Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

40 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Hey Check it out--I took this picture of the Bad Godesberg Castle from the other side looking up:

No photo description available.

You´ll know the story behind the godesberg tower ?  No ? I tell you .....

The Bonn district of Bad Godesberg owes its name to the castle complex standing on the cone of an extinct volcano. Although the castle is only a ruin, it is still a popular destination for excursions, as the preserved keep is a lookout tower that offers a super panoramic view. In addition, the former castle courtyard has been converted into a modern excursion restaurant.

Godesburg Castle was first mentioned in 722, but at that time it will have consisted of wooden and clay structures protected by palisades. As a stone version, it was finally walled up from 1210 and destroyed again in 1583 by Catholic troops during warlike events in the Reformation period.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

three hours of pounding drinks ad cranking the tunes while thinking about you guys working.  whew. life is tough sometimes.

I enjoy work...

.... I can watch it all day.

I'll even sweat [that's an allergic reaction to work] and get tired for you

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I enjoy work...

.... I can watch it all day.

I'll even sweat [that's an allergic reaction to work] and get tired for you

my friend works so hard and I wanted to help ... so I showed up and offered to take all of his breaks and lunch. I help people ... that's just what I do. 

• Haha 5

On 4/20/2021 at 6:11 AM, grasshopper said:

“Well, Old Zoidberg Timer, that kind of Woop-Woop stuff might fly on Planet Decapodia, but don’t expect to get away with it around here!

Right now, give me twenty Planks, and I want to see you straight out, from your antennae to your tail!  You’ve seen how it’s done, so get to it, right now!  Fifteen seconds per Plank, and count it out!  “I WILL RES-PECT MY PRO-FES-SOR, OR I’LL BE HERE UN-TIL I’M SORE!

GOT THAT?  GO!”

Aside to The Professor:  “That may seem a bit harsh, but these Rock Lobsters have a very strict upbringing, so you have to make sure they know their place in the Planet Express Delivery Corporation, with you as Den Father, or they’ll be Woop-Wooping and inking citizens all over town, instead of doing their jobs.  I’ve seen it too many times.”

• Haha 3

Kite flying weather here all day today. Easy to tell something was coming weather wise. 37 at 11pm we're going to get a freeze in the morning here.

*Might have hit 32 today. Around six I added to the dumpster out by the street and my first exhale was solid smoke.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

Like your Homer mug @Dave1291 and I'll pull that one up on the best sounding thing I've got here now... my Pixel 4XL sounds better than the speakers on the Samsung 50"er.

Still cool here unlike the past month of ~80 daily and lows in the 60s. The dry air is great until the rain comes back so it's alright with me!

Tried another grocery delivery from my BJs Warehouse Club today. They have a fee unlike Amazon but some brands that I like a lot more too. So I loaded up the cart, and got too many texts from the gal doing it. But hey, she got here just an hour later. That's fast in my book, when it's ten miles away through traffic!

Going to make some pseudo Gyros with roast beef for a couple days.

• Like 3

We're having a nice day. A little cool... 75`. Rain? i think you need humidity for that.. We ain't got any.  The wind let up for a minute. Been howling for a couple days. Spring is typically windy... but, this 30mph with gusts is a little excessive. Kept having ringing in my ears... I tied up the wind chimes. One way to cure tinnitus.

Shoring up my listing pole barn, before I go for real repairs.  Kinda like The Leaning Tower of Pisa.. Silly thing would prolly last w/o... but if it doesn't, it would collapse right after I put something of value under it.

• Like 3

Har Har Har Carl :lol:

Y'all don't have them down in TX? First discovered Berkley & Jensen on Merritt Island, FL when I lived down there. Been a member since then `93 or `94. Think they're everywhere on the east coast.

Quit buying my milk there when they put a peanut shaped hole atop the gallon jug. WTH! It splattered everywhere, don't like to clean up so they lost me on that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Har Har Har Carl :lol:

Y'all don't have them down in TX? First discovered Berkley & Jensen on Merritt Island, FL when I lived down there. Been a member since then `93 or `94. Think they're everywhere on the east coast.

Never heard of them.

They're like Costco @CECAA850, just slightly different things available.

Inside today putting my electric tools together, paint and drywall things also. Stuff that belongs together but hasn't been since I moved back here out of consideration for her stuff.

Gulf rain here again, phone app tells me storms coming. Cool and a good day to be inside with some Bob Seeger playing. Darn I miss my stereo though.

• Like 2

alright gentlemen, I sure hope you'll be proud of me ... I cooked dinner -- no fires either. 

I bought an InstantPot.  wrapped two pork tenderloins in bacon and used the pressure cooker function.  weird how much faster things cook in a pressure cooker; but it came out tender and juicy. 

they didn't include a manual with it, so I had to look up on the internet to get a head start.  today was basically a successful experiment.  the internet was it's usually self ... see recipes saying sear both sides for about four minutes, set switch to pressure cooker. one recipe said put on high and cook for one minute.  another said five minutes. two said 10 minutes. one said 20 minutes and another said 30 minutes. 

I set it for 10 minutes at high pressure ... the meat is cooking as it heats up and as the steam slowly releases after the cooking time has expired.  I think next time, I go 10 minutes; but leave it in the pot with the lid still sealed for a couple minutes longer. 

my brother liked it and he's a pretty picky eater. 

So, I guess there's no denying it ... I'm now an IRON CHEF.  Watch out Bobby Flay ... there's a new chef in town. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

alright gentlemen, I sure hope you'll be proud of me ... I cooked dinner -- no fires either. 

I bought an InstantPot.  wrapped two pork tenderloins in bacon and used the pressure cooker function.  weird how much faster things cook in a pressure cooker; but it came out tender and juicy. 

they didn't include a manual with it, so I had to look up on the internet to get a head start.  today was basically a successful experiment.  the internet was it's usually self ... see recipes saying sear both sides for about four minutes, set switch to pressure cooker. one recipe said put on high and cook for one minute.  another said five minutes. two said 10 minutes. one said 20 minutes and another said 30 minutes. 

I set it for 10 minutes at high pressure ... the meat is cooking as it heats up and as the steam slowly releases after the cooking time has expired.  I think next time, I go 10 minutes; but leave it in the pot with the lid still sealed for a couple minutes longer. 

my brother liked it and he's a pretty picky eater. 

So, I guess there's no denying it ... I'm now an IRON CHEF.  Watch out Bobby Flay ... there's a new chef in town. 

Impressive! 

• Like 3