Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

The pollen count was 1550 here today.

Ah, that was Sunday's... the count for Monday was 1590.

This part of the U.S. is reported to be one of, if not, the worst area on the planet for pollen.

• Like 2

Since I don't have a farm with beef, poultry, pork and veggies I started stocking up.

Prices are f'n insane could be remedied but they don't want to do that (po'd smiley here)

Not affording $800 prepper packages, bought a couple cases of canned chili on amaz@# . The one with the chilies and extra j a p s all the sudden would take an extra ten days to get to me. In the E they asked did I want to cancel? Heck yea I did that after finding it for sale at a few $ less. Then I ordered what states 12 cans on the page... in the cart it's 6 cans!!

They just about doubled the price on it to like $8 a can?

pffttt

DDucked it, got it coming from elsewhere, one of Sams stores for $2.16 a can plus nine 1 lb bags of Xochitl tortillas. For less than that original order.

Feels so good! I'll start looking there first!

• Like 3

Looks good, I haven't bought any sandwich bread in almost five years. Eat enough pasta to make up for it though, need to try and make some in my cast iron dutch oven. Love whole wheat without the bird seed!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Since I’m officially working from home now, I decided to use some of my extra time this morning to make a real breakfast.

B65D6B34-4681-4A23-A796-3AE57CEDD38B.thumb.jpeg.7204568da0690550429909e1c02e5534.jpeg

I don’t think I’m going to miss the 45 minute drive to work too much.

this is a typical german breakfast ...

157505891_frhstck.jpg.2208d3e11ad6727a4e2e00c0438f9257.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Ya need more coffee.  That will keep you up... at least to go to the bathroom.

My daughter is now 18 years old, her favorite place is our bathroom , good that we have two bathrooms

bad.gif.562798e88605400906ab6e61a484f116.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Looks good, I haven't bought any sandwich bread in almost five years. Eat enough pasta to make up for it though, need to try and make some in my cast iron 4 1/2 qt pot. Love whole wheat without the bird seed!

I made homemade sourdough for the better part of a decade.

A few years back when my wife returned from a court ordered stay in the hospital she decided that SHE didn’t want to bother with it anymore and threw out my starter.

I should probably get it going again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I can eat pasta every day... my wife, on the other hand, is a rice person. I got my fill of rice while I was in HI.

I used to eat a fair amount of pasta and got up a little north of 150 pounds. When I married again, my Filipina wife had me eating rice, almost every meal. Right now I'm a little under 145.

• Like 3