Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

27 minutes ago, babadono said:

Mini celebration here...I'm officially full retirement age 66 & 2 months.

Unfortunately still working for a living.:angry2:

Carry on:emotion-44:

That wall isn't going to pay for itself.

EDIT.  You could sell your house, move to TX and live like a king the rest of your life.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

EDIT.  You could sell your house, move to TX and live like a king the rest of your life.

You know me...and you know I have entertained this thought or something similar(different state maybe) and still do.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, babadono said:

You know me...and you know I have entertained this thought or something similar(different state maybe) and still do.

You need to act while you're still at a point in your life where you can enjoy it.  I know that you know this but figured you needed to hear it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Rescued a hummingbird from one of my cats. I say "rescued" because after sitting in my hand for a minute, it flew away. I was pleasantly surprised.

Gotta keep an eye on those hummingbirds!  They're feisty lil things that are very quick.  In the blink of an eye they're gone!  That poor kitty... 😂  😂

2 hours ago, babadono said:

That's sad to hear but it's true I'm sure.  Have to make our mark in the world cause all the youngin's in here are listening.  Then some day they'll be sayin "Remember that old "mason" in the forum?  That old man was still layin block when he was 66 years and 2 months old.  He was nuts wasn't he?  Wait,   Just hand me two blocks cause I can lay two at a time...  Here, hold my beer I'll show ya how...   Then when he's done goes in and fires up that system of his.  😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

The Swankster.  Nice Chuckie.

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

Once I found out that Samantha was the slutty one, I was ok with it. I like that in a woman, and as a breeder, (corrected that for ya)  :)

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Congrats,  Though cute, he does have the look of one who has lost something rather important. 

Ok, let's all cut this Schiit out!  So far I've spit coffee twice and I'm STILL LAFFIN!  

BTW Steve, good to see ya back and pass me the ketchup please!!!  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Congrats Eric!

My congrats too Eric!  

@Tarheel (don't encourage him too much or we'll be getting updates every few months.  Those cherished "life moments" of his...  I'm lucky to even think about laying blocks.  The thought makes me tired!  :)  Soooo, Swankster it is???  Won't be long you'll be havin cocktails out back with him hangin around.  "Yo Swank come here" and wait for the looks to see him do his thing for the first time.  Mama's prolly not listening too well by now.  Time for a change up...  Yea, Swank's gonna work out just fine me thinks...  P.S.  Lemme know when everyone's read this so I can delete that part back there.  I don't want to get into trouble with her.  It's that preservation of species thingy....   I see one big haopy family again.anyway with him there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Traveled to Alabama Saturday and back Sunday to get the new pup. 

Here is the big boy!

IMG_1164.jpg

Chuck , you  are Blessed twice   ,I  see parts of Jake  in Swanky  -our Famous CCCC  Super Star must have some genes spread out  -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Congrats- sorta’ . Don’t take your SS until your 70, get every damn nickel that you can. Carl may be on the right track - I hear they need certified wall builders in Texas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, richieb said:

Don’t take your SS until your 70, get every damn nickel that you can. 

I was actually looking at this just last week. Using my own numbers (others' may vary, I don't know), I calculated the monthly SS payments and the total accumulated payment for start times at every month between age 62 and 70. I found that no matter when I started to draw, the total accumulated amounts were all equal at around age 77 (give or take a bit). That means if you plan to die before age 77, you're better off starting SS early. But if you plan to live past age 77, you're better off waiting as long as you can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You need to act while you're still at a point in your life where you can enjoy it.  I know that you know this but figured you needed to hear it again.

This is your very nice way of saying I'm getting old? Bless yur heart.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Edgar said:

That means if you plan to die before age 77, you're better off starting SS early. But if you plan to live past age 77, you're better off waiting as long as you can.

Ah... the crux of the biscuit....when am i gonna die?...:)

.."if I ain't dead already your the reason why".....   John Lennon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1