Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good Morning Forum!  Cup #3, sun is shining and we kidnapped our granddaughter Maylie, yet again to spend the night.  LOL  Went out to dinner last night, did a little shopping and then home for our typical night of music, dancing and singing.  Our time with her is always special, and the fact that she absolutely loves music makes it all come together.  I may have had a little influence since she's been born and she turns 4 next month.  Drum kit is her birthday present from me, but won't be a surprise, since we spent time picking it out together.  At her age, the right color pink was an essential part of the decision.  LOL Better get the sausage and bacon cooking, she'll wake up soon and we'll be making waffles.  Have a great day!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pete H said:

Good Morning Forum!  Cup #3, sun is shining and we kidnapped our granddaughter Maylie, yet again to spend the night.  LOL  Went out to dinner last night, did a little shopping and then home for our typical night of music, dancing and singing.  Our time with her is always special, and the fact that she absolutely loves music makes it all come together.  I may have had a little influence since she's been born and she turns 4 next month.  Drum kit is her birthday present from me, but won't be a surprise, since we spent time picking it out together.  At her age, the right color pink was an essential part of the decision.  LOL Better get the sausage and bacon cooking, she'll wake up soon and we'll be making waffles.  Have a great day!

Pete....sausage, bacon, waffles and a new drum kit to play with! You should get Grandpaw of the year 😄

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Mornin' All

How's everyone this AM?

No fire last night. Temp bottomed out at 45`... from 80`. 85` predicted today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@JohnJ... My niece lives in Charlotte. Not looking to buy, though. Got one already. My sister lives in Gibsonville [near Greensboro].

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A drum set, eh, Pete?   Nice! I gave the granddaughter an electronic keyboard.  I'm trying to get her interested in music. When I was a kid, we had a piano to play with. Only one [of 4] took to it. Not me....Dad wanted me to play a horn... My teeth prevented that. Never got a full set of adult chompers. Missing 2 ... right in the bottom middle. Not to mention, I knocked a baby incisor out... Had to wait for that gap to fill. I did learn to whistle thru the gap...

• Like 4

I just stretched backwards a little past what I'm allowed. Trying to make two moves on the ladder for one wall.

They aren't as bad as when it started back in 08 or 09. & I don't have to do those contortions every time anymore... but it must be a forever thing like bursitis or any of the other things we just get dealt!

Actually wonder if I ate to much blotter or dots that one summer in 1979. Maybe I'm getting microburst half-life flashbacks. & it was:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

As I really didn't expect to live this long (men in my family rarely make past mid 40s w/o heart attack/stroke/diabetes) the surprise would be I'm alive. Not complaining mind you.........

Might not be the case but... Is your secret dietary?

Less fried foods, more lean meat, more fruits & veggies. Good clean water.

There's something to it!

And not bingeing on any one fad for this month and another for the next. My brother is seven years younger and he does that and has a beer gut without the joy of beer. For cardio reasons that's sometimes called the widow-maker. The bonehead won't contemplate the issue when it's brought up by me.

Nature is a balance, and we're part of it if you think about it!

Not a greeny but some knowledge / philosophy can combine to our benefit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

, does anyone know if this vaccine will help ya to lose weight?  

I hope not. I don't have any to spare.

-------------------------------------------------

I went downtown yesterday. Check the farmer's market and see if there was anything I couldn't live without.... Ran into a nice lady... I brought her home.

She's a neighbor...lol

----------------------------------------------

getting some B vitamins. Shucked the shirt and caught some sun while I put a quart of varnish on out dried out porch swing.85`, a gentle breeze and no humidity = no working time... It was sucking in and drying about as fast as I could spread it. Shines now. Needs a final sanding.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:
9 hours ago, geezin' said:

As I really didn't expect to live this long (men in my family rarely make past mid 40s w/o heart attack/stroke/diabetes) the surprise would be I'm alive. Not complaining mind you.........

Might not be the case but... Is your secret dietary?

Same deal in my family. 

I attribute my [relative] good health to not getting married until I was 52.   I have seen what [some] women can do... I have 3 sisters and 3 dead BILs....

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, dtel said:

The one with the desk, and the one with the bed.

There are so many colors to pick from, we redone a bathroom and the wife wanted a color. Not blue and not green so I looked through hundreds of colors and found one that was odd enough to not be either. She liked it so now the bathroom is this odd color, it's different. 

It's called dragonfly, why I don't know ?

Guess I should have let you know the name of that color is what made me laugh. Nice shade of grequoise? Maybe that's one of the colors in a macro shot of one of those dragonflies in bright July sunshine.

My bedroom is a lightened taupe, it was a stock interior color at Bennie Moore last decade. Sherwin Williams 6253 Olympus White is the pc room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Islander said:

Hopefully, soon you guys won’t have to nudge-nudge-wink-wink anymore.  I guess you don’t have pot shops yet, right?

The medical shops should be this summer, but have no reason to go, unless to just look. 

Good friends can eliminate the winking and talking with people I don't really know. Anyway I only try a little for the Glaucoma, blood pressure, wait let me think of a few others,   well preventive maintenance anyway.  :lol:

from the start of the day until the end of the day, for whatever mood you might want at any time of day.

No way, much less for me, maby in the evening when I don't have anything else to do and just a small bit. Never (very rarely) any other time, or I would never get anything done well except for relaxing and listening to music. For me it's like a drink in the evening, that's about it.

Does anyone remember those long-ago days when you could tell who the stoners were by the size of their speakers?  If our younger selves could see us today, lol!

OH OH

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Now we know why you built that barn 😃

Do we need another "C"

It might be here already.  

“Hey!  You guys over by the water cooler!  Stop giggling and get back to work!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4