Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

You have me missing my boat again Mark... :(   It was a mini-cig type boat with a Chevy 350.  Had it 18 years, and should have kept it. :(  I asked the guy we sold it to if he would will it to me.  I hope you get that bad azz black beauty someday.  Double trouble and yikes on the gas consumption!

100_1052_zps00878eae.jpg

fullcrapper_zpskjh3h7im.jpg

• Like 7

Bike riding, house washing, gun shopping, parties......that's about it.

C'mon Tar, let's not make this thread about guns!  ;)

Happy Friday!  Enjoy the weekend and that there is now less than one week before the Star Wars movie will be released.  I know - you're all as excited as I am.  Now there's even a thread for it, but just bask in the excitement, let the spirit of the reason for the movie season just take over...

Anyway - Everyone have a great one!

• Like 4

Nice Friday evening to you all......interesting subjects videos and photos everyone!   

I am here in Music Hall, taking in a BluRay audio (24/96) recording of Aaron Copland and just relaxing after a FOUR day pipe organ tuning,  worker bee style of course, and now, time to sit and take in some tunes and a fine CA. vino given to me by my neighbors across the street...

I have a little story to share with you...    About 5 years ago, these neighbors whom BTW are retired eye surgeons - yeah, matching S-500's in the garage etc...

They know that I am into audio and home theater and asked if I would set them up with a full 7.1 system and new TV etc.  

So, I set the up with a low profile audio rack from Salamander..  A 55" flat screen, all Infinity speaker system and DFA subwoofer, Wood Technologies speaker stands etc.    Well, that was all bought by them, setup and tuned by me...   

In the end, it was OVERKILL for them and earlier this year, they wanted to get rid of all the surrounds, tower speakers and stands for something less intrusive in there 'Art Room' which is 20x14' ...    I was a bit surprised by this, but figured a sound bar and matching sub would be good for them.   I picked out a Klipsch and was about to present my suggestion to them when..........................

I went over to visit this week and saw that ALL the speakers were GONE!   In place, was a SONOS sound bar!    Well, they had set out on their own I guess and that was fine with me..

Moments later.......Bob's wife said they wanted to give me something!!     Turns out, all the speakers INCLUDING the very nice ONKYO 7.2 receiver and Definitive subwoofer were loaded into my SUV for the taking!!!

So, HUGE score / Christmas gift !

Photos coming up in the next post.   

I'm a lucky guy for sure :D

• Like 5

....as promised, here are all the matching Infinity speakers with their grills installed... Two towers, four surrounds, center channel and a high end Definitive Audio subwoofer of highest quality... image_145.jpeg

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 4

• Moderators
retired eye surgeons

If they were ear doctors they would have know to not switch to a soundbar. :D 

But really for just a little light background music they will probably be happy.

Cool setup for an extra room, or something ? Good for you, Merry Christmas

• Like 5

.....here is the right channel setup.... The sound is very good, but somewhat smaller scaled as compared to the Khorns, and the preamp volume is set MUCH higher then I would ever listen normally through the Horns... But, enjoyable and fun to change things up a bit (0;

All for the moment.....enjoy your evening everyone..........I'm back over in RTM

.....Garyimage_147.jpeg

• Like 6

Hey Gary...i’m sure that being a great neighbor had more to do with it than luck.

Wish my neighbors were eye surgeons...been seeing flashes of light in my peripheral vision.  went to eye doctor and got checked out...no holes or tears in the retina...vision is still fine...just these flashes of light and floaters and they’re annoying. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Hey Gary...i’m sure that being a great neighbor had more to do with it than luck.

Wish my neighbors were eye surgeons...been seeing flashes of light in my peripheral vision.  went to eye doctor and got checked out...no holes or tears in the retina...vision is still fine...just these flashes of light and floaters and they’re annoying. 

True, it was more than just good neighbors, and apparently it's how they feel.

BSM glad your eyes were Ok, well the major parts anyway. 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Never in my life would I have thought I'd be thinking about dropping 300-400 bones on some little short RCA wires and speaker cables. These tubes have me in a tizzy :wacko:

Sounds crazy to me, hope it works out to be what your looking for. It's about time someone talked about cables in this thread but it's still alot (to me ) for what you describe. 

• Like 4

Sounds crazy to me

LOL - yeah me too !!!

10'/10G with gold banana ~ $80

3 premium RCA interconnects ~ $80 ea.

Am afraid if I don't do it now, I never will.  I am so meticulous when it comes to routing and wiring, only want to do it once. 

Kinda of checking to see if I might be out of my mind?  The thread title does say "cables" :D

• Like 3

BSM glad your eyes were Ok, well the major parts anyway

Thanks; but, since the appointment I’ve seen a whole bunch of stuff that i’m not really interested in.  Oh well, i did enjoy this episode of The Andy Griffith Show that i watched today. It was good to see that; but, i could only play the guitar for a few minutes because, while i can play without looking, i like to look at the fretboard when I’m making up new stuff...whenever i did, there was that flashbulb going off...so i put the guitar away.  asked the doctor if it was going to be this way forever and she said no. 

• Like 3

Sounds crazy to me

LOL - yeah me too !!!

Am afraid if I don't do it now, I never will.  I am so meticulous when it comes to routing and wiring, only want to do it once. 

Kinda of checking to see if I might be out of my mind?  The thread title does say "cables" :D

do you want the advice after we’ve had the coffee or the cocktails?

• Like 4

Sounds crazy to me

LOL - yeah me too !!!

Is that $80 per foot on the RCA's or the entire one meter cable? If $80/meter you ain't scratched the surface yet.

Just wait --- cables can be a very slippery slope.

• Like 5