Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Organic eggs.

Complete oxymoron.

But then, the morons are running things, started here in dc, now everywhere!

I comprehend the no chemicals in the environment around the production of said eggs, or whatever product. But the carcinogenic stuff should have been kept away from food sources forever!

fda = govnmt = LIES...

But yea the "organic eggs" cost four times as much even in the boon docks here. Had the local brands I knew at home, here I might have found one that I can trust with dairy. Haven't gotten sick from it yet!

* doing chores waiting on the mail-lady with my sub cables!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Had to clean things up before I could make more

Been there, done that.  Got the t-shirt AND the coveted bumper sticker!  Hate it when it happens cause then you KNOW your not as smart as you think you are!  :)

Teaching kids today???  I actually retired early and was asked by the Board president if I would consider coming to teach at the high school here.  Said I'd be a fantastic sub and busy every day.  I told him I'm not fantastic then he said I could relate well.  THEN I laffed.  He even said I could have a class every day if I wanted it.  THEN I laffed harder and took the bait.  Said they needed someone who could relate to a bunch of kids who didn't want to go to school.  Told him THAT was tempting!  :)  Can you imagine me going to graduation and watching 20 "mini-me's" graduating from high school???   😂   😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

But yea the "organic eggs" cost four times as much even in the boon docks here. Had the local brands I knew at home, here I might have found one that I can trust with dairy. Haven't gotten sick from it yet!

These didn't come from a store...

(The carton was recycled)

20220429_061901~3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had fresh brown eggs only once in my life (several times that year or so). A friend of my X up in Lake Apopka, FL had some Rhode Island Reds, the male wouldn't let us out of my silverado a couple times! Mean little bird!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Check the youtube thread!

Yes Willie she is a nice black gal with a beautiful smile, couldn't help but tell her that one day:rolleyes:

no harm in that. You might have made her day. An unexpected kindness can change one's whole day.

one reason I don't go to the supermarket... it turn into a social event and that lady wearing the white pants. I couldn't tell you anything about her face... I only saw.... um... remember  her [from] behind. I almost felt guilty for watching her so intently..We were crossing paths every aisle. Then we were headed out the door at the same time.... I let her out ahead of me

... and she went down the aisle my car was parked in... I went a different direction..... and didn't go shopping foe several months. Honest. I was about to ask her if she took in strays

• Haha 4

Busy weekend.

walked around at the blacksmithing festival yesterday.

BB106C20-CD53-4DBA-A337-C6603A92798F.thumb.jpeg.2f7c62a020336277e4a48f99d31443fb.jpeg

Picked up some copper bracelets for me and the kiddos.A8187FFF-2B91-40BD-AC77-F2847BC72D5B.thumb.jpeg.c3dfb6aa0defdddd9e697ecc6c8a2959.jpeg

Today buddies new grandson was getting baptized. 
They invited us over for an afternoon get together after mass.

Lots of kids playing everywhere while we ate some good smoked pork, rice, and beans, courtesy of my buddies son.

5 of these munchkins are mine.

2900801C-B4E4-4FC3-8612-B2511EE67B95.jpeg.a5221c689e8968682381dc5d04769051.jpeg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Busy weekend.

walked around at the blacksmithing festival yesterday.

BB106C20-CD53-4DBA-A337-C6603A92798F.thumb.jpeg.2f7c62a020336277e4a48f99d31443fb.jpeg

Picked up some copper bracelets for me and the kiddos.A8187FFF-2B91-40BD-AC77-F2847BC72D5B.thumb.jpeg.c3dfb6aa0defdddd9e697ecc6c8a2959.jpeg

Today buddies new grandson was getting baptized. 
They invited us over for an afternoon get together after mass.

Lots of kids playing everywhere while we ate some good smoked pork, rice, and beans, courtesy of my buddies son.

5 of these munchkins are mine.

2900801C-B4E4-4FC3-8612-B2511EE67B95.jpeg.a5221c689e8968682381dc5d04769051.jpeg

Congrats.  They are already sipping on them red cups eh? 

• Haha 3

On 4/21/2022 at 11:35 PM, Islander said:

Yesterday, I heard on the radio about the Ukrainian tradition of the summer kitchen.  Most of the older rural houses would have one.  It was a small building beside or attached to the main house, so that in the hot summer weather the meals could be cooked without making the house too hot.

The woman describing it talked about her fond memories as a little girl of spending time in the summer kitchen with her granny.  It was a simpler time, right?

If a small addition (summer kitchen) could be screened in that makes perfect sense. A cooktop or an oven creates a huge amount of heat in the summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PatP said:

If a small addition (summer kitchen) could be screened in that makes perfect sense. A cooktop or an oven creates a huge amount of heat in the summer. 

unless you have a woodstove like mine. Came with a warning that it may get hot during use.  If it doesn't, hey folks, we have a wood fired refrigerator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Early afternoon here , warm, sunny , a little bit claudy but it doesn´t matter so far.

Garten.jpg.324b607884e99e3d9735bca94e98d27f.jpg

It's getting to be time to get the pool ready for my teens, it's going to be a lot of work again. Draining 38,000 liters, cleaning the inside walls and the pool floor, connecting the pumps, refilling the pool. This always takes 3 days, but then we can use the pool until the end of September.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, grasshopper said:

the only reason you are waiting for the cables IS that the mail-lady has to stop at your house...

I know how you are. You order stuff so she will stop by.

Who?  The femailman?  (from The Simpsons, of course)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

We had to sandblast them to get rid of the black algae

do you  sandblast  in patches  , then repaint  the entire pool  or just repaint the  sandblasted areas

• Like 1