Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Everyone have a good July 4 weekend, and be safe.

Have 4 friends from Ark coming in this evening for the weekend, probably one day at the beach, Pensacola and the rest just hanging out.

Be safe and have fun. :D

Marvel, I remember green stamps, S&H, I'm old :) I think there was another brand also ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

Eight O'clock.....use to grind that for folks when I was a bag boy at the A&P in the mid 60s. Always smelled wonderful.

I do have a small grinder and have recently ground (or is it grinded?) some Trader Joe's cheap beans.

Okay.....for you serious guys....I bet you drink yours black? No cream, sugar, artificial sweeteners? I neglected to say I use coconut cream and Stevia. That's got to go....right?

Yes i think it was A&P's house brand.

I remember saving their green stamps.

I need cream in my coffee or i get heartburn, it may just be too acidic for me i guess.

You are showing your age... My parents got a lot of stuff with green stamps.

We can get 8 o'clock coffee, usually on special, for $4.99 a bag, which I think is 12 oz. I drink mine black, and really dislike the fru fru flavors.

Its my go to brand and remember mom and the neighbors discussing what they were saving up for.

Should be a great holiday weekend, a few friends pitched in for some bottles of booze, beer and fireworks.

Perfect combination of fun, hope nobody loses a finger.

• Like 6

Have 4 friends from Ark coming in this evening for the weekend, probably one day at the beach, Pensacola and the rest just hanging out.

Marvel, I remember green stamps, S&H, I'm old :) I think there was another brand also ?

Pensacola Beach is really nice! If you have time, take them to the aviation museum at the NAS. It's free.

• Like 5

Happy Friday Evening :) :) :)

Work is over, the worst thing that happened today is the network drives were infected with Zepto ransomware...

Users are advised to take extra precautions when browsing the web and especially when dealing with newly received emails....

I don't agree with this statement...

Other than that, there is little else to be done than wait for a working decrypter to be released in order to recover your files.

There is something called backup, backup your data every night and perform a total restore from the last successful backup that wasn't infected...Yeah some days data might be lost but that is no big deal. Oh yeah!!!! pull the infected pc and re-image it...

http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/latest-security-news/the-newest-online-threat-zepto-ransomware/

So on the way home I stopped at the local food store and bought a 12 pack of Pilsner Urquell :) :) :) :)

Edited by Steve_S
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Here's a couple of pictures my Son sent....Might not be the best quality but this is what he gets to see hiking in his town...Lucky little Shit....

Man... could you imagine sipping a nice hot cup of coffee :emotion-44: on a brisk morning looking at the scenery...

Were is that Steve?

MKP :-)

Thank you for the PM, I hope you got my response.

• Like 4

All you people with your fancy coffee machines :lol: I'll stick with my old (older than me) Drip-O-Lator coffee maker my grandfather gave me, no filters needed.

Only thing is it's slow, but I am also, were a good match.

Dad had one of those stove top percolators.  We think at best he rinsed it out,maybe, and put in a few scoops of Hills Brothers from the big can.  I think he put it on when he got up to go out to do chores so it was ready when he got in.  Took a thermos full to work?    Always drank it black.  Our youngest likes the Gevalia in the foil pouch from Sweden.   And iced things from Star Bucks etc.  Our oldest has even learned to drink coffee.  My brother Mike and myself don't yet anyway drink coffee.  Love the smell of fresh ground coffee but never have liked the taste.  Not even loaded up with all kinds of sugary syrupy goodies.  

• Like 3

Sneeking in for a quick hello! Have a great fourth weekend everyone! My son is ring bearer for a wedding and then we are retreating for home for the weekend - the fourth is an uber camping weekend up here so we stay home and go when there aren't so many people out! Here's a quick pic of a storm that rolled in yesterday at the rehearsal. It was fun to watch!

post-52637-0-35620000-1467447772_thumb.j

• Like 6

Here's a couple of pictures my Son sent....Might not be the best quality but this is what he gets to see hiking in his town...Lucky little Shit....

Man... could you imagine sipping a nice hot cup of coffee :emotion-44: on a brisk morning looking at the scenery...

Were is that Steve?

MKP :-)

Up around Hailey Idaho...Maybe after I retire I can make my way up there permanently

• Like 4

Good morning everyone  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:

Thought I would put up some fresh photos from earlier this morning...   Here are the components for the coffee, a full pot yields about 5 mugs...   Again, my all glass peculator from Pyrex IMG_9424.jpg Melitta in the basket (with filter due to it's fine grind)IMG_9425.jpg....on the burner IMG_9426.jpg  Finished and served  :smile: IMG_9427.jpg...ah, the steam  :happy: IMG_9428.jpg...here is a from scatch 'French' omelette of organic chives and bread cheese for Chris, veg bacon, Crispy Crowns...IMG_9429_1.jpg...and my veg omelette of garlic, fresh vidallia onion, chives, tomatoes and organic mushrooms, veggie sausage patty ready to bring to the table   :emotion-21: ...........thanks for viewing......all for now.....IMG_9430.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice documentation Gary and everything looks delicious.  I went to breakfast at 7 am at a little place called the Goody Goody House.  Was up early getting the LF off to tennis in the next county.  I usually get the same thing each time....sausage gravy over grilled biscuits with two over medium eggs on top :)

Then over to her new place to continue taking down venetian blinds and brackets.  Kitchen should be completed this week and master bath is underway.  Interior painting started yesterday.

LF and I will be volunteering a couple of hours on the 4th to clean up Masonboro Island off the ICWW. Sadly it is used as a party place and some folks do not clean up after themselves.  The wildlife often suffers because of the trash.  Then later that night my bud from LA has offered the use of his place on the river across from the USS North Carolina to watch the fireworks. 

So there you have it.....how will you guys be celebrating?

post-17365-0-59260000-1467478093_thumb.j

• Like 8

Drank a cup first thing or near it, of course. Nancy over at sister's for the weekend. Ran some cable matters brand cable to NEC int. amp from computer to check the Chorus out with youtube music. Sounding pre

ty darn good so far. Considering listing my SR-7500 local, as I have liked the Marantz but, really have no need for it. Plasma has stereo speaker connections and finding the Panny 80 watt internal amp sufficient to drive the RF-3's at decent level. So, puttering around doing the fun stuff first before I tackle a couple of chores like, vacuuming, cleaning my bathroom, and the all important lawn mowing. Listen to music, watch some Netflix, surf some web. Maybe go over to where she is on the 4th, or just stay here. Decide on selling some bookshelf speakers.

Everyone have a good weekend... :)

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

Thank you Chuck as always!  It is getting time to share new photos of the deck once more.  New, more subdued LED lighting over the plants this year, the LED narrow spots were just SO intense after dark, so, two years of that, and I was ready to make it look a bit more inviting..

Looks like everyone has their weekend pretty much covered.

Today, I started work around the 'estate' with major weeding.  I was pulling up everthing in site that was not flowers and such.  More to go, but I have never used a line trimmer, do have one - an electric which was a gift, but have not fired it up...   

Later, put a fresh blade on the Toro mower, new plug and air filter and set about mowing........now I am pretty wiped and ready for a shower, then some good wine with nosh with our live program on NPR ...  Later meeting up with the usual gang over in RTM for some tunes and friendship :emotion-46::emotion-22::emotion-19::emotion-29: :emotion-29: :emotion-29: ....

No plans for the Fourth, just going to lay low, work on music and since I am the secretary for our motorcycle rider's club, I should be doing the minutes from the last meeting.......what fun :wink:

All for now, time to get cleaned up!

Enjoy your Saturday and evening my friends..

...............Gary

• Like 5

Pensacola Beach is really nice! If you have time, take them to the aviation museum at the NAS. It's free.

As I said, enjoy the beach!

post-5045-0-71580000-1467508475_thumb.jp

• Like 7

That was by the Oceanic pier Dave.  Got there for a "howl at the moon" party on the full moon. One of my first few dates with the LF.

I thought it looked familiar.  Immediately this side (ref your pic) of the pier, is a four plex condo.  My uncle and aunt own one of those condos.  They were hosting the reunion which is why we were in Wrightsville.  Sadly, he passed this week and we will be heading to his funeral next week in Ohio.  I really love that whole area!  The beach is just wonderful!  I agree with you (regarding our phone conversation) leave it alone on the weekends!!  :o Wow!!

It's good to see people are allowed to walk out on the pier again.  I think the last time we were there, it was condemned or at least closed.

• Like 5