Jump to content

Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails


Tarheel

Recommended Posts

That's a little bird in your hand, I tried to download a picture of a mouse... like mickey and minnie mouse and I could only download a .th file that was absolutely nothing. duckduckgo is not giving me .png or .jpegs now

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's a little bird in your hand, I tried to download a picture of a mouse... like mickey and minnie mouse and I could only download a .th file that was absolutely nothing. duckduckgo is not giving me .png or .jpegs now

duckduck.jpg.844006dccc56fe54670f8d8ba51716a6.jpg

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

These are typical bavarian specials, but germany consists of 16 federal countries and has a lot more to offer and discover

We are headed to Rottach-Egern/Tegernsee soon, very much looking forward to the weather and the food.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

We are headed to Rottach-Egern/Tegernsee soon, very much looking forward to the weather and the food.

Beautiful place to visit , enjoy your journey to Germany , you won´t regret , when you´re back show me where you´ve been

 

rottach.jpg.10a346ba98144eb61f7654852c1fb692.jpg

 

Rottach is located on the alpine road. The German Alpine Road is a vacation road that runs almost exclusively through the Bavarian Alps in Germany. It is the southernmost part in Germany and borders Austria

 

1034951290_deutschealpenstrasse.jpg.d212426bdd3201d2353f7058ebd3cf99.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Schu said:

GIV is awesome

I'd be totally lost!  Flying into Phoenix last fall was enough.  I landed and started to walk outta there and there was NO one around and the one's that were around were practically running towards me.  Then my phone blows up and it's the youngest daughter, "Dad, what's going on?  The airport is locked down and I'm sitting out here and no one can get in.  WHAT did you do now???  hahaha  10 minutes later she got in and picked me up.  Some box spinning on a turntable that hadn't been picked up.  Thought it was a bomb.  Heck I just got there and they locked down an airport?    😂

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I'd be totally lost!  Flying into Phoenix last fall was enough.  I landed and started to walk outta there and there was NO one around and the one's that were around were practically running towards me.  Then my phone blows up and it's the youngest daughter, "Dad, what's going on?  The airport is locked down and I'm sitting out here and no one can get in.  WHAT did you do now???  hahaha  10 minutes later she got in and picked me up.  Some box spinning on a turntable that hadn't been picked up.  Thought it was a bomb.  Heck I just got there and they locked down an airport?    😂

 

all that I can say is ...S**T happens sometime to everyone

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

it gives us some good stories...

Good Mornin'

temps are getting more normal... the average is creeping up. Not bad...90/ish. I discovered that we do have to wrap our soda crackers.... to stop them from drying out to the point of turning to powder. It's right around 50` ... doors and windows are open. 

 

something stereo related.

I'm a little concerned about the heat of this Yamaha. At volume, it gets pretty warm. Got me thinking about a fan for it. I'm open to suggestions. Model number is CR840... I think... pretty sure

 

when my last computer crashed, I lost my password to email and contacts... I'm putting FB to the test. I'm trying to connect with a friend in Cooroy QLD thru them. He's not on fb...I bet I can. He lives in a small town.... been there for 40 years+

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My 90s Yamaha amp I'd give three inches on top and twice that much behind when I was in the heat of central FL. I always cranked it up then when I was in my 20s to late 30s.       

Today?..... downtown CLT to see the gut Dr. Left at 5:30 spent an hour stopped on 85 now I'm an hour early. In here with that darned aggravating respirator on The silicone sticks to my face it makes good contact. If we had left even ten minutes later I'd have been late, and doctors don't wait on you!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The receiver has good room. It gets almost hot to the touch on top.

 

The travel phenomena is something I have noticed, too. If you give yourself just enough time, something will cause you to be late. Give yourself plenty of time, there won't be any traffic, all the lights will be green, there will be a parking space right in front of the office.... and you have to wait for an hour....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

The receiver has good room. It gets almost hot to the touch on top.

 

You have to consider that´s a vintage Yummi, even it´s a beautiful looking Receiver ( like it a lot ) he has thousands of operationg hours on the clock , maybe a supervision from an experienced audio guy well make sense. Shouldn´t become so hot on top , don´t think that you crank it up the whole day through

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well ....85 F here , was busy the whole day and beeing glad to be home again. Our Part Time Pet is in good development and it´s a real funny bird, driving my minds crazy sometimes as is jumping arround and will be feeded , always hungry that little bird.....It only stops beeping when it is no longer hungry, then think, now is good and two minutes later it starts again with the shrieking, I think it is a girl. 😂

 

pipsi1.thumb.jpg.07e84c7eeed2afce363c897858fc7cfa.jpg

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow I´ll get my new laptop. It was time for a new one after 3 years, technology progress is so fast . I ordered a brand new Model from LG " The gram " ultralight , 2,86 ibs only, 17 " 2K resolution screen, Intel Quad Core I7 , Win 11, 32 GiG Ram, 2 terrabite ssd, etc etc. Will keep me busy two days for data and programm transfer from my HP Probook. 

 

lgram2.jpg.9e9ea3c51af71d9ac7b63194f3d7d8d9.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been 30 years since "Top Gun" was released and May27th "Top Gun - Mavverick" is set for it's release..  The Ohio State band performed their famous "movivng formation" half-time show to the upcoming movie.  Tom Cruise was impressed and rewarded the entire band fofr the hard work.  

 

Check it out it's alllll here.  Or don't.  Very cool for the best damn band in the land aka TBDBITL!

 

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2022/05/tom-cruise-follows-through-on-promise-to-ohio-state-university-marching-band.html?fbclid=IwAR3Eosf-dLTqSvMdZt0DHWmTCyzbu_7yJAQlYh4WpYvWroHpJDF_FIgopEU

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, sometimes things work out. It was a fender bender to the onramp for the Loop.

Parking deck was full to the third... the third has a overhead walkway into the building! & I managed to get to see the doc and be out of there before my appointment was supposed to happen. Nice.

 

Ride back not so nice it was >4 hrs. Southbound shut down, thousands of cars rerouted to secondary roads. Stopped and got rid of the coffee, got loaded up on a teenager's lunch. Hot fries, sunflower seeds, green tea and a slice of store bought poundcake. Detour took us two exits down the road. Bad wreck again here, at Cowpens this time.

 

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/05/18/scdot-vehicle-fire-shuts-down-i-85-near-exit-83-spartanburg-county/

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

It's been 30 years since "Top Gun" was released and May27th "Top Gun - Mavverick" is set for it's release..  The Ohio State band performed their famous "movivng formation" half-time show to the upcoming movie.  Tom Cruise was impressed and rewarded the entire band fofr the hard work.  

 

Check it out it's alllll here.  Or don't.  Very cool for the best damn band in the land aka TBDBITL!

 

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2022/05/tom-cruise-follows-through-on-promise-to-ohio-state-university-marching-band.html?fbclid=IwAR3Eosf-dLTqSvMdZt0DHWmTCyzbu_7yJAQlYh4WpYvWroHpJDF_FIgopEU

Tom Cruise ? smilie_gr_168.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...