Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
I went and looked at my can. I've cleaned a doz or so carbs with this.

I used some of that stuff a couple of years ago, works great, what's nice is when your done you just close it back up and save it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

A different bee/wasp problem, About a year ago I wanted to put a light on the old fan on the side porch, so being the cheap sucker I am I decided to make something to cover the light and make it shine only on the cement table underneath. So I made a cover from bamboo, it looks a little weird but directs the light just to the table like I hoped. 

The problem is now that's it's warming up the wasp are building nest inside the ends of the bamboo. Ok that's not that bad, but now worm looking things are on the table right under the light everyday, I never knew they did this, don't know if it's something there eating or building a nest with? So I guess I need to cover the holes with silicone like suggested. 

It's been going on for weeks, I clean it and there back the next day, is this wasp food there dropping ? 

post-9700-0-41000000-1432492623_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-42440000-1432492653_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Wow, I don't log in since Friday and I'm about 3 pages back.  Nice pictures everyone.  Lot's of projects that I see are going on.  I've been in the bathroom all weekend.  No I'm not sick or hung over.  We're doing a major remodel and I've got everything out but the sheet rock and studs.  Yesterday I busted the tub out as my wife wants a walk in shower instead.  Once I got it out I found that the original plumbers missed the wall when they roughed the water pipes in.  That will work with a tub but not with a shower.  I spent most of this morning busting concrete with a hammer and chisel.  All I have left to do now is cut them and move them.  That will be a project for next weekend.  I'm pooped.

• Like 8

• Moderators
I've been in the bathroom all weekend. No I'm not sick or hung over. We're doing a major remodel and I've got everything out but the sheet rock and studs.

That looks like a terrible job, I hate breaking out cement especially in a space like that, it's almost worse than being sick. :o  But doing it yourself your saving enough money to fill up that old bathtub. Check out how much it cost to get a bathroom remodeled, I would sit first, it's going to be a shocking price. :blink:  :D  

That dirt has not see light in a long time !

• Like 6

Happy Memorial Day ya'll ! Not so much a holiday as a memory day, imo

Not much traffic today so, the summer rush was not as rushed.

Made near record time for me, without pushing it.

Yes so, have relaxed more about the routes and, we'll see.

Popped a top cause I can and am caught up now CECC.

Guess we may get wet here then next. Not too chatty at times.

Even though not a chatroom, I have gone off before as a chatty doll.

The one with a string. Bet tnat would sell quick on the bay.

Just guessin. Looking at my blow by blow album. Should play it

Get them smokers smoking and the grills iron hot, if you care to.

Oh, you have already well, enjoy your memories, if you have.

I remember other times in the past, not always have to be war, thoughts.

Started to delete but, you probly do not get snozzled one 1 lite miller,lol.

• Like 7

Morning guys.......

Me and the wife just got in from the shop.......looking good......I had a few of the old shop helpers swing in and help me with the lifting. The wifes new desk in big and heavy and she got a long flat file. There is no way I could have done it alone.

The shop helpers are just kids that I meet having the shop. They would help here and there, I would let them work on there cars.

One of them worked with me for a few years on and off. He is super smart, I meet him when he was 14 he's 29 now. Got two kids and a wife. I am the god farther to his youngest son. We have been through a lot.

He first rolled up to the shop with his broken go-kart.......wanted me to fix it....so I fixed it.....was a quick weld on the frame.....I gave him some work to do and he just kept coming back....he had no farther in his life.....so people have told me he thinks of me as farther figure......kinda cool......he's a good guy, he still has keys to my shop and keeps his tool box there. He runs a Mr Tire shop....this is a new thing for him. He's not turning wrenches any longer.

Ok gonna get some sleep......

Check in later......

MKP :-)

• Like 9

He first rolled up to the shop with his broken go-kart.......wanted me to fix it....so I fixed it.....was a quick weld on the frame.....I gave him some work to do and he just kept coming back....he had no farther in his life.....so people have told me he thinks of me as farther figure......kinda cool......he's a good guy, he still has keys to my shop and keeps his tool box there. He runs a Mr Tire shop....this is a new thing for him. He's not turning wrenches any longer.

Sounds pretty cool there. Having an extended family in a way I suppose. You were a good influence by the sound of the way he turned out.

Sorry if I say too much. No kids myself but, youth around keeps you young.

Helps the older back some too. Nice remodel! Enjoy the rest.

• Like 8

Morning gang

Appears everyone has a "Little" project going.

First cup, reading through the tasks.

Dodge has been sitting here since Sat, all the parts needed as well, just lazy retirement.

I suppose ill finish it today---maybe :mellow:  

Now for that second Cup :emotion-44::emotion-21:

• Like 8

Happy Memorial Day guys. I was off catching up a little on outdoor projects yesterday. Same today.

Chuck, that deck looks terrific. We have a level lot so no deck. My project has been rehabbing a fairly good size covered patio after some years of neglect. Starting to look pretty good but there's more to do. Good project for an old fart retiree. It's also good business for my message therapist. :lol:

We kicked off Memorial Day on an appropriate note last night watching American Sniper. Highly recommended. Great on surround sound too.

Have a peaceful day and cheers to all.

• Like 5

A quick photo of my "little" project.

Project%202_zpsbajricx1.jpg

You know I got the Honda shop thing going on......you can do alot with em........but of I wanted to build something with real power.....V8 all the way.....yea baby

What ya got going on with the heads off??

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 3

11334128_10153279016532510_8124113266275

Ahhhhh B-29......one of the greatest of all time......

We a have a small local airport just a few miles from the shop.....every year a B-17 and B-24 and sometimes a P-51 fly in for the show....really cool.....I'll be working in the shop and I will here those planes fly over..... they make a few flybys over the town.

There is nothing like the sound of those radial engines.....

• Like 5

What ya got going on with the heads off??

I broke a piston skirt somehow. Engine supposedly has 100K on it.  I've pulled everything on this less the crank. After I get everything spotless, I'm going back in with new pistons, cam, oil pump, lifters, timing chain and sprockets, new ss headers, etc. Right now I'm using dawn detergent and hot water sparingly to wash these freshly deglazed bores.

• Like 5