Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, geezin' said:

Ah bring it on. He's bored. And always hungry. :D

I should have been more clear.  Crooks are dumb, but the smarter ones have figured out that it’s easier and safer to steal your money by using their computers.  By “attack”, I meant cyber-attack.  The more the crooks and scammers know about you, the easier it is to separate you from your money.  Ransomware is one example.  Ransomware attacks are spreading, and now they’re hitting both companies and individuals.  Two members of my family were hit, one by ransomware and one by a fake-computer-repair scam in the last five years, so I’m speaking from experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Disney??? circa the 1960's or 70s maybe. Since the 90s they are a bad influence for little ones... and gotten worse lately, you have to watch the whole thing once by yourself before letting it through to the impressionable ones.

Well, the last time I was there was in the Eighties (West in 1986, East in 1989), so I don’t know what it’s like today.  The point that I was making was that in spite of our preference to be able to use adult language, since we’re all adults here, the open nature of the forum makes it difficult.

One solution might be to make the C, C, C,& C section become private, not viewable by non-members.  Maybe one or more of the moderators could comment on whether this could or should be done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Islander said:

One solution might be to make the C, C, C,& C section become private, not viewable by non-members.  Maybe one or more of the moderators could comment on whether this could or should be done.

Not gonna happen.  Both times something like that was tried, they were ultimately shut down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BLSamuel said:

Toaster?  What toaster?

So, my old friend Ben has found his way home (apologies for referring to this forum as home; but you know what I mean). 

I hope life is treating you well my friend.  Been much too long since we've talked. 

I'm around every now & then these days ... not a daily poster like in the past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Islander said:

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Not gonna happen.  Both times something like that was tried, they were ultimately shut down.

Islander you forget we are a bunch of Wild and Crazy guys. Moderating yet another offshoot of CCCC is akin to herding cats - can’t be done. Ask Carl - look what being a moderator did to him. Bless his heart — 

• Haha 1

Was warm today, heat index said 103 ha!

Wasn't bad at all until I came inside and the 80 I had the ac set on felt cold. Got dark early and there's been a thunderstorm for an hour or so. I'll finish the grass tomorrow.

Disney? @Islander I was talking about their focus on gender cr*p in their flics lately. I don't believe young-ins should be subjected to that.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I like Ritchie; but that was a nice jab Carl. 

When Carl jabs, I weave. When Carl punches, I bob. It’s so easy and apropos with Carl - get him where you want him and “rope-a-dope”. I follow closely the form of Mohammad Ali - just sayin’ .

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, richieb said:

When Carl jabs, I weave. When Carl punches, I bob. It’s so easy and apropos with Carl - get him where you want him and “rope-a-dope”. I follow closely the form of Mohammad Ali - just sayin’ .

And when you get hit you shake it off and act like it didn't hurt even though your knees buckled.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2