Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Very little there Tarheel so, use as much as you want...:) externally...

Have sprayed it on cats and dogs for skin irritants( not eyes) and flea / bug backup.

See you and others here using Heartguard and other pro-meds which, is

a good thing. If we had kept it up with our lab Xena, she may still be around.

White vinegar for external. A good quality apple cider for  people have

many good health benefits, per a sister who really is into it. Just a very little bit of the

internal on a daily, semi-daily is a good blood purifier, pro-digestive. Proceed with caution though as,

I just mostly do research on the computer. It needs to be cut with water for the not as higher quality stuff for internal. Can burn stomach if taken straight. I use it to spray my legs and arms when going

outside as mosquitos do not like. If I forget and get bit, I use it afterwards. Cools and stops

the itch for me. We also use Grape Wine vinegar(not the red) on our salads sometime instead of making our own. Appears it has been around for centuries.

Opps, got carried away....Cheers:)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Cooking a 3 1/2 pound chuck roast using Pioneer Woman's recipe.  I added quartered sweet potatoes to her carrots and onions.  3 hours at 275 degrees.....lower than I'm use to.

Will let LF be the critic.....

And in case you still think I'm a wild and crazy guy.....I also gave Jake a bath.  Life in the slow lane:huh:

back when i was first married, i was at my grandma’s house. the wife got sick and i decided to try to cook something for dinner. my grandma comes into the kitchen with a $20 and told me to go buy myself a dress.  full blooded Portuguese from the Old Country--she did not like seeing a man cook or clean.

i was spoiled as a kid.  She’d bring me coffee while i was in bed, turn on the tv, and i’d drink my coffee while breakfast was being prepared. While i was eating, my bed was being made. That all stopped when i got adopted into the non-portuguee half of my family.  I was nine years old when i got adopted by relatives that were basically total strangers to me (Dad’s will said i was to go live with his brother). They had three daughters. I remember shortly after moving in with them, i was heading out one saturday to play. I was stopped and asked if i had cleaned my bedroom. I was shocked. I’d literally never cleaned a thing in my life. I said the wrong thing (to a Mom), “why do i have to clean my room when there are four girls living here?”  That’s when it sank in that i wasn’t living in a Portuguese household anymore. 

• Like 5

Evening gang

Big trucks, Puppies getting bathed and Ward has a nice TT.

Just back-in from Reno, man i feel Goood to be removed from the Masses.

Two new Honda Gen sets sitting here, Pre-amp, EQ, all kinds of RV elect adapters all UPS/FedEx i guess.

Found YellowJackets/Wasps digging new dwelling underground in the backyard.

Now where did i put that bag of Wyoming Blackcats :ph34r2:

1382396_577486892287306_1507642372_n.jpg

• Like 6

Oh yeah, my Bid came in for a new toy.

Will be going to see it wend and must make a buy-it/leave-it decision on the spot.

I will have first wack at this, KTM250 w/10 hours, forgot what year.

Wife is ok with Dirt bike, no more road bikes.

I think $3K was reasonable, what Say you?

This is a stock internet photo, NOT the exact one im thinking about.

ktm-250-02.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

The bike pictured is a 2 stroke, is that what you're interested in? I've always been a 4 stroke fan myself.

You are indeed correct.

My (Possible) purchase will be 4stroke, Liquid cooled. dont even know the year.

Only heard about this bike, first time seeing it will be Wend.

I WILL pull the 5th wheel hitch >just-in-case i come home with it.

>Just grabbed the first google image that came up for a 250<

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Too bad I'm too old and fat to ride it much.

I grew up on a Husky and then KDX 250 two stroke, let's just say, Around the twentynine palms area.

Currently 220Lbs, and enjoying life, weight does not seem to bother the Doc's.

KTM250 "Should" be able to powwer my azz as fast as i care to go these days.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

I'm pushing 3 bills and don't even go to the doc :) Dirt bikes can be fun especially if you have a friend who can ride too.

250 0r 400 even better would do it.

Im not a "Going to the Doc kind of guy"

Kaiser has informed me over the years, my Primary Doc has changed 11 times and i never met ONE untill of course week before last on the 17th Hernia operation.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Golly Big Stew, you were spoiled rotten!

That’s the culture of the prior generation. Some of it rather sad, my grandmother sat in a chair in front of the window for 15 years waiting to die. She wore only black. My aunt told me that for her generation back in the Azore Islands (where she was born and raised), a woman’s job was to raise her children and take care of her husband. My grandfather was dead and her children all grown, so in her mind, her purpose in life was fulfilled. Kinda sad if you ask me.  But yeah, being a male child, i was rather spoiled. 

My ex-wife would have nothing to do with all that “old country” stuff. Once while visiting my Aunt & Uncle, my ex was getting up to go into the other room. I asked her if she’d get me a beer while she was up. My uncle said, “You know, if you would have married a Portugee gal, she would have already have gotten you another beer before you were half-way through with that one.”  From then on, i had to get my own beer.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, minermark said:

Enjoying the evening at home.

Killing Wasps, surfing for "Good" lawn/Camping chairs.

Have not yet chimed into the local Scala offerings as of yet.

Maybe this weekend i scale the roof of the 5th wheel. many/many things to do.

21430_547664071936255_409649587_n.jpg

hey Mark--was just thinking of you a minute ago,  saw some La Scalas in Roseville listed on Craigslist. But turns out it was only the bottoms for $230.  There is a pair in Modesto for a grand and the ad says to make a reasonable offer and he’ll consider it.  Very tempting and if it was OC, SD, or LA, I’d be all over them. really nice pair of Belles in Monterey; but, pricey ($2700).

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

hey Mark--was just thinking of you a minute ago,  saw some La Scalas in Roseville listed on Craigslist. But turns out it was only the bottoms for $230.  There is a pair in Modesto for a grand and the ad says to make a reasonable offer and he’ll consider it.  Very tempting and if it was OC, SD, or LA, I’d be all over them. really nice pair of Belles in Monterey; but, pricey ($2700).

Yep, iv been seeing the normal glut of these last week.

Those Roseville "Bottoms" have been posted on and off for going on two years!

Scalas are everywhere now days.

30+ years was the norm for age, every pair we purchased. now they are 40+-.

Sold every refurb pair to a bud at the same or less price, guess we like to travel.

I can remember driving to and discovering Bandon for a pair of splits a few years back, then i was shopping for a standard scalas pair, sona0fabiotch, if i did not end up back in Bandon, same guy as the splits.

Not really in any hurry at this point, iv got to start at the roof and work my way to the wheels on this critter before i trust a road outing.

Took a big chance driving down to Flagstaff, hooking up and pulling 750+ miles back up here, zero problems. i trusted the seller, church going youngin he was.

Trailer, Bike, Trailer, oh yeah lets not forget the ongoing battle with Wasps.

• Like 6

Good Tuesday morning to Ya.

Coffee tasting mighty fine, and a Pot cleaning is in order today.

Should be done with this "Light Duty" crap, Sat i figure, slowly launch back into the retirement mode.

It seems i was correct in my guessing the 5th wheel may contain an illegal immigrant, placed a little "Decon" in there a few weeks back >Mouse< got him.

30+ hours i should/hope/maybe fetch that KTM, wife say's im sounding like maybe not, my call.

She must have spotted me looking at these new "Raptor's" 4wheel drive's from hell!

They look like fun, im thinking she might wish to putt around with me. i better figure that out quick.

14079893_848420878622572_6009200478393003287_n.jpg

• Like 8

Happy Tuesday all.

Steve, I'm starting to understand you a little more every time you post about your past.  Too funny.

Mark, be careful when the powerband hits and be sure you're on the front half of the seat.

Jeff, you gotta post a recent picture of you tooling around on your scooter,

Jim, Thanks!

Gotta run, Tuesday calls.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Happy Tuesday all.

Steve, I'm starting to understand you a little more every time you post about your past.  Too funny.

Mark, be careful when the powerband hits and be sure you're on the front half of the seat.

Jeff, you gotta post a recent picture of you tooling around on your scooter,

Jim, Thanks!

Gotta run, Tuesday calls.

Power Band?

Im sure you mean the two stroke KDX Kawi i had, or any two stroke for that matter.

Laid down on the gas tank and took it up to well over 80 on a dry lake, almost every trip to "Blow-it-out".

Four stroke will be the norm from now on, Honda's preferred, but this KTM comes from the owner/dealer, and that alone for parts/sourcing is worth a looksee. that and the dealer is like two miles from me.

• Like 4