Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

as Pink Floyd says ... “one day closer to death."

Thanks for reminding me  :lol:

We will all be dust one day, I would think yours will have slight red color to it.

you calling me a commie? :ohmy:  the half of me that ain’t American is Portuguese.

No, because of ketchup......duh  :rolleyes:

Well unless your 1/2 Indian what is the other half, they say I'm French/German , but i would think with other things mixed in?

• Like 3

ah...well i’m a bit slow...ketchup makes perfect sense.  I guess red and Portuguese makes sense too...i remember after my folks were killed and i got shipped off to some non-portuguese relatives.  sat down for dinner and a bowl of brown stuff was given to me.  i was freaked and asked what it was.  Beef Stew they said.  “but, it’s not red.”  They said they’d never heard of red stew.  

If you put tomato sauce in it, it will turn red.

the ketchup did the trick just as good.

in my formative years, food was red.

• Like 3

Good early Tuesday morning gang

Xmas shopping out of town for the farm lifestyle.

Not many can say they filled most of their shopping list @ Tractor Supply.

It is their fav store, everything from ammo to clothes, so gift cards were in order.

These cards state "Tractor Supply" but have a Visa logo on the face, asking about this

they told me they could use them anywhere that takes Visa, interesting, and good.

This year ill dam sure ask them if they used them, hate to see them wasted.

Iv got to be the only guy who asks the wife, or kind of tells her how many cards i want to buy.

Couple of the farmers kids that have decide to stay with the farm im bought for also.

On that note, the wife said sure, get it done, and by the way do i finely get my "Last new car" this next year? :emotion-41:

Trash day

Taco day

And iv noticed UPS really is slowing down, local news says they cut their workforce for greed.

Iv got packages six days shipped now and still in another state.

post-57941-0-94520000-1450169380_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks for the help with the window repair.  The guy that framed my house 27 years ago is working on my street and I got him to drop by to look at the windows.  He can replace parts of the sill and do a couple of other small jobs.

Good day for a bike ride.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

Good morning all. Been a while since I've checked in.. Been super busy with the "De-Clutter". Moving from 3700 sqft to 1500 sqft puts A LOT into perspective. Almost to a point where we feel like we aren't tripping over each other and "STUFF".

Wife got her Winter Garden in and a temporary chicken coop....got our first half dozen eggs yesterday....will be converting an old work shed into a larger coop this weekend.

So far I've replaced about 80% of the plumbing.....fix one thing and then another pops up...think I've just about stopped the bleeding for now.

With the move I donated my beloved Sony 55" LCD and Yamaha YSP-5100 Sound Projector to my parents....they've been wanting a  flat screen for years and I figured it was best to give it to them rather than get a few hundred for it....they promptly rewarded me with their Klipsch Quintet Micro Theater setup that has been used maybe twice since 2001 along with the KSW-15 that I gave them around the same time. I may use that instead of my Reference stuff....it seems to be too much for the small space and takes up valuable space.

I'll get pictures up soon....wife is almost comfortable enough to allow people to come over for a bon fire and oysters

• Like 5

Thanks for the help with the window repair.  The guy that framed my house 27 years ago is working on my street and I got him to drop by to look at the windows.  He can replace parts of the sill and do a couple of other small jobs.

Good day for a bike ride.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

That is behond luck, you just do not find a wood butcher everyday. very good.

• Like 4

Morning gang

37 and feels like it, im layered up W/Ski beenie.

Foot heater/desk heater full boar, still nippy.

Just saw on the news again, everyone is complaining about UPS.

I have little control how people ship to me, but i have learned, FedEx or USPS

is the only way to go.

Someone at the UPS Dept of Greed refused to hire-up for the season :o

Appears to be wide spread?

Weather Drama coming again :blink:

Could be worse, could live in Texas.

post-57941-0-08720000-1450193248_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

Good almost afternoon gang

Wife is cookin up the Bacon/Eggs so NO nap for awile.

Studying up on the "New Drone Law(s)" about to take effect.

You have till the end of Feb to register your Drone, $5 charge, $250K fine, Drone WILL be clearly marked with your name and address.

Still reading up on the final draft(s) but they are taking this very serious.

Now you just got to know these farmers do not give a dam about anything, should be interesting, me trying to explain this to them.

post-57941-0-41560000-1450208906_thumb.p

• Like 5