Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Theme of the week...here come da rain

We got our rain last week, possible 40% chance of storms late afternoon here today but me thinks it isn't gonna happen....I fear hail, have a 2015 F150 that I would like not to have hail damage at least for a year.....LOL

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 5

WOW! The humidity is killing me! Just got through repairing the garage door on the shop that had a cable slip off one of the spools. The AC filter framing is not finished yet and working up next to the ceiling is murder. Now, I hope the rain holds off long enough for me to finish framing and Sheetrock around the new AC unit in the shop.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

• Like 4

We got our rain last week, possible 40% chance of storms late afternoon here today but me thinks it isn't gonna happen....I fear hail, have a 2015 F150 that I would like not to have hail damage at least for a year.....LOL

Damit...Its coming...this link is only good for right now I'm sure...So if you click on the link after 19:07 June 23rd Im not sure what you'll see

http://www.ketv.com/weather/radar

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 1

Evening gang.....

Winding this lazy rainy weekend down....

Just did some cleaning around the house this weekend and played lots of music....

Just chilling her at moms right now..... got Felix the cat with me..... almost 22lbs of Felix  :o 

MKP :-)

Are you gonna purchase this?

Got it two weeks ago :P

• Like 3

We were planing a cookout this weekend for the "B" day :emotion-19: but it will be raining here all weekend also :mad: .......... So yea I'm just a tad pissed. 

what he is NOT telling you is that....

the audio shop called and his other carver is ready...we can certainly drive in the rain.  

soooo....we can still listen to good music on awesome speakers (whichever ones he hooks up for whatever tracks he deems appropriate)...

we have no kids to tell us to turn it down,,,

...and if carl is a man of his word, we should be expecting quite a large package in the mail to keep us busy...

:P

When did this become about my package?

Carl and large package?  Isn't that an oxymoron?

• Like 3

Damit...Its coming...this link is only good for right now I'm sure...So if you click on the link after 19:07 June 23rd Im not sure what you'll see

http://www.ketv.com/weather/radar

We got hammered on out at the outlet mall.  

• Like 3

Coffee and fresh doughnuts to start off this wet Saturday. Time to place some larvae pellets in the flood yard. Girls finally finished their karaoke 'singing' about midnight; seems my little one had fun (and scored some duckets). Tidy up things here over th eweekend and then head to Atlanta zero dark thirty Monday for the quarterly corporate lashings.

Ya'll be good, ya hear

• Like 2

Morning gang...

Coffee Coffee and more Coffee  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

What a week.... I'm toast.....Last week was one of our busiest week ever.... It wasn't just the amount of work but just about every job took a turn for the worst. Now that does mean that more money is to be made, but it slows me down. All my customers were understanding.... and they trust me.... So I had to call them up and explain why now a $500 job has now turned into a $1000 job. 

It all started with the 1st job of the week. Mrs. Mary's 02 CRV.... She was scheduled in for A/C system replacement. (compressor locked up trashed the system) front control arm bushings and a service. Checking the car over I saw she needed 4 tires.. man they were all dry rott... 1/2 way into the A/C job I'm looking at the radiator and that thing is falling apart..... and both the rad & condenser fans are now inop :wacko2: ... If I did the radiator & fans now it would save her alot of money down the road.... I mean I'm 1/2 way there... So instead of a 4.5 hr rad job a year from now I can do the job for 1/2 the labor plus the parts....(there are alot of shops that will not do this they would charge the 4+ hours for the job).... but it all still adds up to more money and time.... So The BOSS and I re-did the numbers for her called her up and told her whats going on.... She understood and said "do what ya got to do... it's cheaper than a new car.... oh and replace that leaking axle seal".....  So that job set me back a whole day.... and it didn't stop with that job.... The BOSS and I were at the shop till 10:00 every night...

Now I don't have jobs like the CRV every week or month..... Before I let any customer spend that much money in there car I must give it the "OK"... If the car is not worth it I will tell them to invest that money in a new car.... Over the years I've had people come in the shop and they are willing to dump thousands into the old Honda... Before I allow it will insist they allow me to do a complete inspection of the vehicle. I will list everything out that is needed and will list things that will be needed in the near future.... that way we can make a decision if the car is really worth the investment.... If we decide not to fix the car, pay me check out time and were good..... and yes I've had people say "well I want to fix it".... and I've told them it's not worth it and I've refused the job.... 

OK gonna roll out to the Audio shop and pick up my last Carver.... I'm done with the amp servicing.... Next.... some X-over work in the Klipsch  :)

Later.... a good day to all...

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 3

Carl and large package? Isn't that an oxymoron?

You're confused as always, that's not an oxymoron.  The proper example would be Chuck and a good martini.

You're not going to start bragging about those vodka flavored iced slushies again are you?

• Like 4

Carl and large package? Isn't that an oxymoron?

You're confused as always, that's not an oxymoron.  The proper example would be Chuck and a good martini.

You're not going to start bragging about those vodka flavored iced slushies again are you?

I can brag about my package if you like.

BTW I wasn't the one bragging. It was everyone else!

• Like 2

Oh I recall now.  It was all those guys who had never had a martini before proclaimed yours the best......snicker...snicker.

No bragging about your package either.  We would have to start a new thread "Selected Short Subjects".  Or as Groucho said "It's short but not too big around"  hehe.......

Gotta run my sides are splitting......

• Like 5