Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

:o

But seriously neither did I til a few years ago.

The HIIs are better balanced than the originals, though. I'm still surprised at how much bass I have with mine (in a good way).

Bruce

• Like 3

1 hour ago, teaman said:

Nice Heresy II's Tarheel. I wouldn't worry much about the small issues. Enjoy them!

I'm enjoying them teaman....a bunch.  I'm anal about little imperfections and ordinarily would have held out for a mint pair.  But I'll adjust. 

What were the changes from ll to lll......anyone know?

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I'm enjoying them teaman....a bunch.  I'm anal about little imperfections and ordinarily would have held out for a mint pair.  But I'll adjust. 

What were the changes from ll to lll......anyone know?

Specs are hard for me to find anymore but I know the woofers are different, different crossover and I believe different diaphragm materials.

• Like 3

Ah, Monday afternoon, Wallbanger for OJ needs.

Shopping the Bay, Yes AGAIN.

Told the wife sometime back, in her, "Queens Lair" she will have TOTAL control of sound.

Ya'know me being slightly off kilter from earthling(s) thought pattern(s), i just HAD to give her TOTAL control.

See how she likes this array of knobs, my BUD @ salesbaron on ebay set me up.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 5

Funny I was just thinking how cohesive the sound was as compared to my LS/Altec combo. Doesn't dig quite as deep but more together for lack of a better word.  Maybe I need to play with my xover  taps.  Maybe I can take a pic and see what you gents think.

Was just thinking about Deneen and his near field listening with JBLs.  Seems the Heresy would be ideal for that. 

• Like 4

Wallbanger Done.

PreAmp Done.

Shopping Done for now.

Should fill my allotted room in the rear of the trailer.

Scalas shopping continuing, wife will still not let me fetch.

This Pre should do nicely, got lot's of knob's too!.........Hey that what she ASK FOR!

fdgt.jpg

• Like 3

Good evening friends...   Looks like some good PRO gear there Mark...

CHUCK, the Heresy's look great, and I wanted to take this photo only moments ago for you... These two alone are all I used on my KHorns to make them look like brand new!  For the corners where the veneer is worn, these stain markers work wonders and are not expensive at all...   For the overall finish, for which I do mine a couple times a year, I highly recommend this Pledge 'revitalizing oil'  product!  Will really warm up the finish and help to cover and scratches that are fine and NOT needing the stain sticks...   It is what made them look so good for that photo you see over in Chad's area for suggesting grill and wood veneer ideas...

Hope you can find it...

Best regards,

GaryIMG_9566.jpg

• Like 5

Good evening gang

All components for the wife's "New" system are shipping.

Will start my Scala search again this evening. should be able to lift things by Sat.

Slight change of "Mounting" plans, went to move the QSC1700, it's an AMP! it's 55Lbs!:o

Holy cow, spaced that one big time for scoping in where i want to place it.

That overhead space will need to be beefed up big time.

• Like 5

This is the bass cabinet BEFORE oil treatment (Note:  looks good and clean, but light in walnut color)IMG_9351.jpg....and here, AFTER treatment........rich and color deep with a nice shine....you can always run down again with a clean cloth, but I just let them sit like thisIMG_9349.jpg

• Like 5

.....can you believe there is a fine walnut veneer INSIDE the treble section?!?  So, I oiled that too!IMG_9357.jpgand here, complete with ORIGINAL Klipsch white zipcord of 1968, and rebuilt type 'A' crossovers thanks to Bob Cretes.  His tweeter is in there somewhere too :emotion-21:IMG_9367.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Okay gents the Heresies are in the house.  Quickly hooked them up to the Pioneer SX-950 and a R2R.  The music was recorded at 3 3/4 on a not so good system and it sounded as expected.  So I move the speakers to the other end of the room and hooked them up to the main system.  Not bad at all.  Heresies and a sub is that what you fellows do?  Never had a sub before.

Some cabinet issues as I will show but not serious and since they will be towed in you won't see them unless you look real good.  They sound decent with some Amos Lee flowing through the CD/DAC.

IMG_1883.JPG

What am I seeing to the left of the tweeter?

• Like 3