Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey I only do pasta about once a week, made my hotdog helper last week in mac-n-cheese. Macaroni counts, I've heard some Italians call what I call spaghetti macaroni!

Not the thirties anymore at night, woke up with the sheet kicked down. Never can tell this time of year, I remember snow on the ground for a day or so that fell after Easter a couple times.

"During the Honey Process, coffee is dried with some or all of the mucilage remaining on the parchment encasing the seed. Coffee cherries are picked, sorted, depulped, and then moved to drying patios or beds for various periods of time.

Red Honey Processed is dried for two to three weeks, usually on overcast days or in the shade. If it’s very sunny, the farm workers will cover the drying coffee for longer periods of time to reduce light exposure."

YUM! made a qt this morning 20oz wasn't going to cut it today.

• Like 2

Smells good in here but I did have to open up, folks next door that make noise in the nighttime will freak if they drive up and hear Zac Brown on the breeze with chicken cooking too. 

PXL-20220413-170506083.jpg

Ran out of celery so celery salt had to do, can't cook chicken without that and onion or it will stink the next day.

This funny one was on earlier here:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marvel said:

I used to eat a fair amount of pasta and got up a little north of 150 pounds. When I married again, my Filipina wife had me eating rice, almost every meal. Right now I'm a little under 145.

Is that white rice? Get off that sheet if so, just advice to a friend:)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

n front of Petrona Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur , quit sure because I´ve been there many times .

You are quite right. My wife worked in China for about eight years, teaching English. She was traveling to visit two women she studied with in Japan (from Thailand and Nepal), and traveled down to Singapore to visit an architect nephew working for a large firm. 

That's confusing... The Thai is back in Bangkok, the Nepalese married a man from Japan and are in Laos, working for an NGO helping people who have been wounded from the ordnance we dropped during the Vietnam War.

P7030006.JPG

• Like 4

On 4/12/2022 at 8:58 AM, Marvel said:

Ah, that was Sunday's... the count for Monday was 1590.

This part of the U.S. is reported to be one of, if not, the worst area on the planet for pollen.

Yesterday was 1960...

I hadn't looked at the history until this a.m. Last Wednesday is was just over 2600. Just about everyone in the area is having headaches and a stuffy nose.

• Like 1

our weather is normalized... for a day. Then we make up for the sub-normal temps. Was 30/ish this AM... Shooting for 80.  Low 90's for the rest of the week. ... and dry. Yesterday, at 5PM, our R/H was 4% and a dew point of -17`F. You can feel your sandwich getting stale in while you're eating it.

I opened the doors to let some air in

Got a couple visitors... sorta visitors... a hummingbird and a swallow came in. I say "sorta visitors" because they are nesting on the porch.

Made pizza last night.  Dough from scratch... 2 pizzas. Our 7 year old granddaughter ate half of one... I guess she liked it. She will only down 2 pieces of box/frozen

• Like 2

Not that problem here... zero pizza places... we have one bar, one store, one restaurant, a post office, library and 5 churches.

That's why I'm making my own [not mention, I'm cheap]...

. I use the bread machine to make the dough. I used to use bridgeford [no affiliation] frozen bread dough. It works pretty good. Then just spatter some olive oil, sauce and cheese on it... oh a few herbs/spices... pepper, basil, oregano

• Like 2

4 hours ago, babadono said:

Refined white rice turns almost immediately into sugar as soon as it is in your stomach.

Yep starches can do that, much rather get it that way than in something from a lab! I've only got white and brown now,will get wild next time. I put Better Than Bullion base in it for protein if I don't want it from beans or dairy and I've had enough meat for the week, those pics I put up of lasagna and stuff aren't my everyday diet!

* yep I've got no real pizza here also mines frozen `cause delivery hasn't been good since the 90s.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1