Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Then again Boxx's Jubs cost as much as the pool, I just don't know how I can convince my wife and kids how Jubs are just as COOL as a Pool.

Now that would be a stretch, doubt anyone could pull that off.

Someone gave the grandkids a 15'x 48" quick pool, they were moving, the kind where you just blow up the outside ring and fill with water so I put it up for them. It came with a saltwater filter and I had never used one before so after reading it ended up being much cheaper than anything I tried before with other pools.

Get the salt level right and the little filter creates chlorine from salt water, I have yet to do anything with it except to clean the little cartridge filter and it is clear and in full sun all day.

• Like 3

Bet if I won

I am sure you would get a call, but if you won, UPS ladies would be lining up at your door also, not that it's what you really need, well short term would be great but not long term. :D

211-upsgirl.jpg

Where is the 'Want This' button?

It only gets better since the more you order the more girls they send..... :emotion-19::emotion-21:

ups_girls.jpg

post-36163-0-49820000-1405049463_thumb.p

post-36163-0-19900000-1405049494_thumb.p

post-36163-0-09540000-1405049510_thumb.p

• Like 2

Think I might order an 18 year old from Russia. Have been told she will have super model good looks and love to cook and clean.

Sounds good to me.

Might be expensive, if it were cheap everyone would have one. :o I would rather have 2 36 year olds :D , is that how it works ?

I have to say that I commend you on your math prowess and you deserve an A+

• Like 1

Then again Boxx's Jubs cost as much as the pool, I just don't know how I can convince my wife and kids how Jubs are just as COOL as a Pool.

Now that would be a stretch, doubt anyone could pull that off.

Someone gave the grandkids a 15'x 48" quick pool, they were moving, the kind where you just blow up the outside ring and fill with water so I put it up for them. It came with a saltwater filter and I had never used one before so after reading it ended up being much cheaper than anything I tried before with other pools.

Get the salt level right and the little filter creates chlorine from salt water, I have yet to do anything with it except to clean the little cartridge filter and it is clear and in full sun all day.

Believe it or not, that is the exact pool I am running at this very moment, filter and salt water conversion unit also, it was brand new and have had it in the garage for three years, kids did not ask for it in the last few years, so I just stored it, bought it on the Bay, whole set up less than $300.

And last two years, with care.

Water temp is currently 82, today with temps at 100+, it's pretty dam nice to take a dip.

Level, dead level is the key.

• Like 1

Fjd........love your UPS girls or I should say would love to love them. Bottom left butt shot is frameable.

Troll invasion alert!

There has been a song in my head each of the last three days. This morning its C-Lo Greens song Crazy performed by Gnarls Barkley with Danger Mouse.

A quick shower and off to breakfast.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 1

• Moderators
filter and salt water conversion unit also

That was the only problem I had when I first put it up was the amount of salt, I put the amount described in the little book for that size pool. We got some salt level test strips and it read 1900 ppm so I added more salt which brought it to 2200ppm, still below where it should be 2500-3500. But the little saltwater converter said it was to much salt so I drained a little and added fresh water, works fine ever since, so I don't use the test strips anymore. I only check for chlorine and it's stays fine with the converter running 2 hours a day.

Years ago with other pools it was chlorine, then switching to something called baquacil which was much easer, but salt seems to be the best, so far.

I did my best to talk them out of the pool but I lost the fight, as I thought it's only me taking care of it, I have been in it once for 10 minutes. I think the people who gave it to them were OCD, it was packaged in the box like new with every paper and attachment it came with, I don't know how they even got It back in the box to start with, I couldn't do it.

When I want to swim I jump in the pond in the back yard, I do like to float in the pond leaving an ice chest on the bank for refills, paddle over refill paddle off, haven't done it this year, yet.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

I have a gal I work with, her husband is trying to get into the pool installation and maintenance business. I have him looking into a 18-21' pool, and am going to see what he says about the salt water thing. I know some above ground pool companies will void warranty if salt is used. Maybe its needed to have the right set up.

• Like 1

I have a gal I work with, her husband is trying to get into the pool installation and maintenance business. I have him looking into a 18-21' pool, and am going to see what he says about the salt water thing. I know some above ground pool companies will void warranty if salt is used. Maybe its needed to have the right set up.

No matter the size of pool, inground or above, go with Salt, you will save money big time and never buy chemicals in your life.

Maybe some Dry pool acid to balance the Ph is the only adjustment I make, conversion unit runs maybe 3 hours per day.

Pool water taste about as salty as a teardrop. and you can open your eyes underwater with zero problems.

• Moderators

It's called Pool salt, :D don't know about water softener salt, it's like $6 for 40 pounds, a 15'x 48" takes less than 100 pounds.

The filter that converts salt water to chlorine does not remove the salt, evaporation does not remove it either only physically removing the water does.

• Like 1

• Moderators

^^^ All those snappers, snappin' at your feet...

And other things.

No snappers in the pond, I keep the turtle population low and the only fish are perch, bass and Koi, no snapping turtles for sure.

In all the years since we added to pond I have only had two problems, both were alligators :o but they were both under 4' and quickly removed.

Edit; we do see an occasional snake but it's usually just swimming to the other side and they do go out there way to avoid people.

I bet everyone would jump in if that UPS girl were swimming out there and called you to join in ! :emotion-55:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2