Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

23 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Haha, bending over is way overrated and does take too much energy. I'm glad you've remedied  that annoyance.  👍 Though for me, getting up from the couch is an unacceptable bother,  so you'll find me lazily streaming my life away on Tidal perhaps. 😀 Still enjoying my first cup of Joe here.  

Enjoy your coffee . You can also keep moving on the couch

236974734_couching2.gif.0071a075fa3ce6c096e37df70f17f7cf.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is that guy digging for quarters?  He appears to be wearing long pants, shoes and are those socks, yes?  Not often seen in these parts.  😀

10 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Enjoy your coffee . You can also keep moving with the couch

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I'm marginally more modest than that. I'd be wearing a robe or sarong  Coffee, remote/s and computer w/i reach. I do need to get up to change music or volume.

There is nothing wrong with moving around to insert a cd or adjust the volume on the amplifier. Hopefully you've wrapped your sarong properly, otherwise you'll get out of breath on the way to your set up.

anigifsarong.gif.9adc328b258dbfe6a113208bb8aaf700.gif

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Got the coffee down. Twice today.

Made a second pot with my SW omelet lunch, no pics it's long gone. No bells but I've got a half a case of ripe j a p s!

PXL-20220430-211501128.jpg

The best before date of the eggs has expired

eier.gif.e4b9b67058b10e5d262811a98541fb1e.gif

• Haha 3

I know, by two days.  The fridge is good, no teens going in and out of it all the time like at your place! And they are still tasty, had onion in it also forgot to put that with the other stuff for the picture.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnJ said:

no teens going in and out of it all the time like at your place!

I can tell you ....the two are like raptors, eat all day, I already had to replace the door suspension of the fridge and the fridge is only 5 years old  

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I know, by two days.

I've had things get by me and turn into science experiments....

I found an egg that had all but desiccated.. and some asparagus that went the other direction...the cut end was half rotted and fresh fern growth happening at the "leaf end"...

April is done... wife is counting the days until school lets out. She's about exhausted. She's talking about going to IL for a couple weeks. About the same reason as I go to IN... family. Not the tourism hotspots of the nation.

Waiting for fresh coffee. Had two cups of leftover. I'm awake enough to make coffee and remember all of the steps. You know... water, coffee, turn it on and most importantly, PUT THE POT IN THE MACHINE. It was a good thing our sink has drainer on both ends,The machine is on one. All the mess went into the sink. The lack of coffee compounded things. Had to clean things up before I could make more. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

April is done... wife is counting the days until school lets out. She's about exhausted. She's talking about going to IL for a couple weeks.

I don´t know if I mentioned that my wife is a teacher as well in maths, chemistry, physics and english . Our eastern vacations were finshed a week ago. I really understand what you´re talking about @grasshopper . I don´t wanna be a teacher at all.  It is not only the mediation of teaching content, no it is also the social responsibility towards the students, who see in it also a " parents substitute ", because there are also at universities, meanwhile very many social grievances in the families.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure that the good teachers now have a real hard time doing their jobs. It would take a strong will to impart that knowledge in one of the oldest and most (meant to be) noble professions.

Not had a fridge full enough to find old stuff in it for a long time. back in the days of having roommates and putting marks on things with a grease pencil think I found fuzzy green penicillin on stuff before! Two eggs left and they're nowhere near going bad yet, payday this week so I'll see if I can find them for under $2 a doz again. With the news out, I doubt it!

* Fussen is picturesque!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I'm sure that the good teachers now have a real hard time doing their jobs. It would take a strong will to impart that knowledge in one of the oldest and most (meant to be) noble professions.

Not had a fridge full enough to find old stuff in it for a long time. back in the days of having roommates and putting marks on things with a grease pencil think I found fuzzy green penicillin on stuff before! Two eggs left and they're nowhere near going bad yet, payday this week so I'll see if I can find them for under $2 a doz again. With the news out, I doubt it!

* Fussen is picturesque!

A dozen eggs for under $2 ? Don´t get in Germany , about 3 € = $3.15, but only the industrial production. Organic eggs a dozen are just 6 € = 6.30 $

• Like 1