Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Up from Nap, Coffee long gone.

Time to interupt Tarheels good eating habits.

These dam "Madelines and ANY beer, are a curse !

Yes it's the one cookie the whole family can enjoy.

Women and kids seem to already know what these things are

A great Costco find :)

• Like 3

Evening Gang

ChuckAb3 seems to be done with the "Pass-a-round DAC" Dragonfly unit, he PM me as to the return to me, but it's my gift to forum members thinking if they need/want a DAC, get it, use it, and then pass it along.

This is my copy to Chuck.

Ok Chuck here is the Curse you have taken-on.

I gave this(gift) to Forum members, now it's your turn to monitor who ever wants to play with a basic DAC.

Hook up with them and mail it to them, like pass it on kind of thing.

No hurry, and i dont mean for you to bird dog trying to get it out of your life.

Just at your convenience pass it on to someone who will do the same.

Sound fair?

Mark

P.S. you can advertise you have a pass-a-long DAC if you wish, maybe start a thread.

Ill post a copy of this in the C&C forum just to give everyone the heads up.

$10 bucks to ship USPS is what it cost me.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5

Glad you mentioned the pot cleaning Mark.  Last week I ran white vinegar through the Mr. Coffee and ended up repeating it for most of the day.  Still getting build up out several hours later.  I guess the filter had been catching most of this before.  Yuck!

Well I may now have the record for the quickest sale in the Garage forum.  Listed my HK A500 integrated amp.....walked Jake to the end of my road, came back and it was sold.  I chatted later with forum member Zim. and he seems like a great guy.  It was gone through by Craig so I sell it with confidence. 

Painter coming again this morning at 9:00.  Foyer in disarray. 

Cloudy and moderate today but Wednesday is suppose to hit 75!  Ready for spring.

Back to dieting....gained 1.2 last two days.

You working stiffs.....go out there and make us proud!  Fellow retirees....carry on!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

I've never cleaned my coffee pots or espresso machine.  I've never run anything through them except R.O. filtered water either.  They're clean as a pin.  My wife has been using it in her steam iron for years and it still looks brand new.

Morning all.  Monday after a 3 day weekend is normally no fun.  I did get all my attic work done this weekend so I don't have to be up there in the 100+ temperatures that we'll soon have.  Coffee was good this morning but I couldn't consume it at my leisure like I've done for the last 3 mornings.  As much as I gripe about coming to work, I'm very grateful to have a job.  It could be a lot worse.

• Like 4

Cleaning my pot because it's the Perkolater type, any surface that touches the coffee gets coated with buidup.

I ask my Bud that owns a Kona Coffee house what he does and he is the one that runs Oxiclean once a week.

Coffee was A tad on the light side this morning, however it was ready when waking up, if you think for a second im saying anything to the wife, your nuts.

• Like 2

Gentlemen, I need a new small electric burr grinder, not too expensive, for my dark roast Chemex pour over brew.  I use my wife's Gaggia for espresso, but it's far too big and bulky.  Any recommendations?

Amazon, cheap and fast.

http://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-Electric-Coffee-Grinder-Stainless/dp/B00004SPEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425306537&sr=8-2&keywords=cheap+coffee+grinder

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

runs Oxiclean once a week.

You mean, like the laundry stuff?  Whoa.

I use straight white vinegar, and it works great.  I run it about halfway through, shut off, let it sit for 15-30 mins, finish the cycle, then do it again, and rinse several times.  Like a charm.

• Like 2

Gentlemen, I need a new small electric burr grinder, not too expensive, for my dark roast Chemex pour over brew.  I use my wife's Gaggia for espresso, but it's far too big and bulky.  Any recommendations?

Amazon, cheap and fast.

Well, ok, was looking for a specific brand and model recommendation.....I am very, very well acquainted with Amazon....

• Like 2

runs Oxiclean once a week.

You mean, like the laundry stuff?  Whoa.

I use straight white vinegar, and it works great.  I run it about halfway through, shut off, let it sit for 15-30 mins, finish the cycle, then do it again, and rinse several times.  Like a charm.

Yes, the laundry stuff, a tea spoon, run it through, and then i run through two rinse pots, comes out brand new every time.

My Kona Coffee guy knows what he is talking about.

• Like 2

Amazon, cheap and fast.

Well, ok, was looking for a specific brand and model recommendation.....I am very, very well acquainted with Amazon....

Been using this one for three years.

http://www.amazon.com/KRUPS-Electric-Coffee-Grinder-Stainless/dp/B00004SPEU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1425306537&sr=8-2&keywords=cheap+coffee+grinder

• Like 3

Evening Gang

ChuckAb3 seems to be done with the "Pass-a-round DAC" Dragonfly unit, he PM me as to the return to me, but it's my gift to forum members thinking if they need/want a DAC, get it, use it, and then pass it along.

I gave this(gift) to Forum members, now it's your turn to monitor who ever wants to play with a basic DAC.

No hurry, and i dont mean for you to bird dog trying to get it out of your life.

Sound fair?

Mark

P.S. you can advertise you have a pass-a-long DAC if you wish, maybe start a thread.

That's fair and thank you again, Mark. Any takers? Just send me a PM.

• Like 2

Happy Monday Non retirees! We got winter back - sort of. We got some snow but unfortunately we're playing around the freezing line and have to do the rain thing again for a couple of days. No bueno. Snow - no sweat, cold - no sweat, gale force winds - no fun, but no sweat, ice/freezing rain - you can have it. I'm stocked on coffee if we have to stay home so all is well! Oh! And I got a second sub over the weekend so this weather may turn out to be a good thing! (Always a silver lining)

post-52637-0-74620000-1425307252_thumb.j

• Like 5

Evening Gang

Sound fair?

Mark

That's fair and thank you again, Mark. Any takers? Just send me a PM.

Ill keep my eye open for anyone looking to try out a DAC for free, you monitor threads as well, someone will come along.  

• Like 4

Gentlemen, I need a new small electric burr grinder, not too expensive, for my dark roast Chemex pour over brew. I use my wife's Gaggia for espresso, but it's far too big and bulky.

I use my Rocky for both.  It's just a turn of the dial to go from espresso grind to drip.  Would you have to move it for each different use?  It will give far better grounds than any portable grinder you could find.

• Like 3

Good afternoon gents..... Lunch time here in the east...

Jim, if you want a bur grinder, it will be a bit larger then the blade type (I think that is what you want), they will also,have an output shute to dump the coffee..... (into a container)

Mark, I use that same Krupps for spices, well, er, once you do that, probably not good for coffee.... As you all know, we have the KA bur which does a fantastic job and keeps the beans fresh in its own jar... ;0)

Back to work here too .......

Have a good one my friends.

........Gary

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 2