarheel said:

Warning light in the BMW Z4 says "engine malfunction reduced power".  Any ideas?  Garage not open till Monday.

so , what was wrong with  the car after all  ?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, NADman said:

A trick that has always worked was Moth Balls

I have a house in the woods. What has worked for me are cats. I feed them just enough to keep them here and hungry enough to hunt, which is more than I do for the fox, deer, birds and other cats that lives here too. I don't have a mouse problem, but in the spring, the raccoons were a real problem.   

• Like 1