Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning/afternoon....

Well I got me a new ride......new to me....2004 Honda Pilot....really good shape.... new tires, new brakes allway around...just a clean ride with one small issue....got a broken timing belt.... No biggie, gonna get me another engine and have this on the road...

This was one of my customer's cars...he was coming in next month for his t-belt job.... it is a shame cuz he really did look after his car... this would have been the 2nd t-belt. I did the 1st one a 100k ago. The belt had just over 100k.... I think there might of been some type of pully problem... cuz these belts do go over 100k with ease...

Anyway replacement engine should be here next week..

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-57540000-1454001500_thumb.j

post-58704-0-22540000-1454001514_thumb.j

• Like 5

Nice MKP. 

Just had the Volvo V70 at the dealer for 52,000 mile maintenance.  Asked them to top off the windshield wiper fluid.  Tech reports the hose leaks and the bumper would have to come off to replace the hose.  $225.

I don't use the headlamp wipers anyway and am thinking of capping that hose off. 

Your thoughts?

• Like 3

Nice MKP. 

Just had the Volvo V70 at the dealer for 52,000 mile maintenance.  Asked them to top off the windshield wiper fluid.  Tech reports the hose leaks and the bumper would have to come off to replace the hose.  $225.

I don't use the headlamp wipers anyway and am thinking of capping that hose off. 

Your thoughts?

save the money, just don't drive at night....i know, shut up steve.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

As suggested, you probably don't even need a root canal. You just need a good crown. Pinch off the kickback from your oral surgeon to dentist and skip unnecessary dental work. I have a good friend who is a dentist and he said often root canals are done excessively. Your nerve is healty and sound I suspect. You just need a good crown. Maybe find another dentist.

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 5

Morning all. It's my Friday off, weather guesser says mid 70's but 49 right now. Another cuppa and it'll be back to the fence. Should be complete with side today and fronts this weekend. Still contemplating gate construction leaning towards galvanized livestock gate with the cedar pickets attached for the 10' and a 'gate kit' for the 5 footer. Kids have their eyes on a pair of AKC German Shepard twin male pups.

00H0H_6VF9l9tCGVY_600x450.jpg

• Like 5

Oooooh.  2 males, siblings or not isn't a good idea.  Eventually there'll be a battle for alpha status (neutered or not) and it can get ugly.  There'll be a trip to the vet for stitches in your future for one or both of them.

I had Newfoundlands once.  They're the most docile breed you can find.  We introduced a male puppy into our family while we still had an adult male.  Once the puppy grew to near adult size it was on.  I made the mistake of getting in between them once while they were going at it.  Big mistake on my part.  We ended up buying a cattle prod and even with that it would take both my wife and I to pull them apart.

• Like 3

See Carl, that's why we're here....learn stuff

Glad I could help as I learned the hard way.  My arm was black and blue from my elbow to my shoulder.  Both dogs were on their hind legs going at each other.  In that position, they were about as tall as me so I figured I'd run between them and bust them apart.  Not the smartest thing I've ever done.  One of them clamped down on me by mistake as he was going for the other dog.  As soon as he realized it was me and not the other dog he let up but just that split second bruised me pretty badly.  Both dogs ended up punctured in several places.  It's amazing though as when they're separated, they both were the most lovable and docile dogs you could imagine.

• Like 3

What a great forum this is .... from dog fights to root canals to colonoscopies. Where are the rest of you guys at this morning?

Seriously, I've raised and trained a German Shepherd and would never pair 2 of the same sex. My female was constantly getting 'into it' with her own mother who belonged to our neighbors to see who ruled the roost. On the other hand, USNRET, those are good looking pups (and assuming a good, reputable breeder) I'd probably take one of them and maybe give some thought to pairing it with a female if I was up for the chaos of 2 puppies at the same time.

Have a great weekend everyone and cheers, as always.

• Like 5

from dog fights to root canals to colonoscopies.

one wild and crazy bunch...always pushing life's envelope.  I go this afternoon to see the colonoscopy doctor to get the test results...i think i'll start off with an apology (just in case). I have a mental image of me waking up and yelling at her that i was still awake. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

from dog fights to root canals to colonoscopies.

one wild and crazy bunch...always pushing life's envelope.  I go this afternoon to see the colonoscopy doctor to get the test results...i think i'll start off with an apology (just in case). I have a mental image of me waking up and yelling at her that i was still awake. 

Does anyone remember when this quote hit the airwaves?  "And really, after five minutes of talking to you in pre-op, I wanted to punch you in the face and man you up a little bit," a doctor can be heard saying in a recording at the center of a lawsuit. :o

• Like 4