Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

If drinking got him to look like that, he needs the 12 steps and would a magic eraser work on his face tat? Way too early for a shot but six lightning strikes in five minutes only and less than one-one thousand away and I shut things down here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

If drinking got him to look like that, he needs the 12 steps and would a magic eraser work on his face tat?

12 steps done twice, if drinking did that I would never have another drink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, Shiva said:

Two months into our relationship, I could no longer hear her accent.

Way back when, when I left the Air Force and moved to North Carolina. My kids 5 and 7 picked up the Southern accent in North Carolina in about a month. I got used to it in about 3 months 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

doctor asked me if I smoked,

My Doc knows I smoke. Its his job to say...Bad Bad...

I feel bad for being chastised for hitting the all mighty cigarette...

But damn... it goes down good on a bad day...

"Your blood pressure is boiling at work..."

How about some of this....Delta-9....

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-thc-in-marijuana-4080556

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Way back when, when I left the Air Force and moved to North Carolina. My kids 5 and 7 picked up the Southern accent in North Carolina in about a month. I got used to it in about 3 months 🙂

Hey that's not the way everyone in NC talks!

Some are much worse but there are less of us in the Piedmont now. Because the North is so great (they say) they moved here:blush:

But I've NEVER heard anyone from here say what you put in the crankshaft part of an internal combustion engine with two syllables:lol:.

My blue-blooded Bostonian x and the entire family... yep Italian, got all of them for one of theirs! They called it oi - ol. We say oil. That's one syllable dag-nabbitt!

• Haha 1

The words smoking and doctors always reminds me of the time George Burns was on Carson.  He's 90 or so, smoking a cigar while he's chatting.  

Johnny asks him "how many cigars do you smoke per day"

George says '3 or 4." If memory serves. 

Johnny then asks, "what's your doctor say about smoking that many at your age"

George's response.  "My doctors dead"  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, MyOwn said:

My Doc knows I smoke. Its his job to say...Bad Bad...

I feel bad for being chastised for hitting the all mighty cigarette...

But damn... it goes down good on a bad day...

"Your blood pressure is boiling at work..."

How about some of this....Delta-9....

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-thc-in-marijuana-4080556

My father and my stepfather were both chain smokers, but they finally stopped when they were in their sixties.  It wasn’t the chance of lung cancer that convinced them, it was the heart attacks they’d been having. My brother didn’t get that far.  By age fifty, his lung cancer had spread to his brain and liver.  He died a few weeks after his fifty-first birthday.

Me?  I smoked a couple of packs when I was thirteen.  It struck me as expensive and pointless, so I dropped it then.

On the bright side, my brother’s premature death was the factor that motivated me to get serious about putting together the great sound system I’d always dreamed of.  I suddenly realized that my time is not unlimited, so I’d better get to it or it might never happen.  I did get to it, and about eighteen months later a pair of La Scalas arrived at my door.  Two months after that, I discovered this funny farm, and I’ve been here ever since.  The company is really good.

EDIT:  Both my father and my stepfather lived into their eighties, after stopping smoking in their sixties.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1