Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Keep On Keepin' On  is an excellent documentary about Clark Terry and others. In addition to great music, the stories are well told.  It's available on Netflix, Amazon & iTunes.

http://www.keeponkeepinon.com/

Tomorrow would have been Clark Terry's 95th birthday.  I first heard of him in the late 60s when he was a member of The Tonight Show band.  His legacy is much more than that decade of work.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

Afternoon Gang

Welp, we just had out first el nino enhanced superstorm  :excl:

And by god it was REAL rain, huge drops flying sideways :excl:

Here in Norcal we endured almost 7 Min of gods wrath.

Now, 53 and the sun is out.....Weather Drama queens had everyone at home w/radios and flashlights :D

Drinkin and Tunes is sounding pretty good right about now :emotion-21:

The wife is making Carnitas, @6Pm id be sobered up for the evening.....hummmm :emotion-46::emotion-22::emotion-29:

post-57941-0-57760000-1450049519_thumb.j

• Like 5

Morning folks.

House is washed!  Decorations up.

LF leaves for W Va. next Monday for nine days so Jake and I'll do Christmas together.  I think Jake wants a rare steak and a longer leash.

Does anyone have any experience with a product called Magic Wood for repairing rot on a window sill?  A guy proposes to do the repair with that product...says he has used it before.  May have to google it.  Bondo doesn't work so well for that I hear.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

BTW....we need a Santa head emoji.

• Like 6

Morning gang....

moray james.....that is quite a coffee recipe.....I haven't changed coffee in 20+ years.....still the same Dukin Donuts whole bean.....I should try something new.....

Not much planed for the day....working on the 2nd cup....yea, Dunkin Donuts.......

Might finish stacking the fire wood.....it's 70+ today...let me put on my shorts and t-shirt to do that...

I might even put the snow blower on the tractor.....I guess it beats puting the blower on when it's freezing out....

It feels like spring out......hell this time last year I think we had snow....

Wishing all a great Sunday...

I can tell you that the green coffee is a real acquired taste and not many will get into it but it does have a whack of caffeine in it and it is good for you I am sure you have heard about the green coffee extract metabolism boost of the past couple of years. The Coco is mostly for the nice flavor and the and Cocoa nibs (which are raw coco beans) have all the nutrients that get destroyed when they roast the bean to make Coco that's all the really good stuff for your veins and arteries and the good bits that women get so excited about in chocolate (tough most of that is heat damaged when they make the coco for chocolate)Mostly the nibs let yoru arteries and veins become more flexible and elastic so a big plus for those who are on the stroke, heart or erectile dysfunction track. I have severe heart desease so you can understand my interest, especially with heart issues on my dad's side and stroke on my mums side of the family. I guess it's like Buckley's cough Syrup it tastes bad but it works. Best regards moray james.

MKP :-)

Edited by moray james
  • Like 3

I hope the boom box is a Klipsch.  My 3 personal favorites are:

1) Kona - Hawaii

2) Blue Mountain - Jamaica

3) ORO - Honduras

Whole beans "store" longer....just grind when needed.  A Keurig works well with an insert for the above as would any other brewer.  They smell awesome and taste the same.  While I suggest you go to get them from the source first...if not in the budget they can be ordered online.

• Like 4

In Birmingham, MIchigan you technically do need permits for many repairs

Around here, the permit's main function is to raise your property tax when they find out that you made improvements. 

That's it function everywhere. F them. Sorry I had SO MANY bad experiences when I built my house. Jerk Offs.

41ZkU-bZSQL.jpg

Edited by babadono
  • Like 3

Chuck, try this stuff...kind of like bondo but less messy and you only need water.  Just mix up a little at a time.  You have a short window of time to shape it...before you know it, it is hard as rock.  Really cheap too.  Do you have Menards down there?  Only $2.38 for a 16 oz can.  I have used it to fill rotten logs on my log barn and house.  It holds up well.  You can either try to put a dye in it to match, or paint it.  I have not tried dying it.

1front.jpg

• Like 5

Chuck, try this stuff...kind of like bondo but less messy and you only need water.  Just mix up a little at a time.  You have a short window of time to shape it...before you know it, it is hard as rock.  Really cheap too.  Do you have Menards down there?  Only $2.38 for a 16 oz can.  I have used it to fill rotten logs on my log barn and house.  It holds up well.  You can either try to put a dye in it to match, or paint it.  I have not tried dying it.

1front.jpg

This stuff is great, and yet another product Banned in Calif.

I buy mine wile in Nevada.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Haven't been here lately, busy but catching up, this time of the years is always crazy. We have some friends coming in for a few days starting wed night, and were trying to get all the work done so we can be free through the weekend.  :emotion-19:  :emotion-29::)

• Like 6

Good monday afternoon gang

Amazon shopping, less than a hundred miles from dist center, get most stuff overnight.

Was thinking about joining their club for a hundred bucks, but why? little shipping now and then is not bad.

Mr Crow parts however are still on the way from Mich, no biggie.

post-57941-0-83600000-1450127377_thumb.p

• Like 6