Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

MM, there was a guy on here years ago who made a mobile theater he could set up in a big tent. Can't remember what he used... Fortes perhaps. He was part of some nudist colony group.

Those were the days! :blink:

By golly id have made a road trip to, you know, look at his setup.B)

• Like 4

Afternoon all........Coffee all done.....

Chuck that looks awesome..... very nice....

The BOSS and I will be going to a party this afternoon.... One of the used car guys(Jerry) is having a throw down at his house.... It's his sons graduation party..... but it's just an excuse to throw down...

I will be providing the tunes.... I think I'll just take the EV's over and a little Crown amp.....

Wishing all a great weekend.....

MKP :-)

• Like 6

And here is the proposed A/V room.  The whole house is wired with in wall/ceiling speakers but we are going to set up a modest 2 CH in this room.  Components shown are for the central system.  Thinking of letting her use my Pioneer SX-950 and my Teac X-7R combined with her B&O turntable.  Looking for suitable speakers.....luckily I was next in line for the Heresy shipment Schu received damaged:(.

IMG_1873.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

• Like 7

20 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Where is that?  What are they making?

Who the heck snuck you in there?

My dad had a side business of designing and building large industrial machinery. The machine those parts were for was a box baler. It would press recycled steel (cars, and other scrap) into a 2'x2'x4' two ton cube.  

I guess I snuck myself in there lol 
I have the side business now, and thank him for teaching me. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jweber said:

Great job Tarheel. :emotion-21:

I see the electronics, but no speakers. If you need advice, I know a few people who would recommend a certain brand of speakers.   

As I mentioned earlier I was next in line to get the Heresies that Schu received.  Still looking for a pair but it needs to be a real good deal nd soon.  Her birthday is September 3rd.

• Like 5