Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning. Looks like it is yard day. Going to mow and edge, before it gets hot. Need to trim the trees that are to close to the power line and about to rub the roof.  Then go over to my neighbor's house and replace a toilet valve for her. When all the work is done, it will be time for a drink and some tunes. Speaking of tunes, I posted a picture of my main system in the 2 channel forums.

• Like 9

Ditto on yard day. Should have cut the grass as soon as we got back from vacation but blew it off. Gonna pay for that one today.

Speaking of vacation, we did find a vinyl shop and picked up what I'd guess is a VG+ copy of a Johnny Cash album from Sun Records. Played it twice so far ....good stuff.

Have a great rest of the weekend guys.

• Like 7

This entire summer up until last week was hot and dry...and pretty much mosquito free. The last two weeks we have had torrential downpours on at least four occasions, now the mosquitoes are swarming. I literally got bit about twenty times taking the dogs out behind the house. I was killing them in my ears and my back of my neck along with my arms and legs have welts on them from lines of mosquito bites....terrible...

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, teaman said:

This entire summer up until last week was hot and dry...and pretty much mosquito free. The last two weeks we have had torrential downpours on at least four occasions, now the mosquitoes are swarming. I literally got bit about twenty times taking the dogs out behind the house. I was killing them in my ears and my back of my neck along with my arms and legs have welts on them from lines of mosquito bites....terrible...

Same here teaman.  I live next to 15 acres of woods and the mosquitos on that side are particularly bad.  Jake doesn't seem to notice them.  He is on heartworm pills which is suppose to kill new larvae.  Hope so!

• Like 8

Morning gang...

Yesterday was spent in the yard and so will today..... The main goal is to take care of the fire wood.... 

Started off moving the old stack left over from last year and cleaning up the "stack site"...... uncovered a wasp nest in a old rail road tie.... that slowed me down a bit.....they were no match for a can of brake cleaner.... I only got stung once:(

Then it was sorting the wood that has to be split from the wood I can just throw in the fire.....I'm thinking once I split all the wood it'll be enough for the year...

So yesterday was just me..... my yard and the trusty Wheel Horse and cart..... was a good day:D

Later....

MKP :-)

IMG_20160827_170812.jpg

• Like 9

I'd venture that a stern STFU will set the stage for what comes next. Either indeed things will get quiet OR much louder. And in today's environment probably very confrontational. More than likely the few drinks they have consumed won't help matters.

• Like 5

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Tigerman said:

dtel, who is your 'Sales Tech' ? 

I really couldn't tell you, my wife talked to them and was impressed with the call, I don't do the phone thing, except a few time a year, kids birthdays or mine and fathers day.

I did get a Progear catalog in the mail and it had his name on the outside it but I didn't pay attention. When he asked what brought me to Sweetwater I told him what i needed and he asked about our hobby, he was told to check out this forum since he was a musician and loves audio. 

Forgot about the little pack of candy, that was a surprise also, thoughtful company. 

• Like 5

Good afternoon from Black Rock Desert.

Been up 20+ hours running on Starbucks.

Wife and i are heading back down to Reno in the morning or whenever i wake up.

My Bud/Hanger mate, owns the Fiber Co, runs the entire WiFi network for the event.

He has been running on 30+ hours, we are now sitting in his Class"A" having a shot of Lagavulin16 (will likely finish bottle)

Firing up the Maduro's.

No big Band(s) here, kind of sucks for music.

Some huge systems can be heard at a mile. im just not into "NewAge/RaP" at 8k watts

(Maybe when we get wasted< i'll ask what he makes on this Gig.)

Late.

• Like 7

Good evening my friends.................well, this will be my last message from MA.   Next up, N.C. ^_^

dTel, I mis spoke on that one.............I thought about what I said, and they are called 'Sales Engineers' ..  Most all of them are players and I have actually gotten personable with mine as well.............His name is Mike Baldonado....  'taliano like myself :biggrin:

Mark, keep going with the goodtimes (O:

Pete, did you note the large hall with the pipe organ ?   Many large mansions around this country have pipe organs and player system from the early days running them!  It was a source of entertainment for the well to do.   The blower room is down on the lower floor next to the kitchen...   When we were there, it was playing, but ended once we got into the hall...   

Ok, bed time by 9pm. sharp to make our schedule of waking up at 2:45am !  :wacko:

See you from North Carolina :emotion-21:

..........Gary

• Like 7