Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Beautiful Friday morning to all. It's a stunner in Southeast Michigan.

Enjoying my first cup of Cadillac 100% Colombian from the Bunn A10. Starting to get the hang of that thing. Hard to see how it makes such a good cup so quickly. Seems like the grounds barely have a chance to get wet. How do it know?

Which reminds me of Sancho's Friday punchline thread. Wonder how he is.

• Like 3

TGIF - A week of high stress and mentally draining tasks to save customers and salesmen, who all waited too late to order product but had to have it like yesterday. I need a way-back machine. Anyway, just 8 hours to live through and then some pool time, then some drinks and crank up the stereo. My wife is out of town, so I'm a bachelor for two days. "lock & load, smoke'm if you got em" let's get ready to rumble...

• Like 3

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Thanks, right back to all.

Supposed to get up to smoking hot this weekend around these parts.

This may come as a shock to some but we're expecting rain.  The grass at my house is doing about 3 to 4 inches a week.

Yea man....It's Fridayyyyyyy :lol:

Looking to be a nice weekend here also.... mid 80's....... don't know what I'll get into..... I should cut the weeds...... It got put off last weekend for the KP-320 adventure  :blink:

Got a few things going on at the shop....... Had kind of a run in with a customer this week....... I understand your car's broke and ya don't want to spend alot of money.... but I didn't......... BUY IT, BUILD IT, or BREAK IT........ Your the one that's drove this car for the last 13 years and 220K miles...... not me!!...... Lets just say he's not a customer....

Both front windows inop, stuck in the up position would not work at all........ Put two window motors in his old Accord two months ago.......Windows fixed no problem works 100%....... now he's got a switch problem...... Tells me he's not gonna pay for it......it's my fault the windows don't work...... So I tell this guy..... If the window motors were the problem I would be more that happy to warranty my work....... BUT I'M NOT GONNA BUY YOU A SWITCH!!!

Anyway I don't think he'll be back.......Good ;)

OK Gang....... wishing all a great start to this weekend..... Later...

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Lol, Good morning!  Replaced master switch on Nan's Volvo a year ago. Problem already! Those things like to corrode up in fairly short order, what with the rain that gets on them sometime from just getting in and out of car. Still have a couple of more things to get right on car but, it is really starting to melt here. Pop-Up T-storms more frequently say to me, just stay inside, lol! Chill!

Time to run some more vinegar through Mr Coffee...;)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

Both front windows inop, stuck in the up position would not work at all........ Put two window motors in his old Accord two months ago.......Windows fixed no problem works 100%....... now he's got a switch problem...... Tells me he's not gonna pay for it......it's my fault the windows don't work...... So I tell this guy..... If the window motors were the problem I would be more that happy to warranty my work....... BUT I'M NOT GONNA BUY YOU A SWITCH!!! Anyway I don't think he'll be back.......Good

I get more of those than you could imagine.  Lady comes in with transmission issues.  We sell her a valve body and send her on her way.  10,000 miles later transmission issue again.  She says we didn't fix it right the first time.  We check the vehicle, it's low on fluid due to a split in the cooler by the radiator.  Fluid was all over the underside of the vehicle and it was fresh.  We sell her a cooler and send her on her way.  10,000 miles later, transmission issues.  The wheel speed sensor we tried to sell her last visit (and documented on her receipt) for an ABS light finally quit working all together.  Trans doesn't know when to shift.  She says we're bugging her car to break down every 10,000 miles.  Vehicle has 150k miles.  After we fix the speed sensor and give it back to her, she says we broke a pressure sensor in one of her tires.  I explained to her that we didn't dismount her tire or even take the tire off the vehicle and it was on the opposite end of the car we were working on.  I then said if she'd buy the sensor, we'd put it on and program it for her at no charge.  She basically said we were POS's and left in a huff. 

• Like 4

Just checking in gang. Looks like a nice day in the 80's. Have to put a weather resistant finish on a raised planter I stained yesterday and cut grass. And that's as exciting as my world gets today.

Happy Friday and cheers to all.

• Like 4