Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

it was Marvel’s birthday yesterday so we had some cake at the house and then went downtown to get some ice ream for the kids.

IF that's the menu board I'm seeing on the walls they have allll kinds of stuff in there.  Always great hooking up w/friends and families.  I'm sure the ice cream sealed the deal!  Happy Birthday Marvel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@grasshopperLike 190 your way today or sumpin?  Just eyeballed the Phoenix temps and man it's gonna be hot.  A different kind of oven but that's insane!  New pool water might be in order or add ice.  lol

Chewin my coffee today getting ready to mow, which should be fun.  85 today and goin up the rest of the week.  May as well get on it.  No tires to kick in here and I've already stirred the pot with the Hendrix release.  😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had a hot one (don't laugh @grasshopper) 97 with heat warnings on my phone said the index was 105.

Yep it's June again, I've got to find a cap or else I can't go back out except vampire hours. Sun on my scalp the other day gave me a two aspirin headache!

• Like 2

cooler today. Only 100` Breezy and some clouds.... it's smoke, tho. Fires south and NW of us. Been listening to the air tankers all day. 

Wife is on her way to IL. Her sister gave her a ride to Tucson. SIL has been out here at least a half dozen times... and she still can't find it w/o getting lost. She outdid herself this time. SIL lives in Tucson and she got lost getting from the north side of town to the south. She ended up 20 miles east of town before she noticed something was wrong. Directions are easy, I-10 to I-19 south... she missed that part....We're still laughing [at her] about that. She dinna think it was that funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey man, sure she doesn't. I did having finished a sour just now...

461 Ocean Blvd is almost over. Just turned the ac down to 80. It ran twice an hour on 82 this afternoon when I was in here... that's enough. But it's a hundred year old place, and wifi does not escape but the heat and cold leak in a little.

• Like 2

I have a little A/C in the doghouse...thermostat is set at 87`

and that feels comfortable

Do you have EC's Pilgrim? I snagged it on CD for $2 at the WhiteElephant. I got OceanBlvd same time. Someone unloaded a cd collection of things I like...I bought 15 or 20. Don't remember all I got...

• Like 2

Don't have too much now at all but I did get youtube premium and some other stuff with my new (worst ever) Pixel6Pro last fall.

My old phone was messed up so bad I had to do it, and youtube no ads couldn't fit the bill better this year!

Nice snag at that price and after this ARS is over... Long Tall Sally is next up.. I'll try Pilgrim!

• Like 2

Yup, back on night shift.  That coffee wired me out and I just sat in here looking stupid all day with the fan going. 

40 years ago when this house was built the guy didn't put a/c in it.  Some HVAC dude gave me a price of a new system.  Perfect!  $16k.   😂

Picked up a FridgedAir 8k BTU a/c for my bedroom window.  Yup, auction @ a 5 year old high dollar house.  $110.  Why would they buy an a/c unit for a small room when they had whole house?  Beyond me and it works great.  Took a two hour nap so here I am!

Nasty front went thru bout an hour ago so temps dropped.  Crazy wind and heavy rain.  I'll survive.  Did get the yard mowed in the nick of time!   :)  Turning the temp way up tomorrow I guess.  Can't wait.  Maybe I'll get a pool for a laff.  :)

• Like 1

@grasshopper  ^^^^^^^^ he might be on to something ahhhhgain!   😂

Heck of a storm went thru last nite.  No hail that I saw but it sure was windy with lots of rain.  Glad I got the yard mowed before it.  Coffee's on for whatever that's worth.  Now the sun popped out and the temp is supposed to go thru the roof.  Can't wait!    :)

• Like 2

We've had some pretty good thunder the last hour or two, didn't rain here but it did there. Today's going to be more hot, with Lake Hartwell so close sure more thunderstorms too. In my early summer cycle of 78 at night, bumped to 80 at 9, then we'll see if it's up to 82 or whatever in the afternoon and a two stage drop after it cools in the pm. Usually by mid July I'm into 80 - 82 and that's not bad with a ceiling fan. Makes sense to me and I'll see it in the bill either way.

@grasshopper Pilgrim is different, still EC though. The bass/percussion together throughout reminded me of a floor standing bass used in country. `98 huh? That was the first time I've listened to it & will check his other later than the 70s stuff out soon.

• Like 2

EC is even better when Raymond Cooper adds his touch on the percussion.  That guy is funny as crap but is ALWAYS VERY professional in every way.  ALL business.   He's legendary with me and has worked with the best of the best.  Durn human metronome for sure.  NEVER misses!   Toured w/EC a lot, Elton John forever, Stones, name em he's worked with em all at some point.  I enjoy watching him as much as I do the artists.  He's got a HUGE bag of tricks he works out of.  lol

• Like 2