Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

oh...

according to accuweather

it is going to rain in 17 minutes... somewhere

Had to turn off the hourlies for my dark sky app, it did that. The time is almost over for it on android and I did not like the others so I'll roll with something else in a few months.

Hot and sticky invaded after the crowd left this morning, I'll open up every window and turn the fans on for forty minutes or more before I closed up. Humidity was 79% so turned the ac down and now 9 hours later it's cool and dry(<50%) in here.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, grasshopper said:

fell out early last night. Woke feeling good. It's just 5AM and I am wanting to be a bad neighbor...

I feel less at liberty to crank the stereo here over our other place. Even though we were right downtown, we had a lot more space around us..... No neighbors. The store, cemetery, park.....about 10 acres between us and the nearest residence.... and I still fielded questions like "Did you hear music at 6 this AM?"... "No. Couldn't hear it over my stereo"...

well before I got the LaScalas

I used to live with a big cemetery directly behind us, adjoining the property of the apartment building.  Nice quiet neighbours, plus we had the peace of mind of seeing a big fence to keep them on their side.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, babadono said:

Careful...they may have left a remotely detonatable nano particle bomb in there:)

The staff couldn't be nicer.  They are nice to me and nice to each other.  No one is officious or the least bit arrogant.  This place is in sharp contrast to the last hospital I was in.

That said, I wouldn't want to be in here on a football Saturday; I couldn't even pretend to root for the Wolverines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

The staff couldn't be nicer.  They are nice to me and nice to each other.  No one is officious or the least bit arrogant.  This place is in sharp contrast to the last hospital I was in.

That said, I wouldn't want to be in here on a football Saturday; I couldn't even pretend to root for the Wolverines.

Every time I’ve been in hospital, the nurses and the porters (who push you in a bed to your various tests and scans) have always been unfailingly polite and cheerful, which is a big help in what could be a house of sadness.  I wonder how much of this is due to their training and how much is a reflection of the kind of people who want to spend their whole working lives taking care of people?  Either way, it makes the time spent in hospital much more bearable.

• Like 4

Agree with both the above. Last time in a “hospital” was for hip replacement surgery. Hospital is a misnomer as it is the building my surgeon has his practice and does hip replacements on a 12 bed second floor, exclusively for hips. Extremely attentive care, basically any food you would want, other than the pain of recovery I hated to leave the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I thought of you when a nurse looked at my gown and said, "You're not used to wearing a dress, are you?"

Guess they didn't offer sarongs? 

Glad you're feeling better.   Hopefully you'll have positive results from the procedure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Layin around enjoyin all that a/c..  Come on out and play with us!

May be an image of text that says 'For them hot days at work A hot lunch'

Temps are HOT around here!  :)

I think you’d see better reception from fully dressed dogs - mustard, ketchup, relish, onion, than an embarrassed string of naked dogs. Or maybe this guy only has AM and a cassette deck — 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mornin' all

Yesterday's rain chances didn't pan out. The forecasters are still bubbling with optimism. 90% chance today... if it gets warm enough. Ironically, if we have too much humidity/clouds, it won't rain. Our storms operating on thermal lift to stir up the atmosphere. If it is cloudy, thermal lift doesn't happen

• Like 3

Lytton, that town in south-central British Columbia, set a new all-time across Canada high temperature record, for the third day in a row.  Yesterday’s temp was 49C, or 122F.  This is beyond extreme for us.  The police reported that 75 people in southern BC died suddenly yesterday, for heat-related reasons.  Most of them lived alone and were elderly or had respiratory problems of some sort.  The other common factor was that their rooms were at 40C/104F or higher when the police arrived.

Last night, I took a picture of the weather map on the 6 o’clock news, because it was the first time I’d ever seen temperatures above 40C, and several cities were showing mid-40s.  Things are getting as bad as we were warned they could be.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• Moderators
On 6/29/2021 at 11:47 AM, DizRotus said:

Thanks to all for well wishes.  I'm told the procedure went well.  I feel OK. Stuck in bed with input and output tubes until tomorrow.

Just gotback home, glad to hear this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

Just gotback home . . .

I too just got home today from The University of Michigan Hospital and HoLEP surgery yesterday.  I feel great. If you have BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia), an enlarged prostate affecting urinary function, I highly recommend the procedure and the institution.  Thanks to U of M Hospital, this Spartan can now more easily GO YELLOW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Lytton, that town in south-central British Columbia, set a new all-time across Canada high temperature record, for the third day in a row.  Yesterday’s temp was 49C, or 122F.  This is beyond extreme for us.  The police reported that 75 people in southern BC died suddenly yesterday, for heat-related reasons.  Most of them lived alone and were elderly or had respiratory problems of some sort.  The other common factor was that their rooms were at 40C/104F or higher when the police arrived.

How alarming and sad to think of those unable to escape such dangerous heat.

• Sad 1