Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Carl,

That's really nice. A lot of the bathrooms and showers in the Philippines are just one large room. Depending on how well they are done, everything gets wet or it works...

I don't usually take pics of bathrooms/shows, but this one at a small resort in Dauin, Negros Oriental, PH, was built right.

The rug in front of the sink didn't even get wet, the water hit the floor and went down the drain. The floor didn't feel like there was any slope at all.

post-5045-0-10360000-1450025567_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-05560000-1450026728_thumb.jp

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 2

They put the plumbing in after they poured the floor?

When they plumbed the house they ran the water lines underground and up through the slab.  The problem I ran into was that they missed the walls when they stubbed it up through the slab.  There originally was a tub there so they just bent the lines into the wall on top of the slab.  That wouldn't work with a shower so I had to bust the slab and move the pipes behind the wall.  This is after I exposed the piping before the repair.  You can see that it's outside the wall.

post-13087-0-89480000-1450027471_thumb.j

• Like 2

I was kidding.

In Birmingham, MIchigan you technically do need permits for many repairs, decks, etc.. but that requirement is largely ignored, by homeowners and the city.  When I added a small deck years ago a guy who rides around in a white van with "City of Birmingham Code Enforcement" on the doors inquired as to whether I pulled a permit.  Fortunately, I never heard anything further.  

Permits are as much about generating tax revenues as they are about guaranteeing code compliance, it least that's how it is around here.

After building the deck with cedar and replacing the cedar once, I resurfaced it with synthetic which will outlive me.  I'd attach a photo of the latest iteration of the deck, but I get an error message.  Appears I've exceeded some limit for attachments.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 3

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I kinda doubt that slab will bust/crack around that drain anytime soon.

Nope, lots of re-bar and concrete went back in that hole.

I know. I looked at your first couple pics, and was thinking- "I would think he filled the hole". The last pic confirmed that.

• Like 1