Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Yes, if they eat them 2 lumps.

Tree rats, they eat my wires along the lights out in the bar about 1/3 of the hanging lights on the ceiling don't work, I need to fix or replace them.

I have the power lines and speaker wires in metal tubes, they even chewed halfway through the back of one Heresy. That squirrel living behind the speaker has passed on, he got the Remington plan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I had heard this story but just today they released his name and it was a friend of ours we had not seen in years. I worked with him for many years and he and my wife's sister almost got married years ago. We would fish together and go camping and horseback riding, we had a group that did things together. My wife was reading the news and said oh shxx it was Tim Satterlee that was killed by the alligator, it was a suprise. And to think all the crazy stuff we did together, it was always a party,  it's a wonder we got this far along. And then to be killed by an alligator, I know it's not right but I did have to laugh a little, he would have laughed if were me I guarantee. 

The alligator attacked him and his wife pulled him up on the steps out of the water to go get help and the alligator came back and drug him off, they have not found anything  left, yet. 

https://www.wlox.com/2021/08/31/71-year-old-presumed-dead-after-post-hurricane-gator-attack/

SLIDELL, La. (WVUE) - A 71-year-old man was apparently killed by an alligator in floodwaters following Hurricane Ida, according to the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office.

According to officials, the man and his wife were walking in floodwaters in Avery Estates off Highway 90 in Slidell around midday Monday, Aug. 30.

The victim’s wife says she was inside the home when she heard a commotion and went outside to see a large alligator attacking her husband.

Deputies say she immediately ran to her husband’s aid to stop the attack. Once the attack was over, she reportedly pulled her husband out of the floodwaters and went back inside to get first aid supplies.

When she returned and realized the severity of his injuries, deputies say she immediately got into her pirogue and went to higher ground a mile away to get help.

When she returned, her husband was no longer lying on the steps.

Deputies attempted to locate the man but were unsuccessful.

6133fb559819a.image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

That's wild.  Sorry to hear it was a friend.

------------

Mornin' all

Our rains seem to be subsiding... monsoon starting to wind it up for the year. Critters are trying to move into the house. Wife called the cats in and a baby tarantula came in with them.... and I was noticing that we have a Wolf spider hanging out in the house. It will clear the other critters out... including Elden --lol

• Like 3

Sorry to hear Elden & Christy.  Some day you all will be sittin there laffin about it so there's that  Everyone has their own memories they hold close while were on this planet.  You'll laff some days then others you'll lament.  It's life.  Again, sorry!

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Some day you all will be sittin there laffin about it so there's that 

That was yesterday, I hate to hear about this but knowing him and all the crazy that happened years ago with all of us I did laugh a little, he would have done the same. He was a nice guy, and funny, we all got seperated with jobs, familys, kids and never got to see everyone as time past. 

I guess the good part was he had passed out when on the stairs, maby dead, so he was not awake when it came back and drug him off. That's better than being attacked by an alligator twice and knowing about it twice.

10 minutes ago, RandyH said:

it's time to go hunting for this Alligator  

They have been, no way to know which one it was and they may find something eventually ? It was kind of crazy to walk around in the water in that neighborhood with all the waterfront houses people tend to feed the alligators, so with high  water they could be anywhere. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, grasshopper said:

That's wild.  Sorry to hear it was a friend.

------------

It was wild, we heard the story and then a few days later they released the name and we realized who it was. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

people tend to feed the alligators, so with high  water -

Right , the Alligator sees legs  in the water , that's  food  right there , he's gonna attack  for sure , you're in his hunting zone 

• Like 1