Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thinking of downsizing some here. My wife doesn't enjoy just listening to music, and don't suggest I find another. That is NOT on the table! 

There are plans for the LaScalas (they will go to the older son). The living room has a pair of JBL4311s and Sansui SP2000 hooked to an H/K630.

It's the fun room... currently has the LS with the MWMs connected as the woofers. AWESOME, but large. My Heresy IIs aren't even hooked up, what's with that?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I see. 

How serious are you downsizing? Smaller house and all? 

I have some fish to fry. Better get going. Fresh from my trip to the lake today. Didn't fillet these. Left them on the frame

Same house, just making more room and space.   Enjoying more purpose rooms for the various electronic / music hobbies without the clutter.

The 'Music Hall' has been emptied over the past couple of months allowing the open space as you saw in today's photos.  I needed to create a dedicated room for movies (600M and RP centers/surrounds/s'woofers) in one direction with it's own rack/seating and gear.   And then a more serious 2 channel system in the same room with it's own seating area.   It has taken a long time to get there, but happy with the results.    Hope you've enjoyed your catch of the day 🍷

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Really! 

Nice room @Tigerman how's it going Gary? Still rebuilding the pipes?

Hey there Ceptor!  Oh yes, still doing the pipeorgan tech thing, but 'semi' retired back last June, only a two day work week (Monday-Tuesday) is needed to stay afloat :D.    Thank you for the compliment on the new Longfellow Music Hall.   I know the room looks very live with the openess and hard tile floor, but there are 11 ATS sound absortive panels all around the room, this tamed it down, but still leaving a bit of acoustic 'life' in the space.   

So far, it is the finiest sounding room I have ever had, and the new gear?   I will just leave that to the imagination.   When Covid has been cleared up, the doors will be open for listening sessions with friends and the curious 🍷....

I will try to be more involved here once again, I miss all of you for sure!  :emotion-25:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Hey coffee gang!  I know it has been WAY too long since I have dropped by here.  Many changes in the audio room.  But, thought I would chime in.   I have been enjoying the RP-600M's for a little while now.   RP-280F towers up for grabs - downsizing stuff 'round here ;).IMG-3973.jpg

What R2R is that?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockhound said:

What R2R is that?

Hey there Rock!  That is a Sony Superscope TC-388.   I bought it new in 1974 at the height of the four channel rage.  It was $800 back then, from my local Lafayette dealer, that also carried Marantz and other well known brands back in the day !

The deck on the northern side of the space is a minty Teac A-6010, it is also from those early days and still plays like new, the Sony, well, not so much.....needs some TLC :emotion-25:

• Thanks 1

WKTV Logo

SEVERE WX : Winter Storm Warning - Winter Weather Advisory View Alerts
 CLOSINGS: View Closings

A GLOOMY GROUNDHOG DAY: PUNXSUTAWNEY PHIL SAYS MORE WINTER 

Groundhog+Day+AP.jpg

Punxsutawney Phil has emerged from his burrow to forecast there will be six more weeks of winter.

to bad this did not happen again

Punxsutawney Phil found dead; cause unknown. February 20, 2016 at 1:57 a.m.

• Like 1

I'm about ready for a full-time stick.  The arthritis in my hip is getting pretty bad.  10 years ago, it was moderate according to the surgeon I consulted with. He said he'd do a hip replacement when I told him that the pain was enough to take the fun out of life. 

had a telephone appointment with the Doc this morning, she wanted to follow up on our last phone appointment. went over the usual stuff that doctor's ask. She did make me take my blood pressure (I have a device to do that) and shockingly it was 152/91 and I took it three times!  I told her that she was just making me nervous.  Took it about an hour later and it was back to normal 112/71.  

Went over the usual ... how's the breathing?  how is the neck pain?  I have four herniated disks and arthritis in my neck and hip -- so the pain is a daily thing.  I like to say on the particularly painful days (like today) that I'm earning my disability. 

I did ask where I stood on the covid vaccine ranking ... she said my breathing issues make a higher priority. Right now though they're only vaccinating age 65 or older with medical conditions. She did say that they're ramping up quite aggressively now and that my turn is weeks away not months away. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

watching the movie, Up In Smoke ... does this bring back memories for any of you?  I feel like they filmed me and my friends without us knowing it. had to laugh when Stacy keach, the cop, busts up a party. he sees a plate of spilt Ajax cleaner and thinks it's coke.  He says, "This is high grade stuff. it must be Peruvian flake."

• Haha 3