Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Next thing... get an adapter for the card from my camera.  

Don't start something too soon.  You'll just get confused.  Just suck it up and hand it to your wife when she's in a good mood.  Can't over-think things yanno.  Some day you too can be a pace- setter like me!   😂

• Haha 3

Pollen is nothing compared to the munched up leaves I've been breathing and spitting out today. It's a little more than a half acre for these two yards. Back yard here is the "Long Deep" Gandolph spoke about going into those caves! Leaves and vines I'm cutting back there, know there are snakes, got my old leather hikers and new heavy denim yard jeans. Old pair had so many holes... won't go there.

• Like 2

Just now, Dave1291 said:

Ur an animal !😂

Being nigh onto 60 and cool mornings do not go together. Almost put brandy in my coffee with the aspirin today, nope that's for after dinner dessert. It's only up to the mid 60s and beautiful here today!

• Like 1

Weather is in the low 60's and dropping at night.  Think I'll take tomorrow off too!  Gotta get 'em when you can get 'em.

Had to laff HARD today.  Oldest is a bowler and a good friend of the owners who in addition to that have a bar w/pizza for in house or home delivery.  So the bar is huge and actually has a stage for bands.  So I find out a few months ago she's helping them market the place as a smaller venue w/good entertainment whether is rock or whatever.

So we talked about it and I hooked her up.  Tonight she's got some group coming in from somewhere outta state to play.  750 tickets gone in 3 days when she announced the show.  hahaha  The Fire Department said they might be down to count heads so they're gonna play the game.   750 ppl and employees only.  No backdoors, blah, blah.

I've never heard of these guys but Duckburg is their only stop in 3 states so ppl from everywhere are coming in to town.  She's trying to field all the calls and hook ppl up w/lodging etc. hahaha and double HA!  😂  Tomorrow I'll tell her she's more suited to be a cruise director on the "Love Boat."  😂

I sent her a text this morning and she called me at 1 telling me she was sorry but her phone had been blowing up all day.  hahahaha   She is prolly puking right now...  An hour before HER FIRST show...  I'm laffin cause I know it'll go off w/o a hitch but SHE doesn't.  Tomorrow she'll be smiling and bubbly.   My thoughts?  "She's learnin!   😂   

Deep down inside though I know it'll go off perfectly.  The owner is even gonna tell her about 4-5 different times that I was "over there" just to give her something else to do.  hahahaha  Maybe some roses tomorrow for her curtain call.  Maybe..  lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Pollen is nothing compared to the munched up leaves I've been breathing and spitting out today. It's a little more than a half acre for these two yards. Back yard here is the "Long Deep" Gandolph spoke about going into those caves! Leaves and vines I'm cutting back there, know there are snakes, got my old leather hikers and new heavy denim yard jeans. Old pair had so many holes... won't go there.

you get ticks? I'd take snakes over them...

Was listening to Pat Benatar "You Better Run" and wishing Felix Cavaliere's vocals could be inserted instead

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Only once had one get all his hooks in me, when I was a kid. Found them on me since in folds of my clothing.

I HATE spider bites, they swell & hurt for six weeks sometimes. If I see`em they hafta die.

Big ones here in this tropical humidity. Spray the home-defense inside. Malthion (following directions) outside. Repeat my favorite heavy ZRock tune I'll never forget "die ------ die"

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Weather is in the low 60's and dropping at night.  Think I'll take tomorrow off too!  Gotta get 'em when you can get 'em.

Had to laff HARD today.  Oldest is a bowler and a good friend of the owners who in addition to that have a bar w/pizza for in house or home delivery.  So the bar is huge and actually has a stage for bands.  So I find out a few months ago she's helping them market the place as a smaller venue w/good entertainment whether is rock or whatever.

So we talked about it and I hooked her up.  Tonight she's got some group coming in from somewhere outta state to play.  750 tickets gone in 3 days when she announced the show.  hahaha  The Fire Department said they might be down to count heads so they're gonna play the game.   750 ppl and employees only.  No backdoors, blah, blah.

I've never heard of these guys but Duckburg is their only stop in 3 states so ppl from everywhere are coming in to town.  She's trying to field all the calls and hook ppl up w/lodging etc. hahaha and double HA!  😂  Tomorrow I'll tell her she's more suited to be a cruise director on the "Love Boat."  😂

I sent her a text this morning and she called me at 1 telling me she was sorry but her phone had been blowing up all day.  hahahaha   She is prolly puking right now...  An hour before HER FIRST show...  I'm laffin cause I know it'll go off w/o a hitch but SHE doesn't.  Tomorrow she'll be smiling and bubbly.   My thoughts?  "She's learnin!   😂   

Deep down inside though I know it'll go off perfectly.  The owner is even gonna tell her about 4-5 different times that I was "over there" just to give her something else to do.  hahahaha  Maybe some roses tomorrow for her curtain call.  Maybe..  lol

We have a similar series in the german tv called  " Das Traumschiff " = The Dreamship

• Like 2

14 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Was listening to Pat Benatar "You Better Run" and wishing Felix Cavaliere's vocals could be inserted instead

You better run because " Love is a battlefield "

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Only once had one get all his hooks in me, when I was a kid. Found them on me since in folds of my clothing.

I HATE spider bites, they swell & hurt for six weeks sometimes. If I see`em they hafta die.

Don't even try it brother

spider.jpg.f2ac25be4edb2ab423cbf8f6f8bb7837.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well friends , while you all sleep or at least try to, I'm already awake again and enjoying my first latte macciato. The weather is mild , slightly cloudy , the sun warms this spring morning. As every morning, many birds come to our pitches where we put out birdseed to feed. We have been doing this for years and we are sure to help nature around us a little. Let's see what the day brings.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Guten Morgen bud.

Suppose it's approaching lunch-time for you now, on my first mug and it will be an hour before there is a chance for sunshine here. Cool when I took the trash out, and that is much better than 90 F at 6am like in August or September!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Guten Morgen bud.

Suppose it's approaching lunch-time for you now, on my first mug and it will be an hour before there is a chance for sunshine here. Cool when I took the trash out, and that is much better than 90 F at 6am like in August or September!

Guten Tag Bud

It is now 3:42 pm in Germany, the sky is cloudy again, 57 Fahrenheit but not raining. Been busy all day cleaning up, washing and rearranging my stereo a bit. That was all so "messed up" that I always had to bend over to put on a record. Now it is better. My daughter just came home, she is currently writing her high school final exams, today in German, the day before yesterday in English. She thinks it went well for her today too. So far so good.   

• Like 2

Haha, bending over is way overrated and does take too much energy. I'm glad you've remedied  that annoyance.  👍 Though for me, getting up from the couch is an unacceptable bother,  so you'll find me lazily streaming my life away on Tidal perhaps. 😀 Still enjoying my first cup of Joe here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2