Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang.....

It's a cold 20° out this morning.....coffee is good for sure....

Can't wait for more Gary.....that's some really cool stuff.....

Just got back from picking the grandkids up from the BOSS's parents house. We have to pick them up in the mornings to get the school bus at our house. With my eldest daughter now living with mom to look after her we have a few rings of fire we have to jump through. A few days out of the week the BOSS has to stay with mom while my daughter goes to college. My daughter has cut her classes in half so she can take care of mom....

Ya know it was just over four years ago that my eldest daughter was lost to the streets of Baltimore. She went missing when she was about 22 for a life heroin addiction. Me and the BOSS were at a point of our lives were we knew we was going to get a phone call to identify a body. But my daugter made it back from the madness.... very few recover from heroin....most are 6' under... my daughter and I are very close we share one thing in common "addiction" we have our little meetings.....and she tells me how "sick" I am with all the speakers and amps I own....lol lol

All is good....doing what we gotta do.......and speaking of that, I gotta roll.....

Check-in later...

MKP :-)

I'm glad for you and your daughter. I have 15 and a 19 year old daughters, and you never exactly know what the next day will bring. I can't imagine what you went through. Give her a big hug :D

• Like 8

Hi!  I haven't posted in 25 pages or so. 

G'day from way up north!  Happy Hump Day!  Enjoy your health and your Klipsch today!

Thanks Dave! :)

I was up to Alaska a number of years back for 19 days during the summer.

Do you live anywhere near any good moose hunting and/or caribou by chance :)

Roger

Yes very near especially for moose!

• Like 6

Great news Gary, thanks for sharing that...proud of you for your success!

Mark -- super good report about your daughter.  I won't go into detail; but, sounds as if we've walked down similar paths in life.  Not fun; but, God's grace & mercy got me through it. I make fun of my drug past; but, i can say it is heartbreaking to look at someone you love and realize that person is gone and you have no idea who is standing before you. I feel guilty wondering how many sleepless nights I put my Mom through. So happy that your story has a happy ending.

Carl -- it may come as a surprise; but, every once in a while i say to myself "Steve -- shut up."  I remember years ago taking an IQ test...scored 134, which doesn't make me the smartest person in the room; but, not the dumbest either...so I will take my own advice on this one.  Don't worry--regardless of the topic, there will be more stories or comments. Did i ever tell you about the time that I ...

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 7

Hi!  I haven't posted in 25 pages or so. 

G'day from way up north!  Happy Hump Day!  Enjoy your health and your Klipsch today!

Thanks Dave! :)

I was up to Alaska a number of years back for 19 days during the summer.

Do you live anywhere near any good moose hunting and/or caribou by chance :)

Roger

Yes very near especially for moose!

Dave....... ;), BUDDY!!,

I know this big, dumb bastard, that ate moose meat at his uncles two years in a row when he was a kid, and thought it was the best tasting stuff ever! :)

This guy went to his family reunion every year, and there was a large moose head hung over the fire place in the pavilion, and every year, a mouse would come out of that moose heads ear and scurry around, and run back into the ear.

This punk kid always thought, I want to kill and eat my own Bull Moose some day.

Fast forward to today; This kid is 51 years old. He has still never shot a bull moose! He has several 7mm Remington Magnums, and has killed a white tail deer at 589 yards, but has never had a chance to kill that darn moose.

Dave, I'd like you to come to Hope, Arkansas in May, so you can meet this guy in person!

Dave, it is truly a sad story :(

Perhaps a story you could help change for the better :)

Truly hope you can make it to Hope ;)

Rog

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 7

Good looking amps

Those are the little amps with 350 watts per channel.  Take a look at the Silver Seven 700 mono blocks.

_ Carverandamp.JPG

_ Carver Silver Seven 700 tube amps.jpg

Silicone Valley is just over the hill to the west of me, have a few friends over that way that I REFUSE to visit do to equipment like this AND bigger, just sitting around.

Oh yeah, I could have a way bigger problem than I currently have with the neighbor(s) :o

• Like 10

He has still never shot a bull moose!
Don't kill the Moose!  The Canadian Moose make good beer! 

Stew ;)

this guy has been thinking about killing moose for a good, very many years and has good news for you!  ;)

Were you aware that there are actually, scientifically 3 separate sub species of Moose in North America?

One sub species live predominately in the lower 48, a second lives predominately in Canada, and a third lives primarily in Alaska, and do you know what?

Each sub species of North American Moose gets larger, the farther North you head :)

So, the Canadian Moose are safe, as they are entirely different that the moose that this big dumb bastard wants to eat  :D

Roger

• Like 5

Morning gang

Catching up on the forum fair.

Big Stew talking about the "Standard OC" life style, everyone goes through it. 

The survivors get the hell out, at any/all cost.

First cup down, going for the second :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Hobby project engineering/shopping for the day.

Maybe a Nap, onward to another rough day.

Farm run Friday, sighting in the new scope on my 17 as well as the farmers.

70s predicted for the next 7 days.

• Like 9

Oh yeah, I could have a way bigger problem than I currently have with the neighbor(s)
they're only your neighbors for another year or so, right? 

14 months max, is the current plan.

Will start home shopping Feb next year.

Unless our visits to Reno bring us some super deal this year, not really looking this year.

• Like 7

Morning gang

Catching up on the forum fair.

Big Stew talking about the "Standard OC" life style, everyone goes through it. 

The survivors get the hell out, at any/all cost.

First cup down, going for the second :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Hobby project engineering/shopping for the day.

Maybe a Nap, onward to another rough day.

Farm run Friday, sighting in the new scope on my 17 as well as the farmers.

you know the drill!

Pictures or it didn't happen!

.17 Rem, .17 HMR, .17 HM2, or ??? 

Spill the Dope on Scope! :)

No :pwk_bs:  please! :biggrin:

Rog

• Like 4

75 and sunny today and cooling off to 59 by the end of the week. So just about perfect weather this week, and a mild winter even for us this year.

Elden,

Perfect for a morning cup by the water falling off of the roof of the tiki bar with Heresy's playing softly while contemplating the morning   ;)

Rog

• Like 6

• Moderators

75 and sunny today and cooling off to 59 by the end of the week. So just about perfect weather this week, and a mild winter even for us this year.

Elden,

Perfect for a morning cup by the water falling off of the roof of the tiki bar with Heresy's playing softly while contemplating the morning   ;)

Rog

Elden,

Rog

If I do I will have to protect my nuts, there is a crazy squirrel wanting to make his house out there, I had to run the speaker wires in metal conduit because he ate them to pieces twice when he built his nest behind one of them.

He will not last long if I see him again

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

• Moderators

75 and sunny today
better put on a coat.  we're in a bit of a heat wave ourselves. been upper 80s all week. 

75 and sunny today
better put on a coat.  we're in a bit of a heat wave ourselves. been upper 80s all week. 

75 is perfect, opened all the windows to get some air.

Edit;  What is going on, every time I quote something it's double, mouse battery ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4