Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Happy Monday all. Hope the weekend was good to you. We finished up the day with mesquite grilled ribeyes (her favorite) and the Jude Law movie 'Black Sea." Fine movie.

Carl, thanks to you and the other mods for keeping this a fairly peaceful and civil place. Obviously not an easy task at times. It is appreciated.

Cheers guys! Later.

• Like 5

My oldest son was given his bachelors Finance degree on Saturday. It was bittersweet because his grandfather, who was a career educator and also a graduate from Marshall University passed away two months ago. We are all very proud of him. He is the president of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity, graduated in 4 years with 1 major and 2 minors, and is staying for another semester to finish 2 more baccalaureate degrees. My first son up to bat has put me in his dust. His grandfather would be very very proud, as I am!

• Like 8

Cooked for my wife last evening.  Thai styled beef with green peppers and tomatoes.  About 6 diced Thai chilis and a Serrano.  She loved it.  Rice sat too long and was a little chrunchy...but with the gravy it was still pretty good.

We have Peet's dark roast at work, and done with it for the day. 

Monday...my video staff is at HQ in Tulsa doing a taping of our CEO and it's pretty quiet here. 

And I am also pleased to see peace and civility restored here.  The only "moderating" I really want to do is blowing away swamis and other spammers.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 6

Morning gang

I found the wife was correct yesterday stating the coffee was a tad on the strong side, at 3Am im watching "SeaHunt" :emotion-41:

Order is in at my local "Depot" so off to spend the farmers money i am, drop the goodies off and head to another farm for a day of flying.

New Subpanel goes in the barn, i do not know Wed,Thur,?

Mondays are play days.

You Working mates, get to work, i might be applying for SS later this year and would like the "Pot" fattened up.

Wife has two years before she is up for SS.

I see the wife is online looking for the next house in Nevada, Cool :emotion-21:

• Like 5

My oldest son was given his bachelors Finance degree on Saturday. It was bittersweet because his grandfather, who was a career educator and also a graduate from Marshall University passed away two months ago. We are all very proud of him. He is the president of the Alpha Sigma Phi fraternity, graduated in 4 years with 1 major and 2 minors, and is staying for another semester to finish 2 more baccalaureate degrees. My first son up to bat has put me in his dust. His grandfather would be very very proud, as I am!

Chest puff rightly deserved.  Congrats!

• Like 4

Congrats on the kittens! Didn't know you were a Vegan.

Sorry, not a vegan presently. Have been but years ago. It was early/late and I was tired, and had a drink. I know,excuses... :)

Thinking some vegans own cats...?

• Like 5

Wondering how they justified carnivore ownership?

Congrats on the kittens! Didn't know you were a Vegan.

Sorry, not a vegan presently. Have been but years ago. It was early/late and I was tired, and had a drink. I know,excuses... :)

Thinking some vegans own cats...?

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Missed alot here lately, been kind of busy, with the youngest daughter and family drove down here Friday from North Louisiana and left last night, so been a little busy. 

This is not unusual, but what made it unusual was my son-in-laws parents are visiting them for a few weeks from half way around the world. So of course they came to visit also, They speak NO English so this made it a little strange at first, the son in law had to translate everything. 

They are very nice people and we had a really good time showing them around, this is there first time to the US, and it was a real culture shock to say the least, they are from Saudi. :o  :lol:

So Saturday we went to the Zoo with all the kids which was there idea, next the good part, that night we took them to the French Quarter, this was quite the shock for them but in a good way. We walked down Bourbon street, listened to some music and ended up at café du monde for coffee and beignets. it lasted longer than that really, when we got home the sun was rising.

Yesterday we just hung out here after getting up late, I smoked a meatloaf and some chicken, and we just hung out.  I was a little worried how it would go but it was really good and we all had a good time. It was quite the experience, my son in law was in a car accident and had surgery so he is in a wheelchair, one of the reasons his parents are here to see him. But can you imagine pushing a wheelchair around the quarter, it was not easy so I just used the street, it's smoother than the sidewalks.

It was fun

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

At my son's baseball game and it's 50 degrees, and windy. Yes coffee is in order. Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. Hope everyone had a good mothers day. We celebrated my son's bday yesterday along side of mothers day. I smoked a ham, pork shoulder, and beans. I used my ugly drum smoker for the first time. Let's just I don't plan on going back to any other smoker. These things work great. Well cheers to you all and have a good one.

• Like 7