Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Went to see Joe Smothers playing at Ted's on the Cape Fear River last night.

Sounds like fun, I love going to see local bands in small venues it much more personal than a arena or stadium.

Your not helping by telling us about the neighbor only making it worse. Imagination can be a terrible thing

• Like 3

Bummer Mark. I had takeout from a deli for lunch and Salmon with mojito Sauce from Trader Joe's for dinner. Had a good day as outlined in the thread "A Gift".

Still doing the 8 O'clock/coconut cream/stevia routine.

A bit of sun shine this morning :)

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents!

• Like 2

Still playing LPs from my gift. The first four were good....the next two scratchy. Any good ideas about uses for unlistenable records?

The lady friend liked the pops and tics.....said they are nostalgic.

Another nice day on tap. Feeling lucky....may buy some lottery tickets.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 1

While having my second cup and listening to the words to Tommy by The Who on CNBC I wondered if the words would have to be altered to reflect the zeitgeist or politically correct environment of today? The line "that deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball"......would that now read "that hearing impaired, vocally challenged, visually impaired adolescent sure plays an aggressive pinball and always shares with his team mates".

Doesn't really roll off the tongue now does it?

:emotion-44: X 2

• Like 4

• Moderators

Never got to drinking coffee. Should I start now at 50?

Depends, how are you doing with habits that are hard to quit, have many ? :blush2: If not give it a taste and see what you think, since your new at this keep the habit simple, if nothing else just to make it easier in the long run. :lol:

• Like 1

Another day in the trenches....the retirement trenches that is. Gonna be a beautiful one for anything out doors. Maybe an hour or two volunteering at the library, meet lady friend for lunch, take a long walk.......

Now for cup number two.

• Like 2

I wondered if the words would have to be altered to reflect the zeitgeist or politically correct environment of today?

Dire Straits was in the same boat back in the 80's with Money for Nothing.

See the little f.aggot with the earring and the makeup

Yeah buddy that's his own hair

That little f.aggot got his own jet airplane

That little f.aggot he's a millionaire

Apparently, the lyrics didn't bother Elton John, so it was ok....

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

Another day in the trenches....the retirement trenches that is. Gonna be a beautiful one for anything out doors. Maybe an hour or two volunteering at the library, meet lady friend for lunch, take a long walk.......
Yes indeed.... I'm heading into downtown Dallas today to pickup a pair of 402 horns for my jubilee's. This should be a fun project....
  • Like 1

Now for cup number two.

Same here, the "Retirement Trenches" im on day two of doing absolutely nothing, get up make the coffee and see the wife off to work, back to movies and naps, feels good for a change.

Just waiting fro my 401 rollover any day now, then it's everything from a Reno/shooting/drinkin/Volti audio, pass out binger.....yes, and im looking forward to it.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Yes indeed.... I'm heading into downtown Dallas today to pickup a pair of 402 horns for my jubilee's. This should be a fun project....

Good news there Boxx. :emotion-21:

To me the best part of that setup is the 402 horn, no question.

• Like 1