Jump to content

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails


Tarheel

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I knew someone would notice that, 11 is partly why I am half deaf, ok maby more then half. :o

& the other traditions? It's better if we guess!

 

Now level with me, were you able to get a new Rockwell decal? & I didn't notice that lamp until the finished photos, that is real nice.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
42 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& the other traditions? It's better if we guess!

 

Now level with me, were you able to get a new Rockwell decal? & I didn't notice that lamp until the finished photos, that is real nice.

Traditions like glaucoma prevention medicine, hippie girls (wife says no sharing) and doing only what I feel like, well that's a start. Although I have none I do like tie dye :blush:

 

Never tried to get a new decal, I made it. Well I found the original design online and copied it to a stencil and spray painted it on. 

Can't really see it but under it is written 93 1/2'', the size of the blade, my dad had it in permanant marker but all of that needed to be sanded. it's because I will never remember it later to buy new blades. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh Yea I opened in a new tab and enlarged it so I saw that too. Good job with that logo, and a good other half can keep you in line:emotion-21: 

Band saws can just do what everything else can't do!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

and a good other half can keep you in line:emotion-21:

No problem with that, she has alot of practice. 

 

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Band saws can just do what everything else can't do!

They are very handy, to be honest the band saw scares me more than any of the other tools, it's really easy to make a mistake which can lead to not being able to count to 10 with your hands.  :lol: I watched a butcher one day, I got a new respect for a band saw, it went through bone like nothing. I always set that blade guard as close to what I am cutting so there is little or no space for an accident.

 

3 hours ago, RandyH said:

painted logo , decal looks pretty  good ,  the duplicates  on ebay are  smaller  3,5 inches

 

It's panted, the machine we use can make it any size up to 12" wide, or up to 24" if you want to split the design in two pieces and realing when sticking it on, that is 7" only becuse I thought it would fit better inside the rounded top. It's stencil vinyl that sticks, then just mask off the rest and spray. Peel of the stencil when the paint is 75% dry and your done. I could have made a decal but thought the paint would last longer.

It's the same way we make heat press designs on shirts just a different material used instead of stencil vinyl and a different vinyl, and another type for like you see designs on cars.

 

It's why I have so many different designs on shirts. 

 

When I looked up the Rockwell logo they had 2, one is called red R logo and the other is all black. I liked the black one better because it had a second ring around the outside. 

 

.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

I have made up shirts to play jokes on people. Once we were all sitting around talking about pro speakers and Roy said they are "tools not toys".

 So I made this shirt and wore it next time we were together without telling him anything, it is on the back of the shirt. You should have seen his face when he noticed, plus I do like the shirt.

I have so many I use them as work shirts, I tend to ruin them quickly. 

image.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Traditions like glaucoma prevention medicine, hippie girls (wife says no sharing) and doing only what I feel like, well that's a start. Although I have none I do like tie dye :blush:

:)

May be an image of text that says 'WARNING HIPPIES HAVE BEEN SPOTTED IN THIS AREA PEACE, LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING COULD BREAK OUT AT ANY MOMENT'

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, dtel said:

 

They are very handy, to be honest the band saw scares me more than any of the other tools, it's really easy to make a mistake which can lead to not being able to count to 10 with your hands.  :lol: I watched a butcher one day, I got a new respect for a band saw, it went through bone like nothing. I always set that blade guard as close to what I am cutting so there is little or no space for an accident.

 

 

18 hours ago, dtel said:

I knew someone would notice that, 11 is partly why I am half deaf, ok maby more then half. :o

 

Ever try cutting a big sheet of 1/8” thickness stainless steel?  It makes such a loud and irritating noise that everybody in the shop will yell at you to stop.  “Sorry, guys.  I’m almost done.  Kind of...”

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dtel said:

I have made up shirts to play jokes on people. Once we were all sitting around talking about pro speakers and Roy said they are "tools not toys".

 So I made this shirt and wore it next time we were together without telling him anything, it is on the back of the shirt. You should have seen his face when he noticed, plus I do like the shirt.

I have so many I use them as work shirts, I tend to ruin them quickly. 

image.jpeg

I want one...no kiddin' 'round

How much?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quiet day today here.  Tomorrow the carpet boys show up to lay some hallway hardwood the carpet up the stairs and into the hall.  THEN it's the master mason to lay the chimney and replace a stack that's cracked. This place is a money pit and I'm not EVEN into the landscaping out back.  That's AFTER the house get's sprayed hopefully this year.  Great to have friends ya know that are into that crap.  Where's @babadono when ya need him?

 

@dtel  make mine a 2 or 3x.  We ever get back to Hope again we could have Chief's Army one day!  Hahaha 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking like plan A for me has fizzled. That's not really bad except for some stressed immediate family dynamics.

Plan B will have me 5 miles south of the Blue Ridge Parkway close to VA. Got my fingers crossed; it's 4 acres with a good spring and fast moving creek commencing from it. Evergreens and hardwoods. Got my scout/partner in crime checking it out.

Edited by JohnJ
+ ;
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Avoid using a comma when a semicolon is needed:

Incorrect: The cow is brown, it is also old.
Correct: The cow is brown; it is also old.

I stand; corrected:)

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Islander said:

 

 

Ever try cutting a big sheet of 1/8” thickness stainless steel?  It makes such a loud and irritating noise that everybody in the shop will yell at you to stop.  “Sorry, guys.  I’m almost done.  Kind of...”

No but I could imagine how loud that would be, depending on the size of the sheet I couldn't afford it anyway. :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 hours ago, babadono said:
4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Avoid using a comma when a semicolon is needed:

Incorrect: The cow is brown, it is also old.
Correct: The cow is brown; it is also old.

I stand; corrected:)

It makes little difference; I will probably use it the wrong way, it's how I work. ..see I did it both ways.

 

My wife always tells why do you type and spell like that, it makes you look stupid ?  My answer always is;,;, I don't care.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Islander said:

 

 

Ever try cutting a big sheet of 1/8” thickness stainless steel?  It makes such a loud and irritating noise that everybody in the shop will yell at you to stop.  “Sorry, guys.  I’m almost done.  Kind of...”

 

 

Ever cut 3" aluminum billet with a carbide tipped table saw?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...