Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

$5 bag in the late 70s

main-qimg-d7b5977134a7fff66d5a207e6150c1

 

 

 

 

$5 bag today

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm a rookie at this home-selling then moving stuff, but most everything is moved out of here already. Moving when I had the truck was easy... living with that other-half wasn't. We didn't change seasons we changed addresses. I was strong then too, must have been that homemade pasta. Over the years I've missed that more!

 

But geeze I'm worn out from fielding calls telling all I know that could enamor someone with this place and showing it. Got the outside metal scraped, wire brushed and primed today between it all. Had seven showings today, twice folks showed up before the ones looking had left. That doesn't include the video showing with the phone.

 

I'm liable to "feel" like a salesman before the end of the week.

It's one of those nights for a shower and a shot of bourbon.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the sentiment folks.

The down but not up in price? Mix-up with that but the listing came through at that site I was trying to get national access too. With closing costs so high I need to hit a much more broad base of perspective buyers. Can't touch what a realtor would offer in that regard but it's a start for me. Plus I've seen how one of those sites appears to copy info from another, hopefully in my category of how I'm doing this also. Looks like the precip will start as showers tonight, so I've got to get the first coat of paint on the metal that I'm glad I finally got to. Phone's charging got to call that guy that talked to my phone at 10:30 last night, I barely heard that.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While fresh paint and clean carpet might help sell , most folks [buyers] have their own ideas and will repaint and install carpet to their liking.

 

Mornin' All

About halfway through this pot of coffee. No real plans for the day. Another red flag fire day. Humidity is LOW... Dew point was -12`F with an R/H of 2%. Might be a day to go fishing.... after I water the garden.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Dew point was -12`F with an R/H of 2%.

Never seen numbers like that here. ever

 

Any day is a good day to go fishing

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making mummies? :rolleyes: Is that like 1 oz doobies? We did that before the Outlaws played once here at the Coliseum! EZWider UnRolling was the brand and type that made that possible:lol: That stuff unrolled like an ace bandage!

 

Last night just took a shower and hit the sack. Ok fast forward to tonight and I've downed that shot already and am feeling like celebrating!  But I must  r e l a x  & temper myself first. 

 

Those twenty something cute kids with the cherub like faces are freakin vipers in disguise! They've gone for the throat: offered ten k over my higher-side asking, would pay all fees for inspections and closing... even the delinquent tax that was due 1/1.

 

Another nice kid offered a number that was exactly the same as the national home flipping co. did last week. Hmmm.

He said he works in realty somehow. Hmmm.

It was a low-balled offer that I calmly declined both times. I'm thinking there's a "Tool Time" Blue Book for realtors and that's the wholesale price equivalent.

 

Going to hold the course for a week at least and see if the insane sellers market in this burg has struck someone even more so. Six new showings today plus two repeats.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh! Sounds kind of like the title of one of my most played LPs ever. "The Wild, the Willing & the Innocent" another 70s release of course. Great dance music if you are me! If this works I'll christen my new digs with it, hope the bears won't mind it! Heck I just hope to escape the sand as quick as I can. Used to love it, but that's past tense.

* It was `81 when that came out

Edited by JohnJ
*correction
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Making mummies? :rolleyes: Is that like 1 oz doobies? We did that before the Outlaws played once here at the Coliseum! EZWider UnRolling was the brand and type that made that possible:lol: That stuff unrolled like an ace bandage!

 

Last night just took a shower and hit the sack. Ok fast forward to tonight and I've downed that shot already and am feeling like celebrating!  But I must  r e l a x  & temper myself first. 

 

Those twenty something cute kids with the cherub like faces are freakin vipers in disguise! They've gone for the throat: offered ten k over my higher-side asking, would pay all fees for inspections and closing... even the delinquent tax that was due 1/1.

 

Another nice kid offered a number that was exactly the same as the national home flipping co. did last week. Hmmm.

He said he works in realty somehow. Hmmm.

It was a low-balled offer that I calmly declined both times. I'm thinking there's a "Tool Time" Blue Book for realtors and that's the wholesale price equivalent.

 

Going to hold the course for a week at least and see if the insane sellers market in this burg has struck someone even more so. Six new showings today plus two repeats.

That all sounds like fun. 

I didn't realize Charlotte had that type of crime. Indy has changed also, used to be pretty quiet, but now at least a couple shootings per week. Hang in there, you'll be out of there soon.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I remember EZ Wider Unroller.    I also remember using 2 wheat straw papers ... seeds, stems and all.

I've found Pampers to work quite nicely once you get that plastic liner lit!  Kinda tough but they work in a pinch!  😂 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real estate market in Canada is going wild, in Vancouver and Toronto in particular, with selling prices as high as $400k over asking price.  It’s a real sellers’ market right now, but trends change, sometimes surprisingly quickly.  As usual, Victoria prices are lower than those in either Van or TO.  And Victoria gets literally half as much annual rainfall as Vancouver.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in  LA -------they nail their windows and back doors and they still get broken into  - they  break-in  even if you are home , and steal a car right from a driveway , and they all carry Semi-Auto pistols --Glock-Sig-HK- etc -

 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I've found Pampers to work quite nicely once you get that plastic liner lit!  Kinda tough but they work in a pinch!  😂 

 

Hey, a Quarter Pounder is a hamburger, not a joint!

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

That all sounds like fun. 

I didn't realize Charlotte had that type of crime. Indy has changed also, used to be pretty quiet, but now at least a couple shootings per week. Hang in there, you'll be out of there soon.

Ha!

I didn't see any crime mentioned in the post you quoted.... I was accused of one by one unnamed so in so here after that post though;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

---February 6th 2021 --Matteson kia in Illinois --Same style as the Fast and Furious movies----nothing stops a gang of armed kids , not even the Alarm system ---in minutes  6 cars worth 110k$  -roll out --and the cameras are rolling

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

---February 6th 2021 ---6 cars Stolen in minutes----------nothing stopped them , not even the Alarm system  , the camera system  - the thieves are armed kids

 

locally

 

UTICA DEALERSHIP LOOKING FOR SUSPECT IN CAR DOOR THEFT; OFFERING $1,000 REWARD 

Nimey+door+theft.jpg
Photo courtesy of Nimey's New Generation Cars

Nimey’s New Generation Cars says someone cut out the door of a car on their lot, and the owners are offering $1,000 for information leading to a suspect, and the missing door.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 11:40 AM
Updated: Apr 8, 2021 12:24 PM
Posted By: WKTV
 

UTICA, N.Y. – Nimey’s New Generation Cars says someone cut out the door of a car on their lot, and the owners are offering $1,000 for information leading to a suspect, and the missing door.

According to a post on the car dealer’s Facebook, the door was removed from the 2018 Honda Accord Wednesday night, and they are checking security video to see if the suspect was caught on camera.

 

Nimey+door+theft+2.jpg

Anyone with information is asked to call Utica police at 315-223-3510.

Nimey’s is located at 2104 Dwyer Ave. in Utica.

 

 

WE NEED YOUR HELP:: Last night. someone cut a passenger-side door off of a 2018 Honda Accord on our lot.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...