Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon Gang---again

Was getting a nice lil Nap in, awake to Banging, more Banging, WTF?

Get my slippers on and hear the wife next door yelling at her young husband, FELL BETTER YET?

WELL ? GO AHEAD, HIT IT AGAIN, Wham/Bam, every "Hit" sounded a little different.

I look over the fence, guy is beating the Chit out his lawnmower w/5Lb sledge :o :o

Ah, The Burbs

Hummm, Hot Choclate....hummm

Damn Mark.....you really needed a video of that......would have been great to see that....

Still working on cleaning up the house/audio gear.....man the dust is awful.....the Dyson is on it...

MKP :-)

His wifey saw me looking, he was too busy, i peered over, smiled, then slowly lowered my head back down.

• Like 6

Ah, good news, wife not only came home prepared to fire up the stove, brought Tortellini with her.

Alright so be it, im up for awile, might as well pay the bills.

Im sure all of our home services are starving as usual for their money.

Could be worse, could be shopping for a new lawnmower :P

I just had the thought, as soon as this neighbor hears mine fire up, he very well may show up to barrow it.

Of course, im going to get up early in the morning w/telephoto lens and take a few pics of what is left of his :emotion-21:

This way im covered, i will have Pics of proof, he does not like lawnmowers :wink:

post-57941-0-49760000-1451780264_thumb.j

• Like 7

Enjoying hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows received in gift basket from little bro and his bride,

Went down real well as we watched Spartans defeat Minnesota, you know the short pants Spartans.

Oh no. This damn iPad is spilling the hot chocolate.

Hummmm, Hot Chocolate, have not had that for awile, think i'll try that.

That or pickle juice 

My wife strains and saves Clausen pickle juice and stores it in the fridge.  When I get a leg cramp she makes me drink a shot of pickle juice.  It makes no sense, but the salty brine seems to immediately address a cramp.  Sort of like Amish Gatorade.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 4

Sancho man, what's happening. Not going to pm you like awhile back. Hope you are all well. The little one's especially.

Well can say from first hand experience, I just had a couple of sips from the apple pie moonshine that,

there is something to it. Have to find out later but chasing it with a couple more or 2 Stella. HAD more to say but, it may have just tamed me a bit.:

• Like 4

Sancho man, what's happening. Not going to pm you like awhile back. Hope you are all well. The little one's especially.

Well can say from first hand experience, I just had a couple of sips from the apple pie moonshine that,

there is something to it. Have to find out later but chasing it with a couple more or 2 Stella. HAD more to say but, it may have just tamed me a bit.:

"apple pie moonshine"

I think we still have a bottle of that from our Mo run last year.

• Like 4

Evening gang

Good dinner under the Belt, and the Belly is happy once again :):emotion-21:

Almost feel normal again...WHoo-Yaa.

Costco run/ Polish breakfast for sunday morn.

Saw on the news PowerBall is up there again, id be just fine with 5 outta 6, not stingy here.

Ripped down to the local Hagi-mart and picked up a few tickys.

I do have a liking for "Chance".

Now about that Carrot cake, sitting all lonely in the reffer, just cannot be permitted.........

post-57941-0-86760000-1451786146_thumb.j

• Like 5

• Moderators

Not home yet, setting in he club house right now, it's been kind of a rough week. :D  :emotion-46:  :emotion-29:

Rodney cooked and we just finished eating, in Rodney's regular style he cooked steaks, smoked ribs and brisket with baked potatoes[, I had to step away after the second trip :D

Leaving to go back home in he AM, Christy's  brother is meeting us at home a few days for a party :wacko:   :emotion-19:

• Like 6

Evening gang

Ha, just rolled out of the horizontal movie watchin position, and find the wife with the dessert box

going to town on "My carrot cake", not being to one to really say anything i quickly grabbed a fork.

Good carrot is hard to find :emotion-21:

post-57941-0-61640000-1451794493_thumb.j

• Like 6

I had to take OCharley's up on their free pie Wednesday a while back, I was surprised how good their carrot cake was.

We have learned over the years, sample everything, bring home the tasty ones.

My, "Our" favorite thing when staying downtown @ the Hyatt, i order one of everything on the dessert menu.

We do not eat it all, just pick and choose the one that goes home with us next day :emotion-21::emotion-41:

• Like 5

Good morning-

Enjoying a cup of Bigby Coffee, also included in the gift basket from my brother. The delicious hot chocolate mentioned a few posts back was Ghiradelli Premium Hot Cocoa. Not like the Bosco from my youth, much better.

I think the wife and I will use movie passes received last week to take in TFA this morning.

post-6832-0-44520000-1451830658_thumb.jp

• Like 7

Morning gang< well kind of  :huh:

Last night before the final going down for the evening, i was informed

The Current Supply of Coffee has been exhausted, zip, nada, aint happening.

Not a Bean in the House.

No grounds, stale or otherwise.

Bad Planning, New Year Curse?

I noticed a box of Tea placed in front of the pot.

Smart azz wife........ :rolleyes:

Store run NOW!

post-57941-0-64200000-1451832134_thumb.j

• Like 9

Bad planning.

You need to get a supply of individually packaged coffee to squirrel away for just such a crisis. The Mylar bag keeps the 100% Colombian fresh until, "In case of emergency, break glass."

post-6832-0-55720000-1451832538_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 7

Bad planning.

You need to get a supply of individually packaged coffee to squirrel away for just such a crisis. The Mylar bag keeps the 100% Colombian fresh until, "In case of emergency, break glass."

Thank You, im well aware of "The Stash".

They go bad also, i know, been there done that.

We rotate the supply chain here, untill of course of of us forgets to inform the other "we are ON the Stash" so the "Blame" is shared.

Had a brilliant idea one day to stash some in a "Mason flip top" type jar.

Upon going for the much needed stash, i found it had been so long since i was in that jar, THE RUBBER SEAL ROTTED!

I.E. stale coffee that smelled like an ashtray.

It all works out though in the end.

Place me in a major food store this early in the morning, by god im shoppin!!

Current menu as of this store visit:

Chrizzo/Eggs/fried taters

Major Dickinsons Blend whole Bean enhanced W/The Duggans.

Pot should be perked and waiting............... :emotion-44:

post-57941-0-44120000-1451835126.jpg

• Like 8