Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey folks. Checking in.

All this car talk ties in to a couple of shows we watched last night on History about American muscle cars. Very high drool factor and certainly undermines my better judgment about handling retirement funds. Fortunately I know better and will stick to my audio toys. Sigh. :(

Chuck .... maybe try something involving explosives to dislodge that bathroom floor? Good luck with it. Baxter sends a woof to Jake.

Cheers.....................

• Like 3

We want to change the tile, eliminate the floor level difference, put in a new vanity and a dressing table.  We also will be enlarging the shower so that tile goes as well.

So at this point we want to get down to the plywood subfloor and start over.  We also will be moving the entry doorway over ten inches to widen the shower.  New carpet in the bedroom next to bath.

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 3

Well the adventure at LF's new place is the master bath floor. Apparently someone remodeled it and poured a slab around the vanity  and tiled on top of that.  I wanted to see if a hammer would break it so I hit it about ten times with a 20 oz hammer.  It just snickered at me.  So tomorrow a former tile guy is going to try his hand with a hammer drill.  I'm not sure if that will be enough.  Any ideas other than a jackhammer?

? Hope this helps!

post-52637-0-34080000-1465399347_thumb.j

• Like 5

Guess I'll wait and see how the drill hammer works.....then maybe a sledge hammer and a younger back :mellow:  Who pours cement around a vanity anyway :wacko:

I don't know exactly what you mean when you say hammer drill or jack hammer. They come in a bunch of different sizes. And they definitely make demolition hammers for chipping out stucco or old tile that you don't mind breaking.

• Like 1

Chuck look at your local rental shop for a electric breaker. They are similar to the hammer drill but a little larger. They run off of 110 so no need for an air compressor.  One might consider it an electric jack hammer.  Or rent a 185 cfm air compressor and 100' of air hose along with a 90 lb breaker, that will get it down.

https://www.zoro.com/bosch-breaker-hammer-1-18-in-hex-120v-15-amps-bh2760vcb/i/G3531385/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhN-6BRCJsePgxru9iIwBEiQAI8rq86tI8o8TXY0q0Mg7oW8aWVuk9yb0pWNz-kfWMkDatdYaAszN8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 3

Chuck look at your local rental shop for a electric breaker. They are similar to the hammer drill but a little larger. They run off of 110 so no need for an air compressor.  One might consider it an electric jack hammer.  Or rent a 185 cfm air compressor and 100' of air hose along with a 90 lb breaker, that will get it down.

https://www.zoro.com/bosch-breaker-hammer-1-18-in-hex-120v-15-amps-bh2760vcb/i/G3531385/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwhN-6BRCJsePgxru9iIwBEiQAI8rq86tI8o8TXY0q0Mg7oW8aWVuk9yb0pWNz-kfWMkDatdYaAszN8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Funny I had just called A-Z rental and they have various sizes of electric breakers.  $87/day rental so now I have a plan if tile guy fails.  Thanks Dude!

• Like 2

Still have a '86 Fiero in the back that is begging for a V8 conversion though.

Good morning all. The caffeine is flowing.

I know the feeling. It's a curse. Fortunately, age has cured me.

After I sold the Rotus, I bought a 97 Miata on a whim with every intention of installing another BOP/Rover 3.5 liter aluminum V8. I met a Ford engineer who had put a Buick 215 in a Miata. It was very cool. The aluminum V8 was barely any heavier than the 4 banger it replaced. Even with the resources he had at Ford, the conversion was very complicated and expensive.

Furthermore, that Miata was the most dependable car I ever owned. Whereas the motor was regularly pulled from the Rotus to address chronic issues with a Tilton hydraulic throwout bearing, I never once had to pull the motor in the MX5. :-)

I eventually sold the Miata un-bastardized. The attached photo of the Miata has been posted before.

Are you familiar with the following site? Dan LaGrou knows 215s.

http://www.aluminumv8.com/

While I didn't stuff a V8 in it, I did turbo charge my '93.

wardsweb3.jpg

• Like 8

Judy has a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3l. Puts out about 320 HP. She had a 2010 370Z Nismo with a rear mounted turbo, but decided she wanted something a little tamer and quieter. The Mustang is awesome!

Picture files are too big to load. Don't have time to downsize right now.

• Like 4

Judy has a 2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3l. Puts out about 320 HP. She had a 2010 370Z Nismo with a rear mounted turbo, but decided she wanted something a little tamer and quieter. The Mustang is awesome!

Picture files are too big to load. Don't have time to downsize right now.

Go MUSTANG !!   All those Ford ecoboosts are making great power these days.  Look at what most police are driving these days!  (Explorers with up to 365hp!)  For those into links, I included one.   The Explorer 'Interceptor' is pretty hot looking  :)  and so is the Dodge Durango for that matter...   http://code3.jalopnik.com/what-the-police-spec-2016-ford-explorer-has-that-your-m-1685166241

• Like 5