Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon gang...

Got up late.....just drinking 1st cup.......

Don't know what I'll get into today...... still got a bunch of wood to split and stack..... maybe clean the house up a bit..... I still have the old wood shelves that I need to get rid of.... might be another fire in the 55 gal barrel later tonight ;)

We are going out to dinner tonight with my old shop helper and his wife... We are celebrating his promotion..... He is now a district manager of 13 Mr.Tires stores here in Maryland. I'm very proud of this guy..... He's done alot of dumb shitt but he's seems to really got his stuff together... Years ago I helped him get a job at the old Honda dealer ship I worked at..... Well along story short... He got busted at the dealership for selling marijuana.... yea... what the #&$! ...... Lets just say he didn't make me look real good with all my Honda buds.... and that my friends is just the tip of the iceberg with some of the crapp I've been through with this guy.... Anyway I've always stuck behind him, knowing that he is a good guy and really smart.... over the years I have had to bring his 6' 4" a$$ down to my size a few times :o

Well it looks like our weather will be OK here in central Md.... maybe some clouds and a chance of showers... but for the most part it'll be good.

OK.... The BOSS just yelled at me saying she's starting a movie..... looks like I'll be watching a movie....

Later...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

What's up gang.  Lunch break here.  I've developed some shovel blisters,from putting the underground in.  Seems my hands don't get very calloused from pushing pens.  Feels good to do this type of work though.  Hopefully I'll have everything in the ground by this evening.

• Like 5

^ with two days to spare in the holiday weekend. Outstanding. Me? I'm trying to find the wires that the electrician(hopefully) put in for power to my entry gate. There's a 20 amp breaker in the panel labeled "garage" and when I turn it off I lose nothing in the garage. So hopefully its strung over close to conduits that lead down the driveway. I've already found a Cat 5 for phone and a coax (for video monitoring?) so hopefully the power is close by. Wish me luck.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, babadono said:

^ with two days to spare in the holiday weekend. Outstanding. Me? I'm trying to find the wires that the electrician(hopefully) put in for power to my entry gate. There's a 20 amp breaker in the panel labeled "garage" and when I turn it off I lose nothing in the garage. So hopefully its strung over close to conduits that lead down the driveway. I've already found a Cat 5 for phone and a coax (for video monitoring?) so hopefully the power is close by. Wish me luck.

Check and make sure your wires are indeed "Dead" at the entry gate before proceeding.

If i cannot find a breaker quickly, i just shut the whole house down and pull the panel, place a circuit tracer beeper at the gate, go to panel and the right one will "Chirp" at me.

Of course you're problem "Could Be Worse" an in Pic below.... 

13335696_10104632773626368_7697186334551276636_n.jpg

• Like 7

Those are Hermine pictures taken at Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks.  I use to have breakfast on the Avalon pier when I was vacationing at the cottage.  Jockey's Ridge is where a lots of folks go to get certified for hang gliding.  Then you can go to Grandfather Mountain on the other end of the state, show your license, and then jump.

• Like 7

Morning/Afternoon all.....

Such a nice moring..... sitting here on the deck sipping on some coffee.... the air has that coolness to it....

Stoney and his brother (Boney) joined us on the deck for coffee.... They have never been on the deck before.....So it's quite an adventure for them....

Not much going on....just chillin....it's good to just chill;)

A good day to all.....check in later....

MKP :-)

IMG_20160904_113326-1.jpg

• Like 8

We had a little get together at LF's new place last night with members of our Wednesday night dinner group to celebrate LF's birthday.  She cooked six pork tenderloins on the green egg.....marinated and garnished with sprigs of rosemary.  Everyone brought a dish or two so there was plenty to eat.....and drink:o

One gent wanted to go up to the billiard room and take a shot at the title.  After three defeats I suggested we rejoin the guest and he said no so we shot seven games of eight ball before he won a game and we could quit:huh:  Title retained:)

So not a bad weekend.  Dodged most of the storm....two nights of great food...friends over....LF's new to her Heresies....and the house got great reviews. 

Cheers all.....

• Like 8

Good afternoon my friends.............we have returned to the northeast, all looks good.  Auto watering system took care of all the hanging deck plants and one of my neighbors watered the two each side of the front doors.  Another neighbor collected our mail so we were covered nicely..  :)

Loaded most everything from the SUV into the house that was needed, but still some items remain to empty...

Looks like you had a great time there Chuck, glad all has worked out well in the LF's new home!, and Mark's 'house warming' sweets were generous for sure :emotion-21:..

MKP, that is an impressive truck!  Looks like we could add    '...and wheels' to our forum's title !

Ok, we have this early performance at a town fairground about an hour's drive from here tomorrow, it may be rainy and MUDDY from what we hear, but the show must go on..

I am rusty after being away from the instruments over the past week or so........time to print up the setlist and start going over it...   ....and then, since the RTM'ers have tomorrow off, we are holding another listening session there TONIGHT should anyone care to add a post to the group.   It has been a while for me, so I look forward to relaxing with some tunes and friends there starting at the usual time of 8:30pm. eastern...

Enjoy your day everyone.............more later...

.............g

• Like 8

Chuck... There's a hang gliding spot on the west side of Lookout Mountain, has folks come from all over the world to jump from. I'm sure Grandfather Mtn. is a good spot too. My older son works at the foot of Grandfather Mountain, and loves the area.

Bruce

• Like 5

On 9/3/2016 at 11:32 AM, babadono said:

I'm trying to find the wires that the electrician(hopefully) put in for power to my entry gate.

Found all my wires! Yea! Now to get the wires pulled down to the street/gate. Guys are supposed to be here tomorrow morning (on a Holiday?) to get that done. We'll see.

But today its party time with my Goddaughter and her folks. See ya later.

• Like 3