Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I'd rather not be put on ice... thank you

How's everyone today?

I had a nice "visit" with the Dr.  Phone in isn't near as much fun.

I tried to go to the lake... Took me 4 tries to gather what I needed into the car. When I got a couple miles toward the lake, remembered something else I needed and decided it was a sign that I didn't really want to go... So, I stayed home.  May attempt the lake again, today

• Like 1

STATE POLICE FIND 'WONKA BARS' LACED WITH MARIJUANA DURING TRAFFIC STOP IN SCHUYLER 

Wonka+pot+bars.jpg
Photo courtesy of New York State Police

A man was arrested in the town of Schuyler Wednesday after New York State Police found 400 pounds of various edibles containing marijuana in his car during a traffic stop.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 4:29 PM
Updated: Feb 4, 2021 4:37 PM
Posted By: WKTV

SCHUYLER, N.Y. – A man was arrested in the town of Schuyler Wednesday after New York State Police found 400 pounds of various edibles containing marijuana in his car during a traffic stop.

State police stopped 21-year-old Lindsay L. Miranda, of Hudson, on the Thruway just before 1 p.m.

After finding cause to search the vehicle, troopers found imitation candies like 'Wonka bars,' 'Trolli' gummies and 'Gushers,' all containing THC, as well as two additional pounds of marijuana and about $8,000 in cash.

Wonka+drugs.jpg

Miranda was arrested and charged with criminal possession of marijuana, a D felony.

He was arraigned and released with an appearance ticket.

Wonka+drugs+3.jpg

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Hasn't been a great week with Jake having gall stones and not eating.  He has refused just about everything.  Back to the vet today for fluids, shot of B12 and a prescription to stimulate appetite.  Just gave him the first pill with peanut butter on the roof of his mouth.

After two week without alcohol I have poured the first two tonight. 

IMG_9896.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Hasn't been a great week with Jake having gall stones and not eating.  He has refused just about everything.  Back to the vet today for fluids, shot of B12 and a prescription to stimulate appetite.  Just gave him the first pill with peanut butter on the roof of his mouth.

IMG_9896.jpg

Here’s one for you 🥃 and The Jake 🥃

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Tarheel Hey Chuck ... the Jakester must have my stomach. My stomach has been giving me problems again lately -- I'm going to lay off the sauce for a bit to see if that helps. 

Brother went in for another Endoscopy today. Totally normal.  Thank God for that.  He did have a consult with the Chief of Gastroenterology Department. This guy said that the previous docs should NOT have told him that his stomach would eventually go back to normal. The surgery he had required nerves to be severed and therefore his stomach will never act like it did before. He said now his stomach is nothing more than a grocery bag and he needs medication to help it empty. after the surgery, he developed SEVERE reflux. Goes up to his mouth, makes him vomit, he breathes some of it and really irritates his lungs. He can never lay flat again, must be at least 35 degree incline.  He follows all the doctor's orders; but the reflux continues -- not every day; but the sucky part is that he never knows when it will hit. His Oncologist's response was "yeah that sucks; but you don't have cancer anymore."  So now he just has to learn to accept his new normal. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

IMG_9896.jpg

hope Jake has a turn around

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I've had  a  dog who had gall stones -----cod liver oil mixed with lemon for 2 weeks did the trick   ---

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well crap, Chuck

Sorry to hear Jake isn't doing so well.

Steve,

"New normality".... .... that sux... Like  the Dr said about my back... "Get used to it".. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A neighbor was having some fencing done. Asked her if she had any extra post holes, I would take them. Would even pay for them. She sez I can have them for free... the installation is what costs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife's secretary [alter ego -private chef] told me she wants to open a food truck with me.... I suppose she want me to drive it...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

My wife's secretary [alter ego -private chef] told me she wants to open a food truck with me.

A food truck you say , heaven on wheels ,  way better food than Mc Donalds  -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

-----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife's secretary [alter ego -private chef] told me she wants to open a food truck with me.... I suppose she want me to drive it...

“I suppose she wants me to drive it”. A man with your wisdom? Please - she wants you to fund it . And should this come about and your serving food, wear a belt. An open Kimono while serving bacon and eggs, hold the sausage, is an open invite to the local health inspector.

• Haha 4

Not getting much time to even look at the pc lately. Good to keep busy, showed the place once already Sunday to a couple that friend's with my in-town aunt. Targeting end of Feb to get it listed. Break-time and food coming up soon.

@Tarheel know that Jake is family to y'all, 🥃 here's to a good outcome!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No fishing trip today. Wife's back is acting up. She is OK to work, but not much more. Kitchen needed to be cleaned before I could cook. While I was at it...mopped the floors and vacuumed the rugs and cat... yeah, cat. Cat is lucky I use a shop vac...  Cat is loco. Nice loco... but, loco.

Listened to some music while I worked. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2