Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Driving home late last night from work, I saw a sign in the distance.  I know it is more nostalgic at this point and I only seemed to go for those emergency DIY items to finish an amp; however, it seemed to somehow signal the end to an era. :emotion-50:

Radio Shack sign .jpg

post-36163-0-19500000-1425040529_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 6

Driving home late last night from work, I saw a sign in the distance.  I know it is more nostalgic at this point and I only seemed to go for those emergency DIY items to finish an amp; however, it seemed to somehow signal the end to an era. :emotion-50:

Radio Shack sign .jpg

Perfect

I will miss their last min XLR/RCA adapter(s) when needed, i do however have a Fry's three miles away.

Any kid born today will never know the RS brand.

I remember running to three RS one day just to get enough connectors to finish a project.

• Like 2

Is there anything better than being off work on Friday?  I'm sure there is but this ranks right up there.  Got to have 3 cups this morning to get my day going.  Thought I'd drop by and see what all you knuckleheads were doing.  Looks like same old, same old..........love it.  Love the adios sign also.  I have a few projects to do while I'm waiting on my new driver for my Lil Wrecker project.  One is outside and one is in the attic.  It's 38 outside now.  Maybe I'll run to the bank instead while I'm waiting on God to turn on the solar heater.  Check in later.

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Rain/Drizzle predicted here for the next day or so.

Should go cover the watercraft, have not done much on that project this last week, no excuse, just lazy.

Hey Joe, you might wish to wear those pants that have pockets in the legs, that is what i do with my vast supply of leftover LEO wear. bought most on the Bay, lost my wallet one time and now keep it the left leg pocket, aint NO pickpocket gettin it there!

• Like 3

Morning guys.

Getting ready to roll out, I'll take the 2nd cup to go. Got to work on my trailer tomorrow, driving up to PA to pick up a Wheelhorse tractor. This one will be for parts.

Yea the closing of the Shack is sad. They did help out when I was in a pinch. But the sales people they had........most of them were some real tools. There was one time I was looking for some connectors......the sales guy had to know what I was doing.....he had to know what equipment I had........so I rattled off my gear.............the response was....."ahhhh Klipsch, I never herd of those"...what a tool.

Ok gang, I'll check in later

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Breakfast out with two old gents.  Went to a different place where I had gotten the blueberry pancakes on Sunday.  I had to stick with steak and eggs because of the protein diet I'm doing :(

Came home and my ice storm damaged wax myrtles had been cleaned up by the next door neighbor's landscape crew :)

LF left W. Virginia headed this way this morning :D  Should be here by dinner.

May go fix more coffee.  Sunny and 42 degrees.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

Breakfast out with two old gents.  Went to a different place where I had gotten the blueberry pancakes on Sunday.  I had to stick with steak and eggs because of the protein diet I'm doing :(

Came home and my ice storm damaged wax myrtles had been cleaned up by the next door neighbor's landscape crew :)

LF left W. Virginia headed this way this morning :D  Should be here by dinner.

May go fix more coffee.  Sunny and 42 degrees.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Man, we'd settle for 42 and sunny. All sorts of snow with more to come and a high in the 20's. I suppose it's a small price to pay for living where we live.

Baxter and I plan on hibernating until we join up with some friends this evening. Just too damn cold for these old bones. Maybe play some tunes on the B and grab a movie.

Enjoy your Friday guys.

• Like 3

Looks like I'm a bit late getting in on this thread, more like a blanket than a thread! 336 pages, Jez!

So yeah being off work Friday and Monday rank quite high; I retired in Nov. which ranks highest. Kept busy nearly every day with home projects that were put off and off and off. Now no hurry to get them done and have them lined up and some finished. Upstairs/ hallways painted - finished. Re-grout shower/ new shower doors - finished. Now working on a freshening of the finished basement worthy of my new KHorns. About half way complete. I'll post somes pics when ready. And amongst this are 3-4 mile daily walks when weather allows and riding my MC's whenever possible. My two drugs - hifi and bikes.

Coffee - all day, every day. French press most often, older GE percolater on the weekend and a Bialetti expresso maker for a quick launch. An in-expensive, stove top maker that's really slick and brews a damn nice 1/2 cup or so.

Well back to work, getting ready to shampoo the carpet, then install new baseboards and assemble new equipment rack.

• Like 5

Good afternoon gents..... Just caught up with the morning posts......

Morning late morning coffee - Starbuck's and some glazed donuts from D&D which I bought for the office...

Today, we are in the shop washing pipes of the old 1892 Johnson (you were close Dave :0) and this is especially for you..

I will answer more later tonight about those reeds etc..

[url=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/Tigermanv8/media/image.jpg2_20.jpg.html]image.jpg2_20.jpg[/url

• Like 8