Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

40 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Geeze, no comments this afternoon? You guys must be taking your Sunday afternoon naps? ;)

A Nap would have been cheaper...

Just back in from campworld, got to play with some "Headunits" Jensen stereo was kickazz but $600 bones was not cutting for me, so i played with a few, jotted down the model numbers, sales chick is asking me WTF?

Told her i can do better, and i did. same Jensen that impressed me i hit Amazon for 3bones. well worth it.

Easy to operate and has a weather band.

5th wheel system as planned:

Jensen RV/Marine head unit.

250WPc QSC SS Amp.

Pair of Scalas

Neighbors think they can escape to the outback and get away from my wife and her Celtic music, they got another thing comin....

Now ...about that Nap:P

• Like 4

My daughter and I just went out looking at a few Open Houses. We have an itch to move and want a larger lot if not acreage. After looking at three we came home disappointed. I will never understand how people list their homes for sale with small imperfections that they could fix in an afternoon. Why not fix it and give potential buyers nothing to complain about...

Rant over....hahaha

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

So when you and LF tying the knot? :o

Come on now.

He aint sayin NOTHING about that.

Chuck must know by now she may "happen across" this forum from time to time, as does my wife.

She's a smart girl, making sure we keep him in line and dialed in on coffee and speakers. 

13886880_1278111782223495_1245744656114801069_n.jpg

• Like 5

Evening Gang

Just up from the four hour rest.

Amazing, every time i get up, a little less pain.

Wife snck-out to thunder Valley to feed the hungry Indians.

On-ward

Shopping for powered roof vents for the RV.

My god man those things go from $13.50  to well over $400 w/remote control! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Five Guys utilizes the pre-fry technique. They cook the fries about 1/2 way before they are needed. Then cooked again just before serving. Yes, I'm a plethora of useless information.

That is certainly not useless info!!  That's the only way to make great fries, both out, and in the home.

• Like 3

I likes 5 Guys burgers and fries.  Been on a burger quest leading me to other places for gourmet burgers.  One had pulled pork and fried pickles on top of the burger.....one had mac and cheese.

Won some Heresy ll's on the bay about an hour ago.  Sniped them at 12 seconds left.....love doing that.  Local of all places.  No shipping:)   Suppose to have some scratches on the sides from a bad house cat....we will see.  Toe'em in right and she won't notice.  Got to hide them till 9-3.....give me time to clean them up good.  What's good to oil the wood with? 

• Like 7

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I likes 5 Guys burgers and fries. 

Never tried 5 Guys, but I do love a good burger. Forum member Kevin has some really good ones made locally, half deer, half ground brisket and perfect seasoning, very juicy.

• Like 4

Good Monday morning my friends....   :emotion-44:

Looks like lots going on here.............nice speaker winning Chuck, and glad you got to enjoy a dinner in the 'new' LF's home!   

Mark, let us know how that combo sounds once you get it installed.

Kitchen upgrades:   we have been going at it slowly, mostly a conversion to gas from electric as you all know,  range and fridge matching.  Now, new paint and colors to come, and a new range hood in gloss black to match the range on the way.  Can't seem to find a contractor to duct it to the outside!  Up through cabinets, into attic, across dining room rafters, side wall exit over garage.   Guess I will have to wait until fall when attic temps are better for workers......:dry:

On Five Guys.......They actually sold me a veggie burg, which consisted of all the fixin's without the meat.   The fries are cooked in peanut oil and usually served in HUGE amounts!   (in take out orders, the paper container is totally submerged under the fries!)

OK, back to the grind after a three night concert performance schedule for the band..... and time to begin getting ready for our annual vacation trip to my dad's down in Chuck's state :cool:  (N.C.)

Have a good day everyone.

.................Gary

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Marvel said:

We're still negotiating... our kitchen is going down to the studs, everything is coming out. All original kitchen from 1962 (except the stove and fridge). Labor is sitting at $14k due to the work involved. Original owner at some point put in carpet. We're probably just going to bite the bullet and get it done.

If I did it myself it would take a good six months.<_<

Took me 8 months to do my bathroom.  Weekends and nights don't give you much work time especially when you consider everything else in your life that goes on.  We had the luxury of having another 1 and a half bathrooms to use during the renovation.

• Like 3

Good morning all. The rain continues today. This is not normal for August in San Antonio. Usually by now, we are in 100+ temps and stage II water rationing. Right now we are in the 80's and the aquifer is going up almost a foot a day. I'm not complaining. It is a nice change. Still it is keeping me from picking up the Baltic birch for my Cornwall III build.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Wardsweb said:

Good morning all. The rain continues today. This is not normal for August in San Antonio. Usually by now, we are in 100+ temps and stage II water rationing. Right now we are in the 80's and the aquifer is going up almost a foot a day. I'm not complaining. It is a nice change. Still it is keeping me from picking up the Baltic birch for my Cornwall III build.

We will take the excess rain.

90s/100s and damm dry, a normal Calif summer.

Filling the pool at the moment.

Wife is up telling me to give the "Mouse" a rest, being on light duty, mouse seems to be effortless and my best friend.

Coffee flowin, third cup and energy level is norm, Bay shopping continuing.

13903272_1278307615537245_2039413277124460435_n.jpg

• Like 6

Meeting the speaker guy at 11:15.  He wants to meet at a police sub station not far from me:o  Guess he thinks the old tarheel may wrestle those speakers away without paying:mellow:  Actually not a bad place to meet.

Okay gents help me with the veneer chip at bottom left and a good cleaning/oiling plan.  They are a birthday surprise for the little lady.

• Like 4