Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Well since it's pics of stuff and not really related to crappola. Conrats to Mrs. Bruce, I've been thru that in Atlanta. Women folk arrived unscathed last night, did the school walk thru today and having an adult beverage as I work on the 6th week of a broken a/c. Me in the 70's and Dad in the ?? and Papa from WWII (with Dad in frame) Never really thought about it but that would be WWII > Korea > Vietnam thru Desert Storm.

Mike 75 NAvy.jpg

Dad Navy.jpg

image.jpeg

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Well since it's pics of stuff and not really related to crappola. Conrats to Mrs. Bruce, I've been thru that in Atlanta. Women folk arrived unscathed last night, did the school walk thru today and having an adult beverage as I work on the 6th week of a broken a/c.

Mike 75 NAvy.jpg

Dad Navy.jpg

Airdale eh?

After the rivers in Nam they gave me a choice, alaska or the Midway, i chose Midway and a Snipe rating, simply ask where i would never see an officer again, they said, so you want to be a Snipe eh? sure, whatever that is.......

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's a heck of a lot better invention than hot chocolate.  For me it was a martini and vicodin.

I was thinkin about drinkin with these things, but only one pill one drink in four hours, really is better than a handfull of pills.

• Like 2

Just about time for a rest period.

Generator on hold, had the thought, when is the last time i checked Ammo? hummmmm.

7.62 X 51, @ ammoseek.com, just picked up 500 rounds.

There will be no ammo panics in you're lifetime if you use ammoseek.com.

Im a NoT an Employee of ammoseek, however last week i emailed the owners and thanked them for their brilliant search engine.

I stated to them iv been spreading the word on them for years, hey you owe me a Polo, they sent me one!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Ammoseek has a good price right now. But our Walmart has it even lower with Federal 550 ct brick for $24.95 when you can catch them with some.

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

I go to wallyworld with the wife about every other trip she makes, when they have 22LR, three box limit.

Ammoseek has me fully stocked, delivered.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Loose clothing and rotating machines scare me.  Great pics though!  I'll bet they bring back a lot of memories.

Situational awareness?

Yesterday, i was chewing out some parts that had me leery. The OD was breaking the chips as they should, but the bore was not as friendly. I changed the feed, speeds, and angle of the cutter. Maybe it was the depth of the chipbreaker or the insert. Now the parts are with the customer. The main thing is that I was mindful of is that, in a blink, it can bleed me out before i can call 911.

I have a lifetime of this. Ya'll be careful of machinery that can show you where it was jointed...even the bench top size wins the contest. Bench grinders are only bested by drill presses in making people wipe with the other hand. ...let that sink in. 

• Like 4

Good evening gang

Spect it's time for an evening rest period.

wife cooked up Coscous and Bison meatballs, interesting combo of way too healthy food for me.

Pill/healing time sets in once again.

Four offers out on Scalas currently in Norcal area, just trying to get the parts together.

13718679_1264623530238987_4772965543971861594_n.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, USNRET said:

Well since it's pics of stuff and not really related to crappola. Conrats to Mrs. Bruce, I've been thru that in Atlanta. Women folk arrived unscathed last night, did the school walk thru today and having an adult beverage as I work on the 6th week of a broken a/c. Me in the 70's and Dad in the ?? and Papa from WWII (with Dad in frame) Never really thought about it but that would be WWII > Korea > Vietnam thru Desert Storm.

Mike 75 NAvy.jpg

Dad Navy.jpg

image.jpeg

Though afforded the opportunity, I went a different rout. I can on imagine the experiences that I misses and can only thank you for your readiness.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, minermark said:

Airdale eh?

After the rivers in Nam they gave me a choice, alaska or the Midway, i chose Midway and a Snipe rating, simply ask where i would never see an officer again, they said, so you want to be a Snipe eh? sure, whatever that is.......

i know what a snipe is--you were the guys that cranked up the heating in the deck force’s berthing area until it felt like a sauna. ah, i miss those days--i just wish i would have realized just how much fun i was actually having.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i know what a snipe is--you were the guys that cranked up the heating in the deck force’s berthing area until it felt like a sauna. ah, i miss those days--i just wish i would have realized just how much fun i was actually having.

With that statement i know exactly where you airdales sleep, the last deck down to the machinery spaces.

You think your compartment was warm, we head down to a temp of 118 for a 6 on 6 off watch with a work day.

That part of the Navy i do NOT miss.

• Like 2

MM, there was a guy on here years ago who made a mobile theater he could set up in a big tent. Can't remember what he used... Fortes perhaps. He was part of some nudist colony group.

Those were the days! :blink:

• Like 5