Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, teaman said:

Beautiful house tarheel, where is it located? Funny that we looking for a house right now and yours has almost everything we are looking for....hahaha

Tim

Thanks Tim....it's located in Wilmington, NC.  The house is across the street from the Intracoastal Water way.  Some of the houses along that stretch of the ICWW date back to the 1700s.  There is a monument in front of a house that William Hooper lived in.  You may remember him from signing the Declaration of Independence.  Anyway she bought the house in late April and we have been going full speed since.  We have two sets of patio doors to replace and I have to level the pool table a bit then we're done....for now:mellow:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Chuck,

A very beautiful house. Your LF must have mucho dinero... We just priced getting our smallish kitchen redone, and it is more than a quarter what we paid for the house. (which is paid for, actually)

Bruce

Thanks Bruce....I redid my kitchen in 2010 down to the stud walls and like you it cost about a quarter of what I built the house for in 1987. 

• Like 5

Sat evening, and component shopping continues.

Light Coffee perkin.

Scalas on hold till i can go fetch them, no one wants to deliver.

No biggie, at least four deals sighted in @ >$900 Per Pair.

So meanwile there are "Other" goodies to aquire.

Headunit shopping, thinking rack mount for Am/Fm/Cd

Iv got the room overhead and could easily power w/110.

13912698_1262998420400858_6575957047129355693_n.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Tarheel said:

As I mentioned earlier I was next in line to get the Heresies that Schu received.  Still looking for a pair but it needs to be a real good deal nd soon.  Her birthday is September 3rd.

May have won some Heresies for LF's birthday last night on the bay (as Mark says).  Seller did not read my offer completely which stated "split shipping cost" so we will see if he accepts.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

May have won some Heresies for LF's birthday last night on the bay (as Mark says).  Seller did not read my offer completely which stated "split shipping cost" so we will see if he accepts.

Id kick-in for her Birthday. shipping that is........

• Like 3

Good Sunday morning,

Our son, Scott, a DC cop, phoned this morning to share a story about the kind of police work that doesn't get enough media attention.  He works the evening shift.  

Last evening an alert went out for a 20-year-old "artistic" Black male missing since 9am.  After spending hours asking people if they could draw, an autistic male was located in a hospital.

Scott drove the man's older brother to the hospital for a tearful reunion.  The man, who was described as having the cognitive ability of a 5-year-old, was pleased to see his brother.  The nurses and cops all shed tears at the happy successful reunion.  

The man had wandered off some time prior to 9am.  When strangers were unable to communicate with him, he ended up in a hospital.  He was calm, enjoying an abundant supply of juice and graham crackers, when Scott and his brother arrived.  Scott gave them a ride home.

Scott said that is why he's a cop; to serve and protect the community.  I wonder if it was captured on body-cam.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Good Sunday morning,

Our son, Scott, a DC cop, phoned this morning to share a story about the kind of police work that doesn't get enough media attention.  He works the evening shift.  

Last evening an alert went out for a 20-year-old "artistic" Black male missing since 9am.  After spending hours asking people if they could draw, an autistic male was located in a hospital.

Scott drove the man's older brother to the hospital for a tearful reunion.  The man, who was described as having the cognitive ability of a 5-year-old, was pleased to see his brother.  The nurses and cops all shed tears at the happy successful reunion.  

The man had wandered off some time prior to 9am.  When strangers were unable to communicate with him, he ended up in a hospital.  He was calm, enjoying an abundant supply of juice and graham crackers, when Scott and his brother arrived.  Scott gave them a ride home.

Scott said that is why he's a cop; to serve and protect the community.  I wonder if it was captured on body-cam.

Believe it or not 95% of law enforcement is involved with community all the time.

Cop's do not have friend's like the public at large enjoys, we pretty much hang together for most functions in life.

Firefighters are a little more "Loose" some of us have friends in that trade.

Cop's stopping by your house at random times such as a friend would do, freaks a lot of people out.

Scott, did NOT learn this wile being on the force, he learned it from the way he was brought up.

Dont sell yourself short, well done:emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Marvel said:

Chuck,

A very beautiful house. Your LF must have mucho dinero... We just priced getting our smallish kitchen redone, and it is more than a quarter what we paid for the house. (which is paid for, actually)

Bruce

Agreed.  That's why I'm limited to doing one room at a time and doing all the work myself.  Parts alone are bad enough.  I've just about got enough to start our master bedroom.  Everything has been purchased except for a door and a fan.

• Like 3

We're still negotiating... our kitchen is going down to the studs, everything is coming out. All original kitchen from 1962 (except the stove and fridge). Labor is sitting at $14k due to the work involved. Original owner at some point put in carpet. We're probably just going to bite the bullet and get it done.

If I did it myself it would take a good six months.<_<

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 8/20/2016 at 7:32 AM, Marvel said:

MM, there was a guy on here years ago who made a mobile theater he could set up in a big tent. Can't remember what he used... Fortes perhaps. He was part of some nudist colony group.

Those were the days! :blink:

It might have been a nut called Horn Ed.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You have a point, but we can't do without a kitchen for six months and we would be eating out a lot. PLUS, the wife wouldn't go for that long a mess.

Very true and that's not even counting the headaches that seem to pop up when doing a job like that, stuff happens.

• Like 3

It was weird living with the kitchen cabinets sitting around our living room for nearly a month, but we got through it. Our DIY remodel was from the subfloor up. New tile floor, all new appliances, new sink, and new counter tops. We have really enjoyed the upgrades though. Many ways to get the job done and your way was the right way for you.

• Like 5