Jump to content

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails


Tarheel

Recommended Posts

On 5/7/2021 at 6:08 PM, CECAA850 said:

Congrats! 

 

Pension?   That word is foreign to me.  Lol.  I have a self funded 401k.  Thats about it.

Indeed, the pension is dying fast...I'm glad it is there for me.

I was hired as a City employee years ago, I was vested after 5 years with the City. The City and the County merged their IT departments and an new entity was formed.

I was able to keep paying into the City pension. This allows me to pull the pension and continue to work for the new entity at full pay.

The new entity requires me to sign up for their 401a plan.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Indeed, the pension is dying fast...I'm glad it is there for me.

I was hired as a City employee years ago, I was vested after 5 years with the City. The City and the County merged their IT departments and an new entity was formed.

I was able to keep paying into the City pension. This allows me to pull the pension and continue to work for the new entity at full pay.

The new entity requires me to sign up for their 401a plan.

Nice.  You're very fortunate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I discovered that the only thing similar to the thick old, stiff as cardboard shrink to fit 501s was selvedge. The 501s do still have some $250 + a pop versions made of selvedge but it is only 15oz. 15oz denim is thin, won't keep me warm when its in the 20s outside. That is as heavy as they make it for a while. BraveStar in California makes various weights but they do not last long compared to the old jeans. Got some of their 22 oz straight leg jeans that were closer to what I was looking for. Their straight leg is too skinny, my butt doesn't fit in there. & I'm not even muscular like I was before. I'm not mal-nourished like that whole generation that won't eat right! You ask? the Food Pyramid then moderation, it's freakin' easy. 

There are hundreds of brands but I didn't want to spend $300 for a pair of jeans from Raleigh or from Japan.

Imogene & Willie has their "Willie" that is a straight leg and it's made to fit your butt and thighs. Good jeans. It's weird had to order what is less than my known waist size, but it works. Mine are less than 15oz but the denim does feel more thick than that.

Been searching the last ten years for a replacement for the only pants I've worn except for work since I was 11 years old.  So NO!! levis does not have better jeans. Carhartt does. Lee does.

levis says wash your jeans by putting them in the freezer:wacko2: 

 

Here's Your Sign!

 

Not one more red cent from me!

 

Duluth Trading works for me.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 8:05 AM, JohnJ said:

I discovered that the only thing similar to the thick old, stiff as cardboard shrink to fit 501s was selvedge. The 501s do still have some $250 + a pop versions made of selvedge but it is only 15oz. 15oz denim is thin, won't keep me warm when its in the 20s outside. That is as heavy as they make it for a while.

BraveStar in California makes various weights but they do not last long compared to the old jeans. Got some of their 22 oz straight leg jeans that were closer to what I was looking for. Their straight leg is too skinny, my butt doesn't fit in there. & I'm not even muscular like I was before. I'm not mal-nourished like that whole generation that won't eat right! You ask? the Food Pyramid then moderation, it's freakin' easy. 

There are hundreds of brands but I didn't want to spend $300 for a pair of jeans from Raleigh or from Japan.

Imogene & Willie has their "Willie" that is a straight leg and it's made to fit your butt and thighs. Good jeans. It's weird had to order what is less than my known waist size, but it works. Mine are less than 15oz but the denim does feel more thick than that.

Been searching the last ten years for a replacement for the only pants I've worn except for work since I was 11 years old.  So NO!! levis does not have better jeans. Carhartt does. Lee does.

levis says wash your jeans by putting them in the freezer:wacko2: 

 

Here's Your Sign!

 

Not one more red cent from me!

 

 

absolutely Carhartt duck pants !  5 colors to choose from ... And they have them in shorts... you can find em for around $35-45....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

Duluth Trading works for me.

Duluth's advertising agency are the best. Their commercials were pure Genius!

 

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

absolutely Carhartt duck pants !  5 colors to choose from ... And they have them in shorts... you can find em for around $35-45....

That duck material seems like strong canvas. Got a pair in a 29" waist that's kind of snug on me that I haven't tossed and haven't fit into them in five years! I like their t's K-87 I think it is got almost twenty. Cotton, plain normal 100% cotton, not infused with literal garbage or anything else except poly with the heather gray. Darn martians.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dude here stepping in to say good morning. Coffee is good, Peets French roast. Though I must say after year with the Bunn I am not excited about it. Mainly the Coffee filter will over flow when loading up for 10 cups. I may be looking for something different here in the next year.

Anyway Chicago playing on the system this morning. Believe it or not, I've got friends and they are in town. They plan on stopping by for cocktails later.

Well got to run and clean up the house. I'll check in, in about year, take care.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That duck material seems like strong canvas.

That stuff just wears and wears unless you snag it and start a hole.  I just about wore out the rear end of a pair of Carhart's sittin watchin other people work.  😂

 

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well got to run and clean up the house. I'll check in, in about year, take care.

He's in and he's out...  Cleaning pffffft.    😂

 

18 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

how are you liking your new CWIV  speakers -

 

John's prolly painting, Tarheel's reading the Swankster a book,  Randy's gotta be postin to his "guitar vault" thread.  Me?  I'm "thinkin" about painting.  Maybe!  :)  Another day in the high 80's here.  Might be too hot to paint and I did get a few new albums...  😂

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

 

 

John's prolly painting, Me?  I'm "thinkin" about painting.  Maybe!  :) .  😂

I would love to see your ARTWORK ,  Guys --I am guessing nature -flowers

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always had an interest in Battleships, since first seeing salvos from the 16" guns in movies.  Here is a short vid  from this guy, who has an interesting job by the way,  on the anchor and chain.  The ship has two, each weighing 15 tons, each link weighing 130 pounds, each chain being 11,000 feet long and weighing in at 90,000 pounds. Wow.

 

   

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I would love to see your ARTWORK ,  Guys --I am guessing nature -flowers

:lol:

Artwork?

If you know how spark plugs look under different engine conditions, (there was a website with pics for me) do you know how a paint brush will behave by looking at it?

 

brush.jpg

 

Let me tell you what your last exterior latex three inch that looks like this will get you.

First it will clump up within the first fifteen minutes making those thin corners in the window moulins hard to hit precisely, then when you start to pull you won't get as far. In my entire life I have not seen the patterns that needs to be scraped off the glass looking like it does this time around. It's always been a thin bead. Now there a fluffy splotches out from the corners.

 

window.jpg

 

Quit fretting over it and I'll just scrape it off in a couple days.

Inside brushes would get messed up kind of like this one. The only thing worse for a brush pulling a straight line effortlessly would be louvered doors or stucco, or the dental molding up next!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeaaa, I knew what you meant Randy, just messin' with you and figuring that brush will be doing the dental molding this week!

 

Backstory is home buyer 1 had a he-woman-man-hater for an appraiser that showed up two hours early when I was on foot a mile away taking care of funeral business ten months after the fact.:sad:   With it's feelings it bad mouthed and misrepresented the home and more. The lender changed the amount available obviously. 

Let me see if I can express my "feelings" since they are the new acceptable or faux-facts.

 

CHA-CHING!🤑

 

Plan B is lined up already.

Need an official cancellation of previous contract delivered then off to the races again. 🤞

 

Meanwhile on second coffee, almost have all the glass cleaned... (no fun) that's two sides of the removed storm windows and two sides of the actual windows. Did it backwards of the proper order, have to scrape next and hopefully get half the storm windows back up before dark!

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone left the windows open last night....outside, that is... According to accuweather, this AM it was 39`, on its way to 85`.  Humidity --- what's that?

I can live with that. I don't think we broke 80` yesterday... I dare say, it felt cold. And the wind has let up. I don't mind a little air moving... but 20mph continuous exceeds "a little". 

 

There was a little fire south of us. It stayed little [1000acres], thanks to the firefighters. They threw a lot of resources at it. The big air tankers and crews from all around.  Saw some at the store yesterday. They were pulling out. Tank truck with a bunch of duffels tied on top. I thanked them.

 

Oh... boy made it to MT safely. He seems to be OK with the snow for now. Bet he changes his tune when it snows in June.... or when he has to shoe a horse in the snow/mud.

I told him to take some warm clothes. Gave him my "down" vest. He's getting some mileage out of it.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@grasshopper I had to change my plans, paint wasn't cured enough for the scrapings to come loose easily. The 90 degrees should finish baking it on good! So I'm on the yard right now, got thirsty and needed an ac break, 80 in here with the ceiling fans is nice enough to make me loiter a little bit;) 

 

Hey guys thanks, but plan B is not bad for me here, it might be for my `Canes though without Jaccob Slavin again. The other teams aren't supposed to be scoring on us like this, they haven't been for months now.

Tighten up Ned!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...