Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That's how my wife fixes her coffee as well.

With alot of creamer??

MKP :-) 

Yep, I don't see how she tastes the coffee but she's always drank it prepared that way.  Even with that much creamer, even she could taste the difference between how the Bunn makes coffee and how our old ones did.  She noticed the difference immediately on out first pot.

• Like 3

• Moderators

dwilawyer ...just took the time to read your Ray Charles quote. I think most muscians feel that way...

I find that quote amusing. I used to have a link, but have lost it, with an interview of the engineer who worked with Ray Charles when they took a lot of his old masters and transferred them to digital. He was very happy with the quality and sound of the transfers.

BUT, Bruce Swedien, who did a lot of the Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson tracking and mixing, used to record the drums on analog tape decks and the transfer to digital for the mixing. He said it retained the analog sound (nice and fat), but gave them better mixing tools. Sort of like taking a good movie and putting it on video, it still looks like film when you are done/ This may be the same thing with Ray C., as they were transfers from analog.

Bruce

It is very common, to this day, to record the drums on tape for an otherwise all digital production.

They say it captures the "transients" better than digital.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Morning all...

Yessss...... The BUNN A-10 is a awesome coffee maker.... I must say the coffee does taste really good this morning....

Got some of the Blue Mountain :emotion-44::emotion-44: whole beans going on this morning ...... mmmmmmmmmmm good

Blue mountain is just the best ever in my opinion, and the best cup I ever had of that was sunrise in Port Antonio.

Hard to find in Austin, they get it once in awhile at Starbucks for Clover Press.

• Like 2

So, for all of you coffee machine gurus.....I have to ask, do you enjoy the taste of your brew after it's sat in in the carafe on the burner for awhile?  Personally, I find it quite.....gross.  I make one cup at a time via my Chemex "pour-over" method, and it is awesome.  

• Like 2

So, for all of you coffee machine gurus.....I have to ask, do you enjoy the taste of your brew after it's sat in in the carafe on the burner for awhile?   

Ummmmm NO.  I shut the burner off shortly after I pour my first cup.  The second cup is just right for drinking temperature wise by the time I finish my first.

• Like 2

So, for all of you coffee machine gurus.....I have to ask, do you enjoy the taste of your brew after it's sat in in the carafe on the burner for awhile?  Personally, I find it quite.....gross.  I make one cup at a time via my Chemex "pour-over" method, and it is awesome.  

Oh no jim.... The BOSS and I will finish a pot in half hour.... If it sits longer than that we'll dump it and make a fresh pot. The BOSS drinks more coffee than I do. If were out and she wants coffee she'll ask the waiter how fresh is the coffee? If the response is..... ahhhhh not sure..... she'll say I'll have a cup only if ya make a fresh pot..... and god help em if they bring some old cooked up crapp to her... she'll smell it and if they cream doesn't come up she'll look at them and say "really" 

• Like 3

Morning all...

Yessss...... The BUNN A-10 is a awesome coffee maker.... I must say the coffee does taste really good this morning....

Got some of the Blue Mountain :emotion-44: :emotion-44: whole beans going on this morning ...... mmmmmmmmmmm good

Bunn is my favorite also. It makes great coffee and makes it fast.

In England they call it "Filter Coffee". That was a bit of a learning curve when I ordered my first cup. When you order water, they always ask "sparkling or still?" That was another curve ball... 

• Like 2

That would be fine if I could stop at 1 cup. I drink my coffee like I drink my beer, 3 in a row.  :)

• Like 5

Best thing for great coffee is clean H2O, either distilled or as close to that as you can get.  If you're on city water a good R.O. system at the sink will suffice and for you fellow well water drinkers that will work, or typically a simple softener and a carbon filter at the point of use.  If you're currently making your coffee with water that contains mineral or chemical (chlorine or others) you will be amazed at the difference with great water, especially if you have a high mineral content and or high chlorine, it won't taste like the same coffee.

• Like 3

I use the thirty minute rule.  If there is demand after thirty minutes it's time for a fresh brew.

• Like 2

• Moderators

All you people with your fancy coffee machines :lol: I'll stick with my old (older than me) Drip-O-Lator coffee maker my grandfather gave me, no filters needed.

Only thing is it's slow, but I am also, were a good match.

• Like 8

I use the thirty minute rule.  If there is demand after thirty minutes it's time for a fresh brew.

I bet you do that with toast too using that spiffy toaster you won :)

• Like 6